• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

pray for michigan.....

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you're only asked to throw it like 25 times a game, missing wide open throws 5 times a game is a lot. If he were chucking it 40-45 times a game it would be more excusable.
It's a lot, but very correctable as he and the receivers figure things out

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a lot, but very correctable as he and the receivers figure things out

For sure it's correctable, but it could come back to bite them when they start playing teams that can score on the Michigan defense. Not that teams will score a lot of Michigan, but teams like Purdue, PSU, Michigan State, Maryland, Wisconsin and Ohio State can offer up those challenges, that so far the teams on the schedule haven't been able to do.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Gators have to improve on offense, before you can even mention them winning the East.

I'm not sure you need much of an offense this year to win the East. It's not like the other teams are blowing it up offensively. (at least the few games I've seen from the SEC EAST: UGA v ND, Tenn v Florida, Tenn v GT, Florida v Mich)

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not feeling as good about Speight as I was heading into the season, but it's not just him. Their receivers are very inexperienced and the right side of the OL has been a mess. I'm not very worried about Purdue's defense, but the offense could be another story. Purdue could be very scary in a few years.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not feeling as good about Speight as I was heading into the season, but it's not just him. Their receivers are very inexperienced and the right side of the OL has been a mess. I'm not very worried about Purdue's defense, but the offense could be another story. Purdue could be very scary in a few years.
The WRs definitely need to get better and that included Black before he got injured.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WRs definitely need to get better and that included Black before he got injured.

Yeah, the Black injury really sucks. He's looked the most polished of all the receivers so far.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure you need much of an offense this year to win the East. It's not like the other teams are blowing it up offensively. (at least the few games I've seen from the SEC EAST: UGA v ND, Tenn v Florida, Tenn v GT, Florida v Mich)
I like the Bulldogs in the SEC East this season. Vandy as a longshot.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys can't beat Purdue, it's time to join the MAC.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's that point in every season when teams true strength gets shown or exposed.

I never thought this UofM team was a top 10 team. They lost too much talent and their replacements were young. That win against Florida was nice but Florida looks like an 8-4 team.

With that being said....

UofM will have a tough time at Purdue. But I do like what they have done so far. They played a traditional power in Florida and a solid team in Air Force as well as a Bearcat team that was far from MAC type also rans. Those wins will ultimately help that UofM youth get up to speed. Were as I still don't know what type of team Penn State has as they played nobody.

When you take on the Florida's and Oklahoma's as the Buckeyes did of college football you take a risk but when you win you show you can get punched in the mouth and fight back. Or loose and learn what you need to do to play with the top 10 teams.

I like Michigan at Purdue more than Penn State at Iowa just because they have been tested.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean this as an insult, but this is just the classic stereotypical uninformed fan opinion. The very first thing people call for is a change at QB when the offense isn't working, despite the fact that Speight did OK last weekend. Speight isn't the one to blame when we're in the red zone and on third and 8 we call a running play for 0 yards. He's not to blame for Isaac getting hit immediately in the backfield on another play. If you remove 1 play from Isaac's permanence last weekend, his YPC were terrible. It's because the playcalling was bad, the line was bad and the runningbacks were bad. Speight did just fine.
He sucks.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be a big surprise if Michigan loses to Purdue. We've been less-than-impressive for two weeks in a row.

#Speightersgonnaspeight

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be a big surprise if Michigan loses to Purdue. We've been less-than-impressive for two weeks in a row.

#Speightersgonnaspeight

While what you say is true--Michigan's offense has been less than impressive the last couple of weeks, let's not overlook the fact that they managed to win the games. Struggle often makes teams better in the long run--at least they're not reading favorable press clippings and banking on them. Michigan will be ready for the Purdue "Spoilermakers" today. I'm convinced that much of the poor play has been more of a coaching/play-calling problem and a function of inexperience. I trust that Harbaugh has an answer for that, and we'll see the improvement we've all been wanting to see today. So. . . Go Blue!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Black injury really sucks. He's looked the most polished of all the receivers so far.

Losong Black hurts, but I think it could be a blessing in disguise, as DPJ has looked like the more explosive player and it will give him much needed experience.

The guy that is healthy now and I think could help is Oliver Martin. Not often you see a white WR with 4.5 speed and a 42" vertical. They also said his best attributes are his hands and route running. I think he could surprise some people once he settles in and earns the QB's trust.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jimmy needs your prayers now more than ever....oh the facilities, oh the horror!!

Harbaugh upset with QB hit, Purdue facilities
I didn't see the "acceleration" after he was on the ground but Harbaugh should be happy that it is is now out of his hands to start someone other than Speight so they can have something that resembles an offense.

Yes I know Michigan State's offense sucks but it has nothing to do with this conversation.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pray Michigan has comfortable locker rooms on the road so Harbaugh doesn't get his feelings hurt.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pray Michigan has comfortable locker rooms on the road so Harbaugh doesn't get his feelings hurt.

I think it was more the lack of an x-ray machine or a table where an injured player could be properly examined.

They had to put Speight in a minivan and drive him to get x-rays off campus. Then where they got the x-rays, they didn't have the medical equipment necessary for his injury.

It has more to do with player safety than comfort.