• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predictions Bengals Titans

Who Dey?

• Bengals by 7 or more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • tie

• Titans by a little

• Titans by 7 or more

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casting my vote for Bengals by a little. We gradually wake up to mediocrity progressing towards greatness.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same. Bengals by a little. They've had Tenn's number the past few years. The defense is a good matchup, usually, against Henry...and they don't have much of a passing game.

Defense looks to be about equal overall...If Joe were 100%, I think they'd win this by 10+, but not ever knowing when he could tweak something...or how much of the game plan has to be revised to protect him...hard to say....

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a sense that Tennessee is going to implode on offense this season and they will eventually replace Tannehil with the rookie. But it will take a couple of ugly performances before they get to that point. This would be a good week for one. They're missing Burks and a lineman on an already bad offensive line. If the Bengals can stop the run, which they've had great success with against Henry, they will be in good shape.

On the other hand.... It worries me that TN wil have had a week to digest the film and see just how limited the Bengals offense was with Burrow playing hurt. They could make it extremely difficult for us to score.

I predict a Bengals win. But I also predict it won't be very fun to watch.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a clue

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clear shot to the head of Burrow. Flag thrown. Then picked up. Replay shows clear shot to the face/head.

LOL officiating is so bad across the board.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor is going to get Burrow killed. Titans bringing pressure against a limited Burrow, and Taylor is dialing up 25 yard routes that have no shot of developing.

I know the Steelers hate Canada, but no coach gets less out of more talent than Taylor on offense. Fight me.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor is going to get Burrow killed. Titans bringing pressure against a limited Burrow, and Taylor is dialing up 25 yard routes that have no shot of developing.

I know the Steelers hate Canada, but no coach gets less out of more talent than Taylor on offense. Fight me.
pretty much what we're all seeing.

it's sad and depressing. I might run the vacuum or cut some weeds. this sucks.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals front office did what they could, they signed burrow, they re-rostered the OL, and the Bengals are bengalized.

Boyd and Higgins are gone to FA next year, and Burrow is likely to be carted off if we keep this shit up.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the luster is wearing off the Super Bowl run. We are seeing Zac Taylor and staff for what they are.

The same bunch who went 6-20-1 before a healthy Burrow and defense went on a run.

Taylor’s “culture” is about to implode. Y’all hear JaMarr Chase after the game? That dude is about to go nuclear. The whole “everyone relax it’ll be fine” schtick isn’t gonna work this time. Changes need to be made. And I’m not sure the coaches have the answers.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while injuries happen. That can’t be the excuse to write off Joe Burrow’s performance. He flat out sucks right now. Just not making the throws he normally makes. Not seeing the field. Obviously the limited mobility hinders a lot of what he does.

They paid him to be the messiah. He needs to be better than Zach Wilson.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems like the flip side to continuity. It was an advantage to have the same staff across the board for a few straight years as the team was growing. But, this team looks really stale. And its not just the Burrow injury. They have completely lost their identity on defense - Over the past two years, they've never had a team go on an offensive run like the Titans did yesterday. When have they ever gave up 3 touchdowns in a half? Maybe the Chargers game a couple years ago. Regardless, the D no longer can stop the run and it's the same front 7 that has always been in the building. Guys just aren't really bringing it and they look like they don't want to be there.

As for the offense..... I blame Taylor and Callahan, but I also realize that their hands are tied. Burrow wants to play so they let him play. But that results in us running everything out of the shotgun and the D has their ears pinned back on every snap. It's too easy to defend. And even on those rare plays where we do hold up up front, Burrow isn't accurate down the field.

It seems like the hunger is gone from this group. They need some new ideas and some new dynamics in the building.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To be a glass half full kind of person if the wheels are falling off it happened the right season. A hyped QB class could mean 3 first Rd picks and change in a trade. Marvin Harrison Jr would look good in stripes. Not ready to throw the towel in on the season but I'm still only half joking on this.

My concern is Burrow's long-term and short-term health.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be a glass half full kind of person if the wheels are falling off it happened the right season. A hyped QB class could mean 3 first Rd picks and change in a trade. Marvin Harrison Jr would look good in stripes. Not ready to throw the towel in on the season but I'm still only half joking on this.

My concern is Burrow's long-term and short-term health.

We're bad, but we squeaked by the Rams, we're going to win some games, but I don't believe we deserve to be in the playoffs unless something changes. (maybe Burrow takes a game off, or gets to rest his leg in the bye week)

nevertheless, we will win too many games against jobbers to draft Marvin Jr.
it's possible that we do draft Higgins replacement next season. Charlie Jones is Boyd's replacement.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while injuries happen. That can’t be the excuse to write off Joe Burrow’s performance. He flat out sucks right now. Just not making the throws he normally makes. Not seeing the field. Obviously the limited mobility hinders a lot of what he does.

They paid him to be the messiah. He needs to be better than Zach Wilson.
The issue is - his injury is likely worse than we all think it is, and it is 100% impacting everything. Teams are sending 6 guys on the regular and just pummeling the line. Burrow can't move, so he can't extend plays...and is a sitting duck. When you couple this with the lack of play calling creativity to get guys open quickly in space....the results are what they are.

He needs to be sat until after the Bye. Take the lumps now. It's what they should have already done...and roll the dice they could win a game here or there until after the Bye and then they face Buf and the 9ers...

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems like the flip side to continuity. It was an advantage to have the same staff across the board for a few straight years as the team was growing. But, this team looks really stale. And its not just the Burrow injury. They have completely lost their identity on defense - Over the past two years, they've never had a team go on an offensive run like the Titans did yesterday. When have they ever gave up 3 touchdowns in a half? Maybe the Chargers game a couple years ago. Regardless, the D no longer can stop the run and it's the same front 7 that has always been in the building. Guys just aren't really bringing it and they look like they don't want to be there.

As for the offense..... I blame Taylor and Callahan, but I also realize that their hands are tied. Burrow wants to play so they let him play. But that results in us running everything out of the shotgun and the D has their ears pinned back on every snap. It's too easy to defend. And even on those rare plays where we do hold up up front, Burrow isn't accurate down the field.

It seems like the hunger is gone from this group. They need some new ideas and some new dynamics in the building.
The continuity thing is good if guys are good...Lou is very good. They've got some new pieces on defense, and things are still up and down at times, but they are also getting zero help from the offense. Eventually dams break when they are beaten enough.

The biggest issue with the continuity is that Taylor has NEVER been a good play caller. Sure, the SB year it worked because everything was clicking and it was new to everyone in the NFL. Now that it's on tape....they struggle. Now that it's on tape and Burrow is injured....they flat out stink. Offensively, this team is awful, and is only getting covered up at times because Burrow is Burrow and Chase is Chase, etc....but this is one area of continuity that has been bad...and I will toot my horn here a bit because I've been calling this out for 2 years now.

Taylor needs to hire a real offensive coordinator, and get out of the way. I think he's a fine HC and does a nice job of running the team overall...but his inability to adjust to in game situations on the fly or continue to create schemes/formations that get the best out of his players has been lacking since his days at U.Cincinnati when he had the exact same issues.

No one, and I mean no one, gets less out of more as an offensive coordinator than Taylor. Fight me. Pitt fans can say Canada sucks, and he does, but they don't have Burrow, Chase, Higgins and Mixon and have had 2 games this year where they scored ZERO touchdowns. It's just inexcusable.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The continuity thing is good if guys are good...Lou is very good. They've got some new pieces on defense, and things are still up and down at times, but they are also getting zero help from the offense. Eventually dams break when they are beaten enough.

The biggest issue with the continuity is that Taylor has NEVER been a good play caller. Sure, the SB year it worked because everything was clicking and it was new to everyone in the NFL. Now that it's on tape....they struggle. Now that it's on tape and Burrow is injured....they flat out stink. Offensively, this team is awful, and is only getting covered up at times because Burrow is Burrow and Chase is Chase, etc....but this is one area of continuity that has been bad...and I will toot my horn here a bit because I've been calling this out for 2 years now.

Taylor needs to hire a real offensive coordinator, and get out of the way. I think he's a fine HC and does a nice job of running the team overall...but his inability to adjust to in game situations on the fly or continue to create schemes/formations that get the best out of his players has been lacking since his days at U.Cincinnati when he had the exact same issues.

No one, and I mean no one, gets less out of more as an offensive coordinator than Taylor. Fight me. Pitt fans can say Canada sucks, and he does, but they don't have Burrow, Chase, Higgins and Mixon and have had 2 games this year where they scored ZERO touchdowns. It's just inexcusable.
I agree about Taylor, but disagree about the defense. Sure, the dam will break when you've been piled on. But yesterday, the dam broke way too early. The Bengals first drive was a good, time-consuming drive. They then had a 7 play drive and a punt and a 4 play drive and punt. And then the D fell apart, giving up big play after big play and ultimately giving up 3 touchdowns that ended the game in the first half. That is nothing like the D we have seen in the past, where they consistently limit damage even when the offense is ineffective. I think it's too easy to blame the loss of our safeties, which doesn't seem like much of an excuse given that Dax Hill has probably been our best, most consistent defender this year.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about Taylor, but disagree about the defense. Sure, the dam will break when you've been piled on. But yesterday, the dam broke way too early. The Bengals first drive was a good, time-consuming drive. They then had a 7 play drive and a punt and a 4 play drive and punt. And then the D fell apart, giving up big play after big play and ultimately giving up 3 touchdowns that ended the game in the first half. That is nothing like the D we have seen in the past, where they consistently limit damage even when the offense is ineffective. I think it's too easy to blame the loss of our safeties, which doesn't seem like much of an excuse given that Dax Hill has probably been our best, most consistent defender this year.
You are right, but every unit is going to have one of those days. I think it was 2 years ago, they had one against the Jets and their backup QB throwing for 400 yards, or whatever...by and large, though, the defense has played well this year. They've given up some points, but their best stretches have been typically the 1st half when they are still fresh, and the STL game where the offense actually moved the ball in the 2nd half. Prior to that, the offense was going 3-out on nearly 50% of their attempts.

Larger point - when this defense eventually takes a step back on a more consistent basis (I think this happens when Lou leaves) - will the offense be able to answer the challenge and help carry the team to a win. To date - the answer is a shocking "maybe". That is a sad testament when you have Burrow and, hopefully, Chase signed to this offense...

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, but every unit is going to have one of those days. I think it was 2 years ago, they had one against the Jets and their backup QB throwing for 400 yards, or whatever...by and large, though, the defense has played well this year. They've given up some points, but their best stretches have been typically the 1st half when they are still fresh, and the STL game where the offense actually moved the ball in the 2nd half. Prior to that, the offense was going 3-out on nearly 50% of their attempts.

Larger point - when this defense eventually takes a step back on a more consistent basis (I think this happens when Lou leaves) - will the offense be able to answer the challenge and help carry the team to a win. To date - the answer is a shocking "maybe". That is a sad testament when you have Burrow and, hopefully, Chase signed to this offense...
I think you are right, but I'm more pessimistic. Even during the good times of the last two seasons, it has been rare that the offense has carried the load. I don't really remember anything that would count as a shoot-out that the Bengals won. Nothing like the days when Carson could carry the team with 50 points and only win by a field goal because of a horrible D.

So, I think the Bengals plan needs to include changes on the offense. I would let Tee walk - There are too many good receivers coming through the college ranks to pay Tee WR1 type of money. I think this is also the fourth straight season he will miss time due to injury. You can let him go and use the money to reinvest along the offensive and defensive lines. I think the goal should be to continue to provide Burrow with enough of a D that he can win games late with a decent cast around him. It just doesn't make much sense to invest in so many weapons if this offense is never going to play to that level.

In some ways, I think this is what the Chiefs are now doing. They didn't leave themselves with a lot at receiver which is going to hurt them.... But, they have significantly improved that D. So, now they have a D that will keep them in the game long enough for Mahomes to make Mahomes plays and win ball games. Contrast this with Miami - A team that looks phenomenal on offense..... That is only going to get them so far if they have no prayers of shutting down teams with good offense.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And coaching seems to matter more than ever on the offensive side of the ball. I think Philly really misses their OC from last season. They have all the same parts, but don't look nearly as efficient.