• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Potential OC Candidates?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be too surprised KSU if they promote either Frank Cignetti Jr. or Ray Sherman.
nod.gif

Would not be upset by that at all really...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want JH to come to the Rams and try to revive the spread Offense in the NFC west? :L

Sam wouldn't make it past week 1. He'd be dead.
FIFY but still :agree:

They will stay with an individual who is a run first, control the clock type of OC play caller.

That is why I believe we will see a promotion of either of the gents I previously mentioned.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean hell if anything we should probably bring in JH as a QB, not the OC.

:lol:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean hell if anything we should probably bring in JH as a QB, not the OC.

You might have the best idea SJ. Heupel could get his feet wet in the NFL as the Rams QB coach. Maybe I am bit too overzealous with the Heupel Hype!! LOL

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, guys, guys..... first of all. The only one of those guys who is NOT already an OC at the moment is Trestman. All the rest of the those guys have jobs (in better spots). Quinn is not leaving Seattle unless it is for a HC job. Same for Roman. You are dreaming if you think you can get any of those guys except Trestman.

The guy I am almost 100% sure will be named the new OC of the Rams within the next 10 days will be Josh Heupel. He was the OC for the University of Oklahoma for the last 5 years. Up until this year, he has led at top 10 offense in the NCAA as OC. More importantly, he was Sam Bradford QUARTERBACKS COACH at OU!!! On top of that, he mutually parted with OU just yesterday to "pursue other options" BOOK IT!!

Roman could be available, depending what the incoming head coach for the Niners does with his staff. That said, he's not an interesting candidate to me.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want JH to come to the Rams and try to revive Samantha's spread Offense in the NFC west? :L

He's not going to implement anything without Fisher's approval. Perhaps some of that aggressive offense would leak through the Fisher filter though.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hows about bringing in Philip Montgomery and then drafting Bryce Petty?

I know it doesn't fit well with Fisher's run first plan but it could get very interesting if Jeff decided to go outside the box!

Hell trading for RGIII for dimes on the dollar might even make sense in this scenario.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linehan said he will come but only if he can bring Spags. Its a twofer.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Kyle Shannahan is now on the market.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't have to negotiate with the Rams if he wants to leave. They would have to pay him the 14 million this year to keep him which I don't see. or cut him. Then he can sign with anyone.

I guess if that happens you'll be becoming a Buffalo Bills fan then eh? :whistle::rollseyes::hammer::lol:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want JH to come to the Rams and try to revive Samantha's spread Offense in the NFC west? :L

Agreed. we need to pound the ball wear down the defenses to set up the pass

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting bit of news surfaced here in Phoenix. Collin Kaepernick has come into town a couple of weeks early (the superbowl is here this year) and folks wondered why. Well... ...he is going to work-out with none other than Kurt Warner to improve his QB skills especially passing and release. Could this be the beginning of Warner's coaching career? I suggested a year ago that Warner would make a great QB coach. If Fisher had any brains between his ears, he'd get a hold of Warner and bring Warner in as a QB coach for Sammie no matter who the OC will be. Interesting though.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting bit of news surfaced here in Phoenix. Collin Kaepernick has come into town a couple of weeks early (the superbowl is here this year) and folks wondered why. Well... ...he is going to work-out with none other than Kurt Warner to improve his QB skills especially passing and release. Could this be the beginning of Warner's coaching career? I suggested a year ago that Warner would make a great QB coach. If Fisher had any brains between his ears, he'd get a hold of Warner and bring Warner in as a QB coach for Sammie no matter who the OC will be. Interesting though.

Yeah I heard about this. They can bring him in as Head coach works for me.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Warner has more fun passing on wisdom to 1 person in the offseason than he would to a team during the season. He's got plenty of money too i'm sure.. I would love to have #13 as a QB coach, but I doubt it happens.

I would love to see Warner as an OC to be honest.

We have a big problem right now in the NFL with so many good minds in the broadcast booth and they are ok with that. The grind of coaching in the NFL and pressure is not worth it to these guys who have already made millions and won championships.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Warner has more fun passing on wisdom to 1 person in the offseason than he would to a team during the season. He's got plenty of money too i'm sure.. I would love to have #13 as a QB coach, but I doubt it happens.

I would love to see Warner as an OC to be honest.

We have a big problem right now in the NFL with so many good minds in the broadcast booth and they are ok with that. The grind of coaching in the NFL and pressure is not worth it to these guys who have already made millions and won championships.

:10::agree:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hows about bringing in Philip Montgomery and then drafting Bryce Petty?

I know it doesn't fit well with Fisher's run first plan but it could get very interesting if Jeff decided to go outside the box!

Hell trading for RGIII for dimes on the dollar might even make sense in this scenario.
I know this sounds a bit of hyperbole but I'm serious.

The Skins would probably take a 3rd or maybe even a 4th for RGII and his contract isn't too high on the books. You could have Sam as your No. 1 & Robert as your No. 2 and Bryce as your No. 3.

We bring in Montgomery as the OC and reunite Robert and Bryce with an offense they are familiar and comfortable with.

Montgomery, with some success, would be on the fast track to an NFL HC job so it's a win/win.

Chip Kelly has proven this type of offensive scheme can be successful, IMO, in the NFL.

What do you guys think? :noidea:

Last edited by a moderator:

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with both SJ76 and Vita's posts.

Warner wants to stay in Arizona. He does plenty of spots for the NFL network from home. However, when the Rams do relocate to LA, I would attempt to bring him into the fold in an official capacity the way the Guggenheim Trust group brought in Magic for the Dodgers.

I'm all for beefing up the competition at QB - trades, draft, free agency. Let's do SOMETHING. Or it it just going to be more of the same.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 needs a serious attitude adjustment. I would rather have RG3 than Sam and I think we still need to bring in a rookie QB.