• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Printer issue

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can probably look this up somewhere else but I wanna test out this fancy new forum.

Anyway, my printer as of late has decided to be a bitch and reinstall itself every time I turn it on. I don't use it often so naturally I keep it off but every time I turn it on now, a message pops up on the computer saying "new device found" and the install process starts. It then installs another "copy" of the printer even though I installed the thing years ago. It's only recently started doing this. Is there some setting I can change where things don't automatically install?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can probably look this up somewhere else but I wanna test out this fancy new forum.

Anyway, my printer as of late has decided to be a bitch and reinstall itself every time I turn it on. I don't use it often so naturally I keep it off but every time I turn it on now, a message pops up on the computer saying "new device found" and the install process starts. It then installs another "copy" of the printer even though I installed the thing years ago. It's only recently started doing this. Is there some setting I can change where things don't automatically install?

Never had this problem before, but let me ask you. Do you have any of the printers software on your computer? If you do, try uninstalling it.

What printer do you use and what OS?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a common problem with HP printers. Happens usually after a Windows update. The solution according to HP is to completely uninstall the printer and disconnect all the cables in the process. Then go to HP's website and download the newest driver/utility software package and reinstall the printer. I have seen this more with Vista than with Windows 7. And I have had some Kodak printers act up for the same reason.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll try that out