• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Power 5 Conference Testicle Check

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what i am hearing you say is you are worried your precious SEC would be exposed by playing more conference games?

It's obviously the reason Alabama has had success. No doubt we'd have never won a national championship if we had 9 SEC games.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the SEC was so damned good, why is their collective conference-game record no better than any other conference? (including FCS conferences, I might add.)

You guys gotta make up your mind. Either the SEC is awesome and going to 9 games is something teams are scared of and will make the SoS much harder, or the SEC sucks and going to 9 games would make things easier.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys gotta make up your mind. Either the SEC is awesome and going to 9 games is something teams are scared of and will make the SoS much harder, or the SEC sucks and going to 9 games would make things easier.
Actually, going to 9 games would give the conference 9 losses over what they have now - guarenteed. It would also not alter they record in conference games in any season.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, going to 9 games would give the conference 9 losses over what they have now - guarenteed. It would also not alter they record in conference games in any season.
7 more losses.... point is valid otherwise.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get it, but I don't use win% SoS metrics.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you suggesting that winning your games is less important than who you play?

No, I'm suggesting that win% based SoS metrics are flawed.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington had zero meaningful games in September.........I'll take our way over that

taupride97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, he wouldn't be stupid enough to be talking about TTU just because we have been having some down years with mediocre-to-bad coaches. We have over a million in our fan base nationally which puts us at #3 or #4 in the B12, right around the same as WVU, and ranked #33 nationally.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, he wouldn't be stupid enough to be talking about TTU just because we have been having some down years with mediocre-to-bad coaches. We have over a million in our fan base nationally which puts us at #3 or #4 in the B12, right around the same as WVU, and ranked #33 nationally.
You have to understand that some of these people have had years of ESP1N brainwashing.

Kelsen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,083.52
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, so you're one of those who believe that one post-season game defines a team.

Sorry ... carry on.

That's actually not fair.

AG is one of those who believes whatever suits him. Sometimes he just makes facts up; in this thread, he has a fact (about the number of in-conference games), and he makes up conclusions. Sometimes he simply ignores whatever suits him. In this thread, someone asked him to clarify one of his conclusions over and over; he refused without saying he was refusing - passive-aggressiveness. He just kept saying something along the lines of, "I can't believe you don't already know the answer."

One more thing; reality has never been a hindrance for AG when he has a conclusion to reach; if actual information conforms to his conclusion, and he becomes aware of it, he will use it. If actual information refutes his conclusion, he will ignore it. If it is brought to the table and he can't ignore it, he will repudiate it. He starts with the conclusion he wants, based on his feelings, and does whatever he feels like to support that conclusion.

And he never stops, and he never lets facts cause him to give up.

After a few years, you realize that it's a lot easier and more peaceful to put him on ignore. That's not a perfect solution, because there are still a lot of people who reply to him, which can make following a thread difficult. But it works better than reading what he says, and infinitely better than fruitlessly arguing with him. From time to time, I take AG off ignore, but he invariably (so far) shows, as in this thread, why it's still the best solution.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
I've decided not to have kids. The kids are taking it pretty hard.