• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict Seahawks record

Predict the Seahawks record

• Total voters

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Dallas is going to do anything but they could win 5 games maybe max 8, that team will regress this season and Dak is broken.
Agreed about Dak being broken... I see them 8-9 or 9-8 type of a team...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's too bad because he's a likeable guy, imo...

Dak is not a bad QB but he is stuck in Dallas and with out a top of the line coach like top 3 in the NFL type they wont do anything. Jones wont hire one of those coaches because He wants a yes man, so as long as Jones wants to have input ( and he always wants the final say ) they will be in that 7-10 to10-7 range every year with a early playoff exit if they make it to the playoffs and Dak will be the one that gets thrown under the bus.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now I see a 10-7 team. It's a young team so growing pains are going to happen and the schedule seems tough.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'll go 10 - 7 obviously barring injuries.

Felt like you guys overachieved a bit last season so while you're a better team than last year I think your record this upcoming year will more reflect your talent which is why I don't see a massive change in wins.

When you look at your record last season you fell off pretty hard at the end and only 3 teams you beat had winning records so for 2023 I think you'll have more wins against winning teams and you'll be more consistent throughout the season.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the goal would most definitely be 11 wins which I think is attainable. We had a young core team last year and as Sophomores I would imagine a betterment of 2 more wins is my prediction.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the goal would most definitely be 11 wins which I think is attainable. We had a young core team last year and as Sophomores I would imagine a betterment of 2 more wins is my prediction.

I think a lot will come down to health and if Geno can duplicate. Teams obviously have a full season's worth of tape on him playing at that level now, so it's easier to pick apart his deficiencies prior to games.

That said, OL/WR/RB should all be better. TE the same, QB the same. Defense the front 7 will be about the same, but the secondary is improved if Adams plays and Love can play nickel.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go 10 - 7 obviously barring injuries.

Felt like you guys overachieved a bit last season so while you're a better team than last year I think your record this upcoming year will more reflect your talent which is why I don't see a massive change in wins.

When you look at your record last season you fell off pretty hard at the end and only 3 teams you beat had winning records so for 2023 I think you'll have more wins against winning teams and you'll be more consistent throughout the season.

You are 100% correct about overachieving and they overachieved because Geno had some CRAZY luck. I think they will be better this year and come in with 1 more win also. They will be more than 1 win better than the 2022 team but that 2022 team shouldn't have been above .500.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why people think we were lucky to be over .500 in 2022... Yeah, they overachieved in a lot of eyes due to their low expectations to begin the year... And Yeah, I can understand if they think it was mainly due to how bad our defense was but we were very competitive in almost every game...

4 of our 9 wins were w/in 1 score... 5 wins were won by 10+ points...

6 of our 8 losses were by 1 score... (KC beat us by 14 and SF beat us by 20)

If someone shared those stats with you, you'd think they were unfortunate to have not been better than 9-8...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why people think we were lucky to be over .500 in 2022... Yeah, they overachieved in a lot of eyes due to their low expectations to begin the year... And Yeah, I can understand if they think it was mainly due to how bad our defense was but we were very competitive in almost every game...

4 of our 9 wins were w/in 1 score... 5 wins were won by 10+ points...

6 of our 8 losses were by 1 score... (KC beat us by 14 and SF beat us by 20)

If someone shared those stats with you, you'd think they were unfortunate to have not been better than 9-8...

They also lost 4 games to teams with 10 or more losses and only played 4 games against teams with 10 or more wins (1-3). Pretty much everything points to the Seahawks being a middle of the road team - and that's with the perception of them overachieving. If not for expanded playoffs - they wouldn't have made it.

Expectations for the team last year were so low that there were more estimates of the Broncos record than there were of the Seahawks record for 2022. Really, expectations were so low that there's entire thread celebrating Seattle in first place before they took the field in week 1 because all the NFC West teams lost before Seattle played. So, yes. Very few thought Seattle would be very good in 2022.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also lost 4 games to teams with 10 or more losses and only played 4 games against teams with 10 or more wins (1-3). Pretty much everything points to the Seahawks being a middle of the road team - and that's with the perception of them overachieving. If not for expanded playoffs - they wouldn't have made it.

Expectations for the team last year were so low that there were more estimates of the Broncos record than there were of the Seahawks record for 2022. Really, expectations were so low that there's entire thread celebrating Seattle in first place before they took the field in week 1 because all the NFC West teams lost before Seattle played. So, yes. Very few thought Seattle would be very good in 2022.

I understand that... I didn't agree with the, "The 2022 team shouldn't have been over .500" due to luck statement... You could argue that luck wasn't on there side with the 6 of 8 losses being by 1 score...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that... I didn't agree with the, "The 2022 team shouldn't have been over .500" due to luck statement... You could argue that luck wasn't on there side with the 6 of 8 losses being by 1 score...

Or they were lucky that they weren't 5-12. Heck, even 3 of those losses were only 1 score because Seattle scored within the last 4 minutes to close the game to 1 score (including a 16 seconds left TD to cut the lead against Carolina).

Honestly, Seattle performed exactly like a 9-8 team last year. Won some games they probably didn't deserve and lost some that they probably should've won. They were young and inconsistent, and I hope there's more consistency with a year of experience under the belt of last year's rookies while weathering the growing pains of this year's rookies.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-1 in division
6-5 outside
11-6 would be splendid.

I think that's fairly reasonable. Zona is going to be horrible, the Rams should be better if healthy but they're just old... Ramsey is gone and I don't see how they're going to cover all of Seattle's weapons even remotely close.

The 9ers a split is hopeful. They have IMO the best front 7 in the league... they'll be able to shut down Walker and force some crappy throws from Geno. Seattle went ALL in this year on pass rush (bought one from Denver, Reed is more a pass rusher than run stuffer, Hall is a pure pass rusher, lol) so I don't see Purdy or Lance or whoever doing much, but the 9ers run the ball VERY well and don't rely on elaborate pass setups (very quick/short throws)... they'll score at will on us.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say from an outside perspective some of the luck comes from Geno Smith playing out of his mind and having some luck bounce his way this past season. I'm not sure many believe that Geno can replicate what he did last year and will go back more towards his norm of his career. IF he does that then Seattle will struggle to reach .500. He did have the 2nd most turnover worthy throws last season. So let's say instead of only throwing 11 INT's like last year we jump that up to 17. How does that change the season?

Overall Seattle has a nice roster but with the NFL based so much on how good or bad the QB play is for a team it is tough to figure out where a team like Seattle falls when Geno has shown so much bad football throughout his career.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voted 9-8. Some dangerous throws went his way last year. Wouldn't be surprised @ 11-6 if things go well.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-1 in division
6-5 outside
11-6 would be splendid.
I think it will be tough to do better than 3-3 in the division. Seems like a stretch to beat SF right now, and I really doubt we sweep the Rams again.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be tough to do better than 3-3 in the division. Seems like a stretch to beat SF right now, and I really doubt we sweep the Rams again.

I think the Hawks steal one from the 49ers this season but I also think the Rams will be better than they were last year, They had a lot of injuries. I believe the offense will be better in every aspect except Geno's play. Geno will not be anywhere near how he started last season, more like how he finished so that's a little drop off. I'm expecting around 63%-65% comp 25TD 14 INT 6-8 fumbles to go with 3700-3900 yards. I believe the Hawks will run the ball also at a higher rate than they did in 2022. Defense will be better just because I don't think they can get worse.