• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Up If Your Team Has a Higher SoS Than Ohio State

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HammerDown in another drunken spiral. Urbs is gone and now he is the best analyst on Fox and it’s getting to ole Hammer. Quit switching from liquor to beer, it’s fucking with your pea brain

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hammer has a never-ending boner for the Buckeyes, this goes back many years. figured that with urban gone, he'd at least have gone down to a semi-rager, but nope, still a raging hard-on for the Scarlet and Grey

I think it goes back to a Buckeye fan stealing his bike seat. He'd be much happier if he finally admitted to himself that he actually likes the modification.
giphy.gif

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What am I missing? Ohio State's opponents are 77-50 vs FBS excluding games against which is the third best opponents' win percentage.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Sagarin's SOS list....

S. Carolina had the hardest schedule.

Auburn had the second.

West Virginia had the 3rd.

and finally,

Texas comes in at 4th.

But what does it mean? What is this supposed to represent?

Are these numbers saying that these teams would have done better had they played another teams schedule?

LSU's SOS is 25th.

Would these 4 teams have fared better had they played LSU's schedule? That's what this matrix seems to be suggesting.

We beat Texas and Auburn. We also beat Florida and Bama.

I just don't believe South Carolina or West Virginia would have more wins had they played our schedule instead of their own.

I think had LSU played any one of these team's schedules, we would still be undefeated.

So what am I missing? What is so special about Sagarin's stupid SOS matrix? It makes little sense.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny because Vanderbilt doesn't have as good of a strength of schedule as Ohio State.
You just eclipsed the top 50 in the nation in SoS and, congratulations, you now have a tougher SoS than the Vanderbilt Commodores.

You guys don't need much of an excuse to celebrate, do you?

You just devastated your rival and you should be happy. past that? I just don't see much at all to get excited about for Ohio State fans.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just eclipsed the top 50 in the nation in SoS and, congratulations, you now have a tougher SoS than the Vanderbilt Commodores.

You just devastated your rival and you should be happy. past that? I just don't see much at all to get excited about for Ohio State fans.

guess all that's left for us poor ol' Buckeye fans is to just sit around, chew some gum and wallow in our own misery. sigh....

AdolescentLeafyIaerismetalmark-size_restricted.gif

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Present

...and I'm a Vanderbilt fan. :L

Everybody get in here and post up. This should about 90% of SportsHoopla.

Let's see. Ohio State played Cincinnati, Wisconsin, Penn State, and Michigan. All 4 were ranked in the top 25 and likely all will after the polls come out today. Not bad.

When you're Vanderbilt, everyone has a strength of schedule stronger than you. Congrats on another successful year.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well let's see. We just completed an undefeated regular season. OSU just beat its rival for the 8th straight time. We play for the Big 10 Championship next Saturday, and if we win (we will), the Buckeyes go to the playoffs.

Other than that, it was just another Saturday.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh's 0-5 now. Funny stuff. What's wrong in ann arbor? Have you blamed Hoke's recruits lately for Harbaugh's inability to beat the Buckeyes?
Simple, OSU has far more talent than us. Nothing more, nothing less. Sure, we can maybe win a game here or there like the other schools but we won't regularly compete (nor will any other school in the B10) until we can bring in the level of talent they are.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess all that's left for us poor ol' Buckeye fans is to just sit around, chew some gum and wallow in our own misery. sigh....

AdolescentLeafyIaerismetalmark-size_restricted.gif
No need for all that. just get a legit win outside the Big Ten then we’ll have something to celebrate.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State is the number one team on every single computer ranking

Must be doing something right

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple, OSU has far more talent than us. Nothing more, nothing less. Sure, we can maybe win a game here or there like the other schools but we won't regularly compete (nor will any other school in the B10) until we can bring in the level of talent they are.

Maybe fire that retarded coach y'all have and then the recruits will come....:noidea:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe fire that retarded coach y'all have and then the recruits will come....:noidea:
I don't think that's the case. OSU's surge ahead of use started under Lloyd in recruiting. Now that the streak exists, pulling kids like that north and NOT to OSU is hard. This whole likeness thing may help our ability to do that. The reality is that Harbaugh has thrown the book at recruiting trying to get top kids to come here, from hiring their parents to getting boosters to pay for huge trips.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need for all that. just get a legit win outside the Big Ten then we’ll have something to celebrate.

no need for gum?? mister, you crazy!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it was six, but whatever you have to tell yourself.

ESPN and CBS are the two who had it at 11. I’m sure ElevenWarriors is much more accurate.

That being said — even if UM had caught every pass — they still would have lost, as OSU’s offense was too good.

I did tell you before the game, if UM could figure out a way to limit Young, they’d be able to throw on them. And they did. Clemson and LSU have better QB’s and WR’s than UM. Don’t know much about their OL’s, but if they give them time — they will be able to do the same.

I still think this is the best OSU team I have seen, including the 2014 team. They may not have a WR as good as Michael Thomas, or a deep threat like Devin Smith and Dobbins may not be as good as Elliott. But Fields is a better QB and as a whole, they are much more complete and can beat you on the ground or in the air.

The only thing I think that could slow them down is if LSU or Clemson figure out a way to slow down Chase Young to give their QB time. Both teams have better athletes at WR than UM and better QB’s than UM and we saw what UM did throwing the ball.

If I had to pick who wins the National Title this year though — I would pick OSU-LSU and a crazy high scoring game, like both teams in the high 40-50 points. I don’t thing either defense will be able to stop the others offense. I think Fields ability to avoid the rush and use his legs will win it for OSU.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's the case. OSU's surge ahead of use started under Lloyd in recruiting. Now that the streak exists, pulling kids like that north and NOT to OSU is hard. This whole likeness thing may help our ability to do that. The reality is that Harbaugh has thrown the book at recruiting trying to get top kids to come here, from hiring their parents to getting boosters to pay for huge trips.

Maybe, just maybe, ...Harbaugh isn't good at recruiting.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post here if your team is ranked higher than tOSU. You know since that all that matters.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Sagarin's SOS list....

S. Carolina had the hardest schedule.

Auburn had the second.

West Virginia had the 3rd.

and finally,

Texas comes in at 4th.

But what does it mean? What is this supposed to represent?

Are these numbers saying that these teams would have done better had they played another teams schedule?

LSU's SOS is 25th.

Would these 4 teams have fared better had they played LSU's schedule? That's what this matrix seems to be suggesting.

We beat Texas and Auburn. We also beat Florida and Bama.

I just don't believe South Carolina or West Virginia would have more wins had they played our schedule instead of their own.

I think had LSU played any one of these team's schedules, we would still be undefeated.

So what am I missing? What is so special about Sagarin's stupid SOS matrix? It makes little sense.

Had those teams actually won their games, their SOS would be lower. It is the biggest flaw with these ranking and cant really be fixed