• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Premier now fan of ESPN

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems Chip Kelly is joining the ESPN team.

"Over the last 30 years, I have experienced football from one perspective -- as a coach," Kelly said in a statement. "Working in television will allow me to see the game from a different angle; simultaneously, I'll provide viewers an insight to the mindset of a coach and team while offering alternative views of various situations.

I guess, reading between the corporate lines, that translates to -- no team wanted me and I couldn't find a job. For the true Chip Kelly teams, I guess the next Jersey will have to be an espn one.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another sign of how low that network has fallen.

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another sign of how low that network has fallen.
Let's be fair. He had the mentality/philosophy that doesn't make it in the NFL. That was Saban's only failure. Kelly's world is college where he can be king. He'll be back at Oregon soon...if, and only if, his ego allows. Oregon fell apart when he left--that's not a coincidence.

Admittedly, I was over the moon when Chip arrived in 2013, but was glad to see him leave 2 seasons later.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be fair. He had the mentality/philosophy that doesn't make it in the NFL. That was Saban's only failure. Kelly's world is college where he can be king. He'll be back at Oregon soon...if, and only if, his ego allows. Oregon fell apart when he left--that's not a coincidence.

Admittedly, I was over the moon when Chip arrived in 2013, but was glad to see him leave 2 seasons later.

Agree. Me too. I think most of us were. It sure was better with chip than if we hired Bradley.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Chip had gone somewhere with a stronger GM who had kept him in place it might have worked. The big mistake was giving him too much power too soon. He made a mess of the roster he inherited.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was excited about chip as well, and stated from day 1, my ONLY concern was if he could make the transition from college boys to professional nfl men. I was concerned that he would expect people to jump when he said, and if he would be too use to the constant rotation. In college he has people for 2 years, and thus believes in system more than skillset. The NFL is about a combination - you cannot win with just 1 or the other at this level. Chip, unfortunately, proved my fears right and he was miserable at both. He simply did not make the transition at all. That could have been possibly avoided, if he had come into the NFL as a OC or DC first under others and learned more himself first. I was excited to see him coming in, because it was simply time to move on past Reid. And I was even more excited to see him go. He proved in a very short period of time, he was not the man for the job.

That said, I cannot EVER imagine a true EAGLES FAN leaving the team for any 1 player or any 1 coach. I HATED to see dawkins leave... before that I HATED seeing Cunningham go. I watched every MIN game when Cunningham returned and went there, and was excited about them having a shot of going to the SB. But I have always bled eagle green first and foremost. And while I have no issues with critical thinking and having issues with things the team does - I do have a problem when someone keeps ACTING like a fan, when they admit they are not - and then continuing to return to take EVERY SINGLE MOVE we make in the worst light, like we never do anything right. I have more respect for a DAL fan that would troll here, than someone acting like a fan who has admitted he wasn't, but keeps trying to act like he is.