• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason: Chiefs @ Cardinals

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll mainly be looking at the OL and O'Shaughnessy on offense. With special attention aimed at Eric Kush and Michael Morse. Morse may or may not be the leading candidate for opening day C, and he'll have his work cut out for him if he wants that job. What we do know is that Kush knows the system, and probably won't embarrass himself calling protections.

If Conley is available, he's another one to look at when it comes to WR's.

On defense, I'd probably look at the apparently heavier Jaye Howard, our new ILB's/DB's, and of course, Eric Berry. Hopefully, no injuries tomorrow.

:suds:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An hour and a half from kickoff. Hopefully the Royals can put in a decisive blow before then.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on how Dee Ford is looking this year? I know he is sitting out this game but I was actually a big fan of his coming out of college and know he had a disappointing rookie year. If he comes out big this year then watch out as Chiefs could give Seattle a run for their money for best defense.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on how Dee Ford is looking this year? I know he is sitting out this game but I was actually a big fan of his coming out of college and know he had a disappointing rookie year. If he comes out big this year then watch out as Chiefs could give Seattle a run for their money for best defense.
I have not been in camp much this year, so I can't really say. Just a lot of "Well, he better get more snaps this year or there's going to be a problem" kind of posts. I hope we get a good look at him tonight. It's more the coverage and run defense I worry about with him. The concussion he got a week or so ago definitely didn't help. He infamously ran away from a RB last year in SF- so he gets a lot a grief for that. He definitely was a DE playing OLB/ILB when he was on the field last year, imo. I hope he has learned something this offseason, or he's going to be limited to 3rd down again and obvious passing situations.

His first step has always looked pretty good with virtually everyone I have talked to on the subject of his actual passrushing. Definitely a pure speed-rusher when he's right.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not been in camp much this year, so I can't really say. Just a lot of "Well, he better get more snaps this year or there's going to be a problem" kind of posts. I hope we get a good look at him tonight. It's more the coverage and run defense I worry about with him. The concussion he got a week or so ago definitely didn't help. He infamously ran away from a RB last year in SF- so he gets a lot a grief for that. He definitely was a DE playing OLB/ILB when he was on the field last year, imo. I hope he has learned something this offseason, or he's going to be limited to 3rd down again and obvious passing situations.

His first step has always looked pretty good with virtually everyone I have talked to on the subject of his actual passrushing. Definitely a pure speed-rusher when he's right.

Yeah I know when he was at Auburn that he was pretty much a pure athlete needing time to develop into an actual football player. I figured going to the Chiefs with Hali and Houston that they would really work to turn him into an all around great pass rusher/football player. It was why I liked the idea of the Broncos drafting him with the guys helping to coach him up. I am definitely excited to watch the Chiefs tonight as many are predicting you guys to be our biggest competition for the division. Obviously can't read too much into it but still always great to get that first look.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know when he was at Auburn that he was pretty much a pure athlete needing time to develop into an actual football player. I figured going to the Chiefs with Hali and Houston that they would really work to turn him into an all around great pass rusher/football player. It was why I liked the idea of the Broncos drafting him with the guys helping to coach him up. I am definitely excited to watch the Chiefs tonight as many are predicting you guys to be our biggest competition for the division. Obviously can't read too much into it but still always great to get that first look.
Yeah, I remember Gil Brandt predicting the Jags to make the playoffs last year, however. It's just one of those things where there's potential that I, and many others, would like to see that potential materialize. In the meantime though, we can only pour over recent data and performance. Speculate what the highs and lows could be, and what can be done to correct current problems via draft or otherwise.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmm, I hope coverage won't be soft in preseason from the Chiefs. Really feel that they are at their best when they are right in the WR's face, and physical. We'll see what they do though.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good showing from the pass defense on that first drive. Haven't quite seen a drive like that with huge splash pass in over a year-- in the regular season. Let's see what the offense can do. Looking at LT, C, RG, and RT.