• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pro football survivor - KJR

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too late to get your entries into this years KJR pro football survivor contest. Unlike prior years it is now entirely web driven. No more narrow time windows that require you listen to the station which means even if you live in across the country you should be able to enter. They now let you pick any time between Tue and Sun morning at 10am our time.

This year they are no longer giving away SB tickets. It is now a $9,500 prize.

If you have never done one of these all you have to do is pick a winner each week and not repeat using the same team twice. Harder than it sounds for the pro version. I never make it very deep in this thing lol. Go to KJR's web site and look for the pro survivor for info. If you haven't ever been to that site the first time you have enter your name, address, etc, but every week after it's easy. Just email and entry.

Again, you have until 10am sunday to get this weeks pick in. You can't miss any weeks or you are out.

I took Miami this week against Washington. I like the fins this year for some reason and I'm going out guns blazing if I'm wrong.

Good luck to anyone else that is in it.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too late to get your entries into this years KJR pro football survivor contest. Unlike prior years it is now entirely web driven. No more narrow time windows that require you listen to the station which means even if you live in across the country you should be able to enter. They now let you pick any time between Tue and Sun morning at 10am our time.

This year they are no longer giving away SB tickets. It is now a $9,500 prize.

If you have never done one of these all you have to do is pick a winner each week and not repeat using the same team twice. Harder than it sounds for the pro version. I never make it very deep in this thing lol. Go to KJR's web site and look for the pro survivor for info. If you haven't ever been to that site the first time you have enter your name, address, etc, but every week after it's easy. Just email and entry.

Again, you have until 10am sunday to get this weeks pick in. You can't miss any weeks or you are out.

I took Miami this week against Washington. I like the fins this year for some reason and I'm going out guns blazing if I'm wrong.

Good luck to anyone else that is in it.
I completely forgot, thanks!

You in the college survivor? They really screwed that one up this year...

Last edited:

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boom, taking Carolina week 1... last year my stategy was to take whoever was playing Jacksonville (when I could), made it pretty far...

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got the Jets.
Never take a road favorite this early in the season.
I pick a team now that I probably won't want to pick later.
If I lose with a home favorite in week 1, so be it. Gotta save those good teams for later.

Here's to hoping one of the posters here actually wins it.:suds:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you guys remember the old Seattle Times "Pick Em" when you had to send them in with the mail?

My older brother used to do that and he got me into a few years,i forget but he won a few times,some Mariners tickets and a Spaghetti Factory coupon for two for free etc.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It pains me to say this..... GO COWBOYS!!!!!!

I really don't like the match ups for week 1. As for the College Survivor, picked Washington.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad they did away with the windows that you could text in. I always missed them.

I'm picking Miami for week 1. Green Bay in my opinion is the surest bet but Miami is a close second.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening day is always tough. The schedule is loaded with road favorites, and the home team always has a good punchers chance to pull it out. I gotta go with Denver. Hate to burn them this early, but they're my only certainty. But going with a different strategy this year, go with what i ope are sure things early, then see how the other teams shape up over the begining of the season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening day is always tough. The schedule is loaded with road favorites, and the home team always has a good punchers chance to pull it out. I gotta go with Denver. Hate to burn them this early, but they're my only certainty. But going with a different strategy this year, go with what i ope are sure things early, then see how the other teams shape up over the begining of the season.
You think the Broncos are a sure win? Ravens have a decent team, so I'm kind of surprised at that prediction.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the Broncos are a sure win? Ravens have a decent team, so I'm kind of surprised at that prediction.

The most sure win on the board, imo. Too many question marks with other games. I know that Manning and those edge rushers will show up.

-4.5 is always a funny line. But it is hands down the best line there is if I'm betting the favorite on the money line. It's almost like the oddsmakers just throw their hands up and say, D"envers going to win, but who knows by how much." I'm telling you harold, keep an eye on those 4.5s if you like these pickem games.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most sure win on the board, imo. Too many question marks with other games. I know that Manning and those edge rushers will show up.

-4.5 is always a funny line. But it is hands down the best line there is if I'm betting the favorite on the money line. It's almost like the oddsmakers just throw their hands up and say, D"envers going to win, but who knows by how much." I'm telling you harold, keep an eye on those 4.5s if you like these pickem games.
So you got to beat the spread on this pick em

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you got to beat the spread on this pick em

No. I just follow those lines anyways. And try to apply them to the pickem. I like the kjr pickem. But the past three years I've been eliminated week one or two by trying to pick teams that I don't know much about because I'm afraid to burn my good team picks. Not this year, my friend. Totally different approach. I'm taking good teams at home both this week and next, then see how some of those unknown teams shape up. SD is another good pick, imo. They always win a lot of home games early.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I just follow those lines anyways. And try to apply them to the pickem. I like the kjr pickem. But the past three years I've been eliminated week one or two by trying to pick teams that I don't know much about because I'm afraid to burn my good team picks. Not this year, my friend. Totally different approach. I'm taking good teams at home both this week and next, then see how some of those unknown teams shape up. SD is another good pick, imo. They always win a lot of home games early.
I've been in a money picked for a few years, love it. I do OK, 4 out of 5 years I've come out a head money wise, but it is really tough to pick winners with the spread. The Pats vs Steelers is a good example. Steelers covered the spread with that last minute TD. Lucky for me I had the Steelers.

For kjr I went Bengals.:hope:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been in a money picked for a few years, love it. I do OK, 4 out of 5 years I've come out a head money wise, but it is really tough to pick winners with the spread. The Pats vs Steelers is a good example. Steelers covered the spread with that last minute TD. Lucky for me I had the Steelers.

For kjr I went Bengals.:hope:

Yeah. Ats is tough, those lines makers know the nfl very, very well. And the lines are about as close to spot on as you can get in sports.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely forgot, thanks!

You in the college survivor? They really screwed that one up this year...
Yeah, I always do both and normally only have any success in the college one. Don't think I've made it past week 7 of the NFL version lol.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear in case any lurkers are looking to enter the pro survivor (you still have until 10am tomorrow) it is NOT against the spread. You simply pick who wins the game outright. It's a 'survivor' game meaning you can't miss any weeks and you cannot reuse the same team twice during the year. That makes it more challenging as it can be hard to plan when to use teams that aren't likely to have games where they are heavy favorites.

As for the college version, I too took UW in week 1 as I didn't think there were any other weeks I'd likely take them later.

The challenge in the college one is the bye weeks. You really need to plan out most of your season and avoid using the sure fire teams unless you need them on weeks where lots of the choices are on byes. Save at least one SEC for the week before rivalry week as those pussies mostly all play pansy teams that week.

Not sure how confident I am in the Miami pick, but it felt like the one to take. Washington is a hot mess in so many ways and the fins look like they are legit.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got the Miami call right. On to week 2.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I made it through week 1 too. It's on!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in yet but Bengals up by 17 and Carr has been taken to the locker for something.