• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predicting the remainder of this season

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reminds me so much of 2008 and 2010 when thee Marinerss were coming off of unexpectedly above .500 seasons in 2007 and 2009, and hopes were flying high.

Second time in the last three starts that Felix has gotten his ass handed to him. I'm starting to wonder if maybe he was with Bruce Jenner when Jenner got his dick cut off.

At any rate, I think this is the official beginning of Heads Starting To Roll season in Seattle. GM Jack Z just signed a contract extension so he's probably safe for the time being. Lloyd McClendon has only been the manager for about 220 games so you have to figure he is probably safe for the time being too. But the team still needs a scapregoat.

The immediate scape goats are hitting coach Howard Johnson and Robbie Cano. Johnson will fired before the end of June and the local media will start an immediate anti-Cano campaign.

By the end of June the Mariners are in full blown dysfunction with a lackadasial clubhouse. Robbie Cano will have become disgruntled (if he isn't already as some NY-based sites are reporting) and will be looking for a way out.

Starting in July, the marketable veterans will be traded off to strip payroll. First to go are Charlie Furbush, Seth Smith, Tom Wilhelmsen and JA Happ. After that players that have no future on the team, and can't be traded, are DFAed. This is also the time when Ackley will heat up - when it is too late to matter.

Toward the end of August, with the kids in Tacoma on the verge of being called up, McClendon will be fired so that the rookies won't be able to create a bond with him.

GM Jack Z will finally be fired shortly after the conclusion of the World Series.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost comedic how quickly this team went from a trendy WS pick to looking like one of the biggest shit shows in baseball.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost comedic how quickly this team went from a trendy WS pick to looking like one of the biggest shit shows in baseball.
Well, I hate to sound like a broken record, but a few of us saw this coming back in February. Maybe not to this extent, but we knew this was no pennant contender.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've reached the point where I have little faith that Robinson Cano will adjust. This season is lost for him. He could very well rebound next year, and I'd be surprised if he doesn't, but at first it was bad luck now it's clear it's all mental. He's only getting worse now that he's frustrated.

The coaching by the Mariners has been laughable. It doesn't take an expert to figure out what is wrong with Robbie's approach.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I hate to sound like a broken record, but a few of us saw this coming back in February. Maybe not to this extent, but we knew this was no pennant contender.

I made a thread back around then mentioning that the Mariners do have a lot of question marks throughout their roster, but ironically the pieces I didn't expect to implode (Cano, Iwakuma, etc.) were the parts that have been a disaster so far.

There is no getting around the fact that the Mariners have the talent on their roster to go to the playoffs. Things are just not going right.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs lost 16 more games than they won last year. They hire a W.S. manager a year after hiring a W.S. GM and are now 5 games above .500.

You get what you gay for.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reminds me so much of 2008 and 2010 when thee Marinerss were coming off of unexpectedly above .500 seasons in 2007 and 2009, and hopes were flying high.

Second time in the last three starts that Felix has gotten his ass handed to him. I'm starting to wonder if maybe he was with Bruce Jenner when Jenner got his dick cut off.

At any rate, I think this is the official beginning of Heads Starting To Roll season in Seattle. GM Jack Z just signed a contract extension so he's probably safe for the time being. Lloyd McClendon has only been the manager for about 220 games so you have to figure he is probably safe for the time being too. But the team still needs a scapregoat.

The immediate scape goats are hitting coach Howard Johnson and Robbie Cano. Johnson will fired before the end of June and the local media will start an immediate anti-Cano campaign.

By the end of June the Mariners are in full blown dysfunction with a lackadasial clubhouse. Robbie Cano will have become disgruntled (if he isn't already as some NY-based sites are reporting) and will be looking for a way out.

Starting in July, the marketable veterans will be traded off to strip payroll. First to go are Charlie Furbush, Seth Smith, Tom Wilhelmsen and JA Happ. After that players that have no future on the team, and can't be traded, are DFAed. This is also the time when Ackley will heat up - when it is too late to matter.

Toward the end of August, with the kids in Tacoma on the verge of being called up, McClendon will be fired so that the rookies won't be able to create a bond with him.

GM Jack Z will finally be fired shortly after the conclusion of the World Series.

"Thee" Mariners? If nothing else, I appreciate ye olde English.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot of the Mariners' fans that I heard from were not thrilled with the prospect of being the "favorites" for once. There is still a lot of talent on this roster. Felix had to cool off at some point. There is plenty of time to make a run....

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of the Mariners' fans that I heard from were not thrilled with the prospect of being the "favorites" for once. There is still a lot of talent on this roster. Felix had to cool off at some point. There is plenty of time to make a run....

You call that a cool off? LOL!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team was put together poorly from the get go, but a problem they have is no having a true leader, Felix is a leader per say but noone else has his passion (on the field) so they don't get fired up. Cano nor Cruz have ever been leaders, this is where a team like this would need a veteran leader on the bench but instead they got Rickie Weeks and went with a platoon. There is no leadership to call a "team meeting" Lloyd is the most confusing coach with his politics he brings in the clubhouse so a closed door meeting. An absentee leader with the front office, a confirmed liar as a GM so there isn't anyone to make the players accountable or light a fire. Firing Howard is just a scapegoat move but outside of hiring Jay Z I don't see any coach that they could bring in to get through to Cano and to make him care about his profession.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK. Maybe more of an over-correction the other way, but it was going to happen. As long as Felix is healthy, you know what you have with him. He's going to get lit up now and then. Happens to all of them.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about Felix. I'm worried about a team built by a moron who doesn't value a OBP or defense. Not to mention his offense can't hit beach balls with tennis rackets most nights

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about Felix. I'm worried about a team built by a moron who doesn't value a OBP or defense. Not to mention his offense can't hit beach balls with tennis rackets most nights

I agree, but when a team is at its payroll limit as reported, like every year even though Jack always denies it but then months later confirms those reports were true though he does it indirectly like he did again this year, you can't have a $24M player who plays in 33 games per year. It just doesn't work unless you have the Cardinals farm system which we obviously don't.

And a $24M SP better be pitching lights out in big games and not just in games that don't matter which a lot of his games are because they are always out of it. Felix is a great pitcher no doubt, but we would dish crap on any other of the players in uniform who doesn't perform when it is most counts.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea the idea was obviously to build around Felix. Like you pointed in a previous thread he botched the opportunity to sell guys like Beltre and branyan. The main building blocks were Ackley, Smoak and Montero and all were colossal misses. I just fear now we are at the point where the FO will refuse to sell to save face or Jack will be allowed one more panic move like Bavasi was.

Either way it's bad or I guess reality for a mariner fan

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prediction? Okay...

May they never fill another seat in Safeco. Not until the front office gets the hint and finally does something to get this team moving in the right direction. Screw the idea of filling seats, if you don't have successful product, you aren't going to fill seats! SIMPLE FUCKING EQUATION!

This is what happens when you have higher-ups who don't care about performance, who are content with losers and quitters, and whatever the hell happened with Felix today is the LAST STRAW.

Shred your schedules, people; like it or not, this season ended NOW.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry about Chapee. He and I go back a ways. He LIVES forr the 'opportunity' to correct me. Otherwise, he is a pussy little California **** who couldn't find his way out of a wet paper feminine napkin retainer.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody's job is safe.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd just like to take this opportunity to point out that I both correctly predicted HoJo's firing and the time frame in which it would happen. Not that it was all Miss Cleo-ish in terms of a great prediction. On the contrary, it was inevitable, was it not?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd just like to take this opportunity to point out that I both correctly predicted HoJo's firing and the time frame in which it would happen. Not that it was all Miss Cleo-ish in terms of a great prediction. On the contrary, it was inevitable, was it not?

To be fair, you predicted this yesterday....lol.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've reached the point where I have little faith that Robinson Cano will adjust. This season is lost for him. He could very well rebound next year, and I'd be surprised if he doesn't, but at first it was bad luck now it's clear it's all mental. He's only getting worse now that he's frustrated.

The coaching by the Mariners has been laughable. It doesn't take an expert to figure out what is wrong with Robbie's approach.

If anyone can help it's Edgar... That was a good pick-up...