• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Pre-Season Game 2 QB Poll

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense doesn’t need a gunslinger mentality. It needs to move the chains, and we have playmakers everywhere. It needs to protect the ball and live another down. When Sutton comes back, it a whole new dimension.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense doesn’t need a gunslinger mentality. It needs to move the chains, and we have playmakers everywhere. It needs to protect the ball and live another down. When Sutton comes back, it a whole new dimension.
I kinda agree, but this team needs to have the ability to come back if they get down. Can this team come back and beat the Chiefs if they get down 14 in the first quarter with just a move the chains mentality? I don't think so, but I don't think looking for the long TD every play is reasonable either. I think Drew and Teddy are opposite ends of the spectrum in many ways, Drew likes to be hyper agressive which has led to turnovers, but Teddy tends to be hyper conservative which can stop drives if you have a negative play. Drew is more likely to find the balance then Teddy will find more arm strength to push the ball deep.

My concern with Drew is simple that he will be too agressive and turn the ball over. My concern with Teddy is he will be too conservative that defenses will crowd the line scrimage, which will hurt the run game also.

So far both QBs have show the ability at times that they are able to address these concerns, and then they display why these concerns exist.

Who ever is the QB they are going to have weapons that should make them look better then they are.

To me we need to roll with Lock to start the season and here is why:
  • Our offense has been missing the explosive play for several years, and he has the ability to make it.
  • Drew is young and if he has improved (it seems he has) he could be the answer going forward, but Teddy at best will be stop gap next year for a rookie or off the roster in favor of a vet.
  • The threat of a long ball will force teams to keep their safeties back which should help the run game.

That being said I am expecting Teddy to be named the starter. We will see if Drew gets a chance this season, or if there are more unanswered questions at the end of the season, we could just move in a different direction.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Dave Logan said (his opinion) that there was always a lean toward Teddy. Not to say that Drew wasn’t given a fair shot. He also said that the decision wasn’t unanimous within the offensive coacches.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is they were dragging this out to the point of gauging Lock's trade value and may have found a trade partner.
Would rather ride or die with Lock than Check Down Teddy. Low floor, low ceiling with Teddy.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Dave Logan said (his opinion) that there was always a lean toward Teddy. Not to say that Drew wasn’t given a fair shot. He also said that the decision wasn’t unanimous within the offensive coacches.
This has Fangio all over it and trying to save his job. Not a fan of this decision but it is what it is. GO BRONCOS!

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Teddy gives Denver the best chance to win but Lock has more potential down the road. The problem is how long can you bank on potential before everyone gets tired of waiting and your team ends up worse off.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Teddy gives Denver the best chance to win but Lock has more potential down the road. The problem is how long can you bank on potential before everyone gets tired of waiting and your team ends up worse off.
Agree to a point but IMO, Denver needs more than a game manager like Teddy to compete with Kansas City and Buffalo Bills. Time will tell.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to a point but IMO, Denver needs more than a game manager like Teddy to compete with Kansas City and Buffalo Bills. Time will tell.
Agreed but how do you tell people like Von Miller that we know you don’t have many years left but we like Lock’s potential and we’re gonna wait a few more years to see.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed but how do you tell people like Von Miller that we know you don’t have many years left but we like Lock’s potential and we’re gonna wait a few more years to see.
I see where you are coming from but when the Chiefs and Bills continually put up 30+ points, can we match that with check down Teddy? My answer is no. Our D will be stout this year but we will need to put up points as well. This decision is a short term decision and not for the long term.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, a coach like Fangio is always going to go for the safe bet. I hope Teddy and the Broncos have success, but I think this is going to doom the team in the long run. Hopefully I am proven wrong.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, a coach like Fangio is always going to go for the safe bet. I hope Teddy and the Broncos have success, but I think this is going to doom the team in the long run. Hopefully I am proven wrong.
Completely agree! And i'm not so sure this was the correct decision for the short term as well. Teddy is JAG.

Samiwindr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp. At least this gives Rodgers a chance to come to Denver now. Ride with Teddy B. Let's go get a wild card spot!

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone employed by the broncos needs a few more years to see Lock's potential they should be fired immediately.

This is Lock's 3rd year. If it is so close that coaches can justify going with Bridgewater then Lock is a bust.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp. At least this gives Rodgers a chance to come to Denver now. Ride with Teddy B. Let's go get a wild card spot!
Speaking of Rodgers, he sat on the bench for three years behind Favre before he got to go.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone employed by the broncos needs a few more years to see Lock's potential they should be fired immediately.

This is Lock's 3rd year. If it is so close that coaches can justify going with Bridgewater then Lock is a bust.
What I saw from Lock this year was improvement. Odds are he will be called upon this year either through poor play or injury so lets hope he continues to improve even when he isn't the guy.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I saw from Lock this year was improvement. Odds are he will be called upon this year either through poor play or injury so lets hope he continues to improve even when he isn't the guy.
Agree and it will be telling where he is mentally after this decision. Be interesting to see what his comments are.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree and it will be telling where he is mentally after this decision. Be interesting to see what his comments are.
Really good point. One of the reasons I was for Lock to be the starter is that I think Teddy has the emotional composition to be prepared as a backup QB, but I'm not sure Drew does. I'm sure this will be the first time in his life that he isn't "the guy".

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not convinced that Teddy is the safer option. He turned the ball over 4 fewer times then Lock last year, and was sacked 12 more times.

If Drew and Teddy were that close in the competition then can you really say one gives a better chance to win then the other? To me if it was that close then the potential should win out. I think both QBs may have a short leash.

I hope for the best outcome and Drew may get a chance to start yet this year. Teddy has had a tendency to get dinged up, he has only played 16 games once in his career.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not convinced that Teddy is the safer option.
Can you be convinced? Or are you just not willing to change your mind? Let's say the Broncos go 11-6 and make the playoffs, will you say Teddy contributed or that it was just the D and we could have that record with Drew or anyone else at QB?

Somehow I'd like to see you give him a chance - but I'm not sure what it would take.