• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Week 4: Arizona Cardinals vs Denver Broncos

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get the major love for Sloter around here. Might be that he is a Northern Colorado player. I like him as a PS player. If we don't find a vet QB obviously we have to have him as our 2nd, but I think some are way over hyping him around here. He has done some nice things, but he is so far away from being NFL ready. Then again, that happened the day we picked him up because the Colorado folks love Colorado folks, and I get it. I am the same way for Iowa and Florida. and then again Paxton Lynch is so far away from being NFL ready as well.

They are going to get a vet who doesn't know the offense for a couple of weeks and then cut him? I'd rather have Sloter as the back up entering the season.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say really. Not sure what I expect or want. Just don't think Sloter will be on active roster long here. If at all.. Could start on it beings nobody else knows the system... But we better hope and pray Siemian stays healthy (I know that sounds sad, right).. Sloter vs a first team D with blitzing, disguises would not be a pretty thought. I look forward to seeing how he continues to grow but he has no business on an NFL regular season playing field right now. I think I'd rather go with a vet even if he doesn't know the offense. QB isn't exactly something you "just get by with" but we will see.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do we think Lynch is that much further along than Sloter? Because Lynch is the #2 QB had he not been injured.This might be more of a indictment on Lynch and his mush brain not Sloter and his 38 wonderlich.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch is further along. But not much. He at least has experience and has been on the field vs a first team defense.

High wonderlic is nice, but it doesn't have anything to do with NFL experience.

I wish this was like a video game and you could throw anyone out there, but there are a lot more factors then just looking ok vs 3rd string defenses to becoming a good NFL QB.

Sloter has a chance, but it's going to be in levels.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch is further along. But not much. He at least has experience and has been on the field vs a first team defense.

High wonderlic is nice, but it doesn't have anything to do with NFL experience.

I wish this was like a video game and you could throw anyone out there, but there are a lot more factors then just looking ok vs 3rd string defenses to becoming a good NFL QB.

Sloter has a chance, but it's going to be in levels.

This is an organization that wanted to give Brock $16MM a year, brought in Butt Fumble, drafted Lynch Not to mention 2nd round busts in Ty, Cody and Monte. and you posted may be trying out Aaron Murray and his zero level of NFL starts, TDs or INTs ugh.

Elway and co have done very little for me to have faith in their evaluation of NFL QBs and potentailly cutting one in lew of a guy like Aaron Murray.

I bet Sloter makes the 53 man roster and sticks until Lynch comes back.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not betting that when we have 1 other QB on the roster right now. I might be dumb but I'm not that dumb. But I think we all know where Denver would rather him be.

the practice squad.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not betting that when we have 1 other QB on the roster right now. I might be dumb but I'm not that dumb. But I think we all know where Denver would rather him be.

the practice squad.
Yeah everything changed with Lynch got hurt and he looks to be out more than just the first 2 weeks

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, we have reached out to QB Aaron Murray who was a Chiefs backup for a few years. Might be giving him a workout this week.

Big reason he would be an option is that his contract would not be fully guaranteed for being on the week 1 roster. My guess is the Broncos are wanting somebody they can sign for a few weeks then let them walk with only having those few weeks count against the cap.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big reason he would be an option is that his contract would not be fully guaranteed for being on the week 1 roster. My guess is the Broncos are wanting somebody they can sign for a few weeks then let them walk with only having those few weeks count against the cap.

B-I-N-G-O

:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners cut Matt Barkley. You can bet we will be interested. Iowa rookie CJ Beathard beat him out for #2 job.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a Raider fan tell me he is starter material last year.

I've been told that by Raider friends too.

While I wouldn't go that far. He would be a nice backup. Doesn't really get ya over the top, smarter with the football then Barkley. Barkley is gonna ride or die QB. Yeah, I know it's sad when it comes to this, but thinking here.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another option could be Jacoby Brissett if New England cuts him. His contract would be fairly decent even if we were stuck with it all year when Paxton comes back.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't find any stats for Murray so what value would Murray add if he had to come in and play.

Team Sloter makes the team is my guess

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be that they just wanna give Murray a workout for future reference, could be that they like Murray. Who knows. He doesn't have regular season experience, but he does have a few years under his belt of NFL study, preparation and clip board holding. Who knows why they like him or want to see what he is like in a workout. But I am sure they have their reasons.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it. If TS fails or gets hurt, kiss playoffs goodbye, pray Kelly can be half as good as Pops or sell the farm to get #1 Qb in draft. Actually, if TS doesn't work, they just might be fighting Jets for # 1 next year. :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it. If TS fails or gets hurt, kiss playoffs goodbye, pray Kelly can be half as good as Pops or sell the farm to get #1 Qb in draft. Actually, if TS doesn't work, they just might be fighting Jets for # 1 next year. :)

I hope Kelly is way better then his dad at football. His dad never played a down in the NFL.

Be nice if he was similar to his uncle Jim Kelly though. I'd take that.

Defense is too good to fight the Jets for #1. But ya never know with injuries. I am thinking more in the 12-18 range depending on defense health.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Kelly is way better then his dad at football. His dad never played a down in the NFL.

Be nice if he was similar to his uncle Jim Kelly though. I'd take that.

Defense is too good to fight the Jets for #1. But ya never know with injuries. I am thinking more in the 12-18 range depending on defense health.
His uncle went by the nickname " Pops " to all his nephew's and niece's. Thought everybody knew that.