• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict your team's breakout players for the upcoming season.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense: Going with Theo Wease. Former 5 star WR, and with Lamb gone, Hasslewood, Bridges, and the UCLA transfer out for a while, somebody has to pick up the slack at the position. Big, strong target who made a few impressive plays his freshman season.

Defense: Going with Dashaun White. Nobody will be able to just step in and do what K9 could do physically at MLB, but White does have some good experience and looks in line to replace Murray at the Mike linebacker position. Not your prototypical size probably but plenty athletic for the job.

How about you guys?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akron Zips- long snapper & the guy that holds the ball for FG's and PAT's.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense: Bryce Young, John Metchie, Trey Sanders

Defense: Jordan Battle and Christian Harris

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with.

Offense

Tejan Bridges. If he learns to block, he'll be an every down WR

Defense

DE Perkins. He'll miss a few games but even last year with Murray. Perkins was and is the best player on defense. He's the next OU, 1st round defensive player in the NFL draft.

This is more hope but I'm ready for Kelley, to live up to his 5 star talent. I think he's now in the right situation to thrive.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense: Going with Theo Wease. Former 5 star WR, and with Lamb gone, Hasslewood, Bridges, and the UCLA transfer out for a while, somebody has to pick up the slack at the position. Big, strong target who made a few impressive plays his freshman season.

Defense: Going with Dashaun White. Nobody will be able to just step in and do what K9 could do physically at MLB, but White does have some good experience and looks in line to replace Murray at the Mike linebacker position. Not your prototypical size probably but plenty athletic for the job.

How about you guys?

Offense: Love the Wease pick. Kid is elite. Some are saying Rambo will be WR1 but Rattler and Wease already have a connection and Wease is a far more complete receiver. Another name I’ll throw out there is Austin Stogner. Guy is a matchup nightmare that could exceed Mark Andrews level.

FYI Theo Howard will be good to go at the beginning of the season. Just not sure how effective he’ll be.

Defense: I’m going to go with David Ugowebu at the Rush end. Freaky, twitch, long kid with a great first step. Could be a nightmare for opposing tackles if he had been able to add good weight. One other possible name is Woodi Washington. Would be huge if he could take over a safety position from Pat Fields.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas:

Defense:
Ossai: you got a glimpse of what he can do when used properly in the Bowl game vs Utah.

Offense:
Eagles: NFL body and talent. Someone has to move into the WR1 spot, this is his chance to cash in.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with.

Offense

Tejan Bridges. If he learns to block, he'll be an every down WR

Defense

DE Perkins. He'll miss a few games but even last year with Murray. Perkins was and is the best player on defense. He's the next OU, 1st round defensive player in the NFL draft.

This is more hope but I'm ready for Kelley, to live up to his 5 star talent. I think he's now in the right situation to thrive.

God damnit... do you know anything about this team? Bridges is suspended for the first five games and Perkins is not a first round talent and he’s already “broken out”. :L

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On offense I’ll go with the second year QB Hank Bachmeier. He’s tough as nails but needs to understand his value to the team and get the ball out quicker as well as slide/run out of bounds when necessary. The tough guy mentally cost him six games last season and as a result our third string QB was basically the MVP on offense who carried us to the finish line. He was lights out. Bachmeier has all the tools to be great though. He needs to stay healthy and continue to improve.

On defense I think sophomore DE Demitri Washington is ready to bust. He has nice size and tremendous burst. Great athlete who closed the season like a house on fire when he was finally able to start cracking the line up. We’ll need him too. Boise lost every starting D lineman to either graduation or early entry into the NFL.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense: Thibodeaux
Offense: Devon Williams

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damnit... do you know anything about this team? Bridges is suspended for the first five games and Perkins is not a first round talent and he’s already “broken out”. :L

In his defense Trejan is a really good player, from the shoulders down. If he ever gets his head straightened out, he will be a beast

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction is there won't be a season, hope I'm wrong.

If there is a season:

Zamir White on offense
Travon Walker on defense

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his defense Trejan is a really good player, from the shoulders down. If he ever gets his head straightened out, he will be a beast

Oh I agree. He’s just not gonna be the breakout player this year missing half the season while Rattler and Wease get that connection going.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree. He’s just not gonna be the breakout player this year missing half the season while Rattler and Wease get that connection going.

and I’d take the Perkins in the 1st round bet. 6’3” DL that hasn’t been a pass rush demon isn’t going 1st round, unless the production vastly improves

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I’d take the Perkins in the 1st round bet. 6’3” DL that hasn’t been a pass rush demon isn’t going 1st round, unless the production vastly improves

Our fan base highly over values Perkins and I say that as a big fan of the kid. He is an NFL talent but like you said, doesn’t have the measurables expected of a first round DE. Can’t tell if it’s just homerism or if it’s been so long since we had DL capable of consistent production that their perceptions are skewed. If Redmond takes another step forward he could end up in that conversation, but because of our lack of quality DL we have to play him inside, so without DE tape that may be a reach.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Forgot about his suspension. Like I said if he can learn to block, he will get on a lot of ESPN highlights. Perkins is the most talented defensive player, OU has had in years. His size might hold him back but not his talent.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about his suspension. Like I said if he can learn to block, he will get on a lot of ESPN highlights. Perkins is the most talented defensive player, OU has had in years. His size might hold him back but not his talent.

No he’s not. Redmond has the highest ceiling of anyone in our front 7.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas:

Defense:
Ossai: you got a glimpse of what he can do when used properly in the Bowl game vs Utah.

Offense:
Eagles: NFL body and talent. Someone has to move into the WR1 spot, this is his chance to cash in.

I agree about Ossai however on offense.. Whittington is going to EMERGE after missing last season due to his groin injury. Think Yurcich will eventually have him, Smith and Eagles as his WR unit.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On offense I’ll go with the second year QB Hank Bachmeier. He’s tough as nails but needs to understand his value to the team and get the ball out quicker as well as slide/run out of bounds when necessary. The tough guy mentally cost him six games last season and as a result our third string QB was basically the MVP on offense who carried us to the finish line. He was lights out. Bachmeier has all the tools to be great though. He needs to stay healthy and continue to improve.

On defense I think sophomore DE Demitri Washington is ready to bust. He has nice size and tremendous burst. Great athlete who closed the season like a house on fire when he was finally able to start cracking the line up. We’ll need him too. Boise lost every starting D lineman to either graduation or early entry into the NFL.

I thought Hank was pretty impressive in the games I watched that he played last year, but you're right, can't play if you're not on the field.