• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Potential 2016 Free Agents

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not expecting a huge free agency this year.... I think the offseason goes something like this...

1. Sign Bradford to a deal that could be structured several different ways but essentially be a two year deal at $17M per.
2. Extend Cox.
3. Trade Murray. His guaranteed salary makes it an interesting case. You basically get next to nothing for him, but relieve yourself of the salary. It may require a deal where a part of it gets converting to a roster bonus to make it palatable to the other team.
4. Extend Thurmond.
5. Got to take a look at high dollar veterans. Ryans and Peters come to mind as guys that may need to take a cut to stay with the team.
6. Look for value players only in FA. Depth at the right price.
7. Focus the draft on picking up three players.
(a) An offensive lineman.
(b) An Outside Linebacker.
(c) A Wide Receiver.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not expecting a huge free agency this year.... I think the offseason goes something like this...

1. Sign Bradford to a deal that could be structured several different ways but essentially be a two year deal at $17M per.
2. Extend Cox.
3. Trade Murray. His guaranteed salary makes it an interesting case. You basically get next to nothing for him, but relieve yourself of the salary. It may require a deal where a part of it gets converting to a roster bonus to make it palatable to the other team.
4. Extend Thurmond.
5. Got to take a look at high dollar veterans. Ryans and Peters come to mind as guys that may need to take a cut to stay with the team.
6. Look for value players only in FA. Depth at the right price.
7. Focus the draft on picking up three players.
(a) An offensive lineman.
(b) An Outside Linebacker.
(c) A Wide Receiver.

Good plan. Hope Chip and his advisor gets these things accomplished. Bill Polian to be hired as his advisor? Similar to Colangelo with the Sixers. Stay tuned!

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Murray can be a productive runner with the Eagles

Fix the O-line and that covers up a lot of stink

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good plan. Hope Chip and his advisor gets these things accomplished. Bill Polian to be hired as his advisor? Similar to Colangelo with the Sixers. Stay tuned!

Rumor out of Buffalo is that Polian may be joining the Bills staff for a 2nd tour of duty since his time during the early 90s.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy already did. I guess you forgot how he decimated the talent on D in Philadelphia before he left. It was unforgivable.

Explain yoself, fool...

Andy drafted the best player on this defense, BTW.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Reid got very stale here and the team quit on him. He had to go but he didn't do a whole lot wrong. Just one of those things.
Polian sucks btw.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain yoself, fool...

Andy drafted the best player on this defense, BTW.
Not according to Lurie.
Andy doesn't get credit for any drafts after 2011, when he relinquished control to Howie Roseman.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeMarco Murray simply does not fit Chip's playbook. He's a very good running back in a traditional system when you have some steam already built up at the handoff. We will trade him for peanuts and another team is going to reap the benefits. I honestly don't see any other way around it unless Chip gets fired which isn't happening. We will eat the remainder of the signing bonus and some team who doesn't run our read option will get him for a cool 7 mil per year and 7.5 for the following years. The Eagles will get back a 6th or 7th round pick ... cut your losses and move on.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeMarco Murray simply does not fit Chip's playbook. He's a very good running back in a traditional system when you have some steam already built up at the handoff. We will trade him for peanuts and another team is going to reap the benefits. I honestly don't see any other way around it unless Chip gets fired which isn't happening. We will eat the remainder of the signing bonus and some team who doesn't run our read option will get him for a cool 7 mil per year and 7.5 for the following years. The Eagles will get back a 6th or 7th round pick ... cut your losses and move on.
Exactly!