• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predicting the remainder of this season

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"ll save total judgment until mid July... That is a telling time... Still time left, but the inconsistency is a bad sign.... If I had to guess I would say forget it, M's offense effin sucks big time... We have some power in our line-up but no one that can consistently get on base...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"ll save total judgment until mid July... That is a telling time... Still time left, but the inconsistency is a bad sign.... If I had to guess I would say forget it, M's offense effin sucks big time... We have some power in our line-up but no one that can consistently get on base...

Still time left for what come mid-July? Even if he starts hitting then we will be so far out of it that they will just be meaningless hits...which our team is best at.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still time left for what come mid-July? Even if he starts hitting then we will be so far out of it that they will just be meaningless hits...which our team is best at.

I always say what until mid summer starting a season ... It gives the best indication where you team is heading in baseball around that time... I understand late season runs happen also, 95 M's being a good example, BUT that team has more talent obviously...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always say what until mid summer starting a season ... It gives the best indication where you team is heading in baseball around that time... I understand late season runs happen also, 95 M's being a good example, BUT that team has more talent obviously...

I agree just tired of waiting til next week or next month or next year. You are right I am just impatient.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree just tired of waiting til next week or next month or next year. You are right I am just impatient.

I think we've all lost patients with this team honestly... Your not alone.. It's been ugly for the last decade and a half...

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a prediction for the remainder of the season....
The Seattle Mariners offense will make me puke from disgust by the end of the season.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it hasn't already?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the team were all performing up to their realistic potential, the team would still be widely inconsistent. This is due to the fact that the team's run production is predicated on guys going deep, something that is usually not consistent. Take a look at Cruz, he exploded at first and has been nearly anemic during June. Chances are, he'll explode again during a month, then slow down.

When you base your run-scoring ability on HRs and low OBP, you're going to be inconsistent.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the team were all performing up to their realistic potential, the team would still be widely inconsistent. This is due to the fact that the team's run production is predicated on guys going deep, something that is usually not consistent. Take a look at Cruz, he exploded at first and has been nearly anemic during June. Chances are, he'll explode again during a month, then slow down.

When you base your run-scoring ability on HRs and low OBP, you're going to be inconsistent.

Prove that! Oh wait, I guess the last 7 years of Jack did that for you. :)

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prove that! Oh wait, I guess the last 7 years of Jack did that for you. :)

I'd be shocked if the correlation between OBP and wins isn't stronger than that of batting average and wins. I say that because getting a walk has more value (IMO) than getting a single, because you can get a single off of one, two or three pitches. Drawing a walk requires the pitcher to throw at least 4 pitches, and the more fatigued a pitcher gets the more likely he is to give up big hits. Plus, being ahead in the count gives you more to hit.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the easy prediction is no playoffs, but my bold prediction is the way the team is constructed is almost guaranteed they will rip off a winning streak or going like 15 for 20. I just hope Jack cares about getting a job in baseball again and at the deadline makes sells some guys.