• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

pray for michigan.....

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pray for Michigan?
giphy.gif

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bench Speight, win ten games.

It's that simple.

That defense is legit.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out Wolvies...the train is gettin' ready to roll.

durango.gif

Last edited:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bench Speight, win ten games.

It's that simple.

That defense is legit.
I don't mean this as an insult, but this is just the classic stereotypical uninformed fan opinion. The very first thing people call for is a change at QB when the offense isn't working, despite the fact that Speight did OK last weekend. Speight isn't the one to blame when we're in the red zone and on third and 8 we call a running play for 0 yards. He's not to blame for Isaac getting hit immediately in the backfield on another play. If you remove 1 play from Isaac's permanence last weekend, his YPC were terrible. It's because the playcalling was bad, the line was bad and the runningbacks were bad. Speight did just fine.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't mind the cocksucker that facepalmed you.
I just looked at the stats. If you remove two plays Isaac had that went for 38 and 26 yards, he average 2.2 YPC on his other 14 carries. But, yeah, Speight is the problem.....The simple fact fans dont' want to admit -- no matter what Speight does, good or bad, we aren't going to win big games if our OL and RBs can't rush for 3-4 actual yards per carry, and not an averaged stat that makes it look better than it is.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked at the stats. If you remove two plays Isaac had that went for 38 and 26 yards, he average 2.2 YPC on his other 14 carries. But, yeah, Speight is the problem.....The simple fact fans dont' want to admit -- no matter what Speight does, good or bad, we aren't going to win big games if our OL and RBs can't rush for 3-4 actual yards per carry, and not an averaged stat that makes it look better than it is.

The offensive side of the ball has more issues than Speight, but it's not like he's gotten better. He actually looks like he's regressed some. At least last year he was performing good against the bad teams, this year he hasn't even been average against the bad teams. He's missed a ton of throws already this year.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offensive side of the ball has more issues than Speight, but it's not like he's gotten better. He actually looks like he's regressed some. At least last year he was performing good against the bad teams, this year he hasn't even been average against the bad teams. He's missed a ton of throws already this year.
I think some of that is the timing lost with his receivers and the protection (or lack of it) he's getting from the right side of the line. He's more rushed this year, and has a bunch of freshman + Grant Perry to throw to and very little running game. Hard for a QB to succeed under those circumstances. Protection needs to increase, the run game needs to do better and along with that, Speight should start to complete more passes.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of that is the timing lost with his receivers and the protection (or lack of it) he's getting from the right side of the line. He's more rushed this year, and has a bunch of freshman + Grant Perry to throw to and very little running game. Hard for a QB to succeed under those circumstances. Protection needs to increase, the run game needs to do better and along with that, Speight should start to complete more passes.
Wait, Grant Perry is playing? I thought you said he wouldn't see the field again for Michigan?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, Grant Perry is playing? I thought you said he wouldn't see the field again for Michigan?
I said nothing of the sort. I said he wasn't our leading receiver. Which has proved 100% true.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get all of those issues, but he's still missed a lot of throws. Like wide open throws, where he's had time and the timing excuse with the receivers at that point is a lame one.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get all of those issues, but he's still missed a lot of throws. Like wide open throws, where he's had time and the timing excuse with the receivers at that point is a lame one.
He's missed some throws....but to that point -- how many has it truly been? Some are to be expected by any QB. Is it that he's missing guys when they're wide open that people are more sensitive to it? Quite honestly, I'd be shocked if he badly missed guys more than 5 throws per game so far. But as you've mentioned, there have been some high-profile misses when guys are wide open and cost us a TD.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's missed some throws....but to that point -- how many has it truly been? Some are to be expected by any QB. Is it that he's missing guys when they're wide open that people are more sensitive to it? Quite honestly, I'd be shocked if he badly missed guys more than 5 throws per game so far. But as you've mentioned, there have been some high-profile misses when guys are wide open and cost us a TD.

When you're only asked to throw it like 25 times a game, missing wide open throws 5 times a game is a lot. If he were chucking it 40-45 times a game it would be more excusable.