• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason: Los Angeles Rams @ Denver Broncos, 8/27, 9pm EST, 2016

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams first team D clamped down on Denver, with the Broncos first scoring against the 2s. The Rams first team O scored on Denver's vaunted defense twice (if only with FGs) without Gurley and Havenstein. The rest of the issues during the game are fodder for cut-down day on Tuesday and establishing depth charts really.

All in all, a solid game for the first team. However, the 2nd and 3rd teams really struggled to get much going.

I had hopes for Duke Williams to see more action, and he did get in much earlier, but with little success (other than drawing a late hit penalty). McRoberts is clearly ahead of him and challenging Quick for a roster spot, as is Spruce I would imagine on the strength of his performance against Dallas. Mike Thomas get in early as well, making a few plays including that nice special teams play, pinning the ball at the one. Duke may be a practice roster guy. Marquez' injury makes him a question mark.

RB should be an interesting battle. Obviously you've got Gurley, Cunningham and Brown. Reynolds continues to make great special teams plays, so he's back. Do they keep Green or McGee? Is Mason even a consideration now?

TEs should be pretty much set. Kendricks, Higbie, and Harkey look like locks. Do they keep a fourth in Hemingway, or is he a practice squad guy? I don't see much reason to keep Stoneburner, Cunningham, or Browne.

I wouldn't be surprised if Goff is put at third string to keep him out of games for a while, but that would also impact the reps he gets in practice. Tough decision there. All 3 are keepers.

The OL needs some weeding out, and I imagine Williams is gone. Have we even seen Battle in the preseason games? GRob seems to have kept his LT position for now, Wichmann at LG, Barnes at C, Saffold potentially at RG with Havenstein at RT. Depth will need to be sorted, but I imagine Brown, Donnal, and Kush are in that mix.

Defense I would imagine remains largely unchanged from last year, with a few changes where required (Chubb at reserve MLB, new additions Easley, Coples and Thomas). Some of the fringe guys I hope stick around include Seau and Jordan; both would seem to have earned roster spots, but as always it's a numbers game.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams first team D clamped down on Denver, with the Broncos first scoring against the 2s. The Rams first team O scored on Denver's vaunted defense twice (if only with FGs) without Gurley and Havenstein. The rest of the issues during the game are fodder for cut-down day on Tuesday and establishing depth charts really.

All in all, a solid game for the first team. However, the 2nd and 3rd teams really struggled to get much going.

I had hopes for Duke Williams to see more action, and he did get in much earlier, but with little success (other than drawing a late hit penalty). McRoberts is clearly ahead of him and challenging Quick for a roster spot, as is Spruce I would imagine on the strength of his performance against Dallas. Mike Thomas get in early as well, making a few plays including that nice special teams play, pinning the ball at the one. Duke may be a practice roster guy. Marquez' injury makes him a question mark.

RB should be an interesting battle. Obviously you've got Gurley, Cunningham and Brown. Reynolds continues to make great special teams plays, so he's back. Do they keep Green or McGee? Is Mason even a consideration now?

TEs should be pretty much set. Kendricks, Higbie, and Harkey look like locks. Do they keep a fourth in Hemingway, or is he a practice squad guy? I don't see much reason to keep Stoneburner, Cunningham, or Browne.

I wouldn't be surprised if Goff is put at third string to keep him out of games for a while, but that would also impact the reps he gets in practice. Tough decision there. All 3 are keepers.

The OL needs some weeding out, and I imagine Williams is gone. Have we even seen Battle in the preseason games? GRob seems to have kept his LT position for now, Wichmann at LG, Barnes at C, Saffold potentially at RG with Havenstein at RT. Depth will need to be sorted, but I imagine Brown, Donnal, and Kush are in that mix.

Defense I would imagine remains largely unchanged from last year, with a few changes where required (Chubb at reserve MLB, new additions Easley, Coples and Thomas). Some of the fringe guys I hope stick around include Seau and Jordan; both would seem to have earned roster spots, but as always it's a numbers game.

solid performance as in we score 2 field goals and pack it up for the day.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seau, Fox, and Jordon may seriously make the team. All three are keepers.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were worried about Ogletree making the transition to MLB, but so far so good.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mason is done

Tre Mason has 'mind of a child' due to concussions

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, SE. I saw this article that his CTE (Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy) is so significant that he can no longer differentiate between right and wrong and will need constant supervisory care. Sad story indeed.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
solid performance as in we score 2 field goals and pack it up for the day.

Against Denver's championship defense and without Gurley? Yes, that is solid. Anything involving 2nd string and 3rd string only matters for depth charts and cuts.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against Denver's championship defense and without Gurley? Yes, that is solid. Anything involving 2nd string and 3rd string only matters for depth charts and cuts.

Just a quick note. Broncos starting defense wasn't all playing in this one. 2 of our top players sat out the game and then others went out pretty early in the game after a couple of series.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a quick note. Broncos starting defense wasn't all playing in this one. 2 of our top players sat out the game and then others went out pretty early in the game after a couple of series.

Yeah, I noted that Wolfe and Ware were out in a separate thread.

Rams 1st string D subbed out pretty early as well.