• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post game thoughts...

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly before anything is said, everyone should give props to Northwestern. They played a very solid game and over their potential in my opinion. They came into this game with a solid game plan and executed it very well.

With that out of the way, the only thing I can really take away from this is the preparation our team goes through. I think this game falls on the coaches for a variety of reasons. We didn't look like we were ready for this game and possibly looking ahead to Penn St. That or Pelini has a hard time getting this team ready to play week in and week out. Northwestern is no pushover due to their offense, and I feel like after we curb stomped Michigan St we didn't give Northwestern a serious look.

I don't like the whole idea of playing 7 games of mediocre/shitty defense and then giving out blackshirts after we play one solid football game. If anything, those should be taken back this week.

I think our offense has a lot of work still to do this season. We are young, and Beck is a first year OC. With that said, we can only get better. I think Burkhead looked a little ginger out there today, he took a beating last week against Michigan St. We can't ride on his shoulders all season, other players are going to have to step up.

The clock management for the last 10 minutes of the game was atrocious to be generous. I really am speechless after seeing that...

I guess that's all...

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something bothered me this week and it was Barney talking about not wanting to platoon linemen because he didn't want to lose the "hot hand".

Do not really want to watch the replay of our linemen going through the motions. Do not pretend to be an expert, but my impression is that they did not play with passion.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We looked tired. If we can only play one game full out and then have to take a week off then we have a problem with our strength and conditioning.

I don't think that is the problem except Burkhead who took a beating the week before and should not be expected to do that week in week out.

I think we overlooked NU. They are a team that loses most their games every year but comes out for one or two and plays well over their head. They are fine with this it seems and this game every year seems to be their "bowl game" that they give everything to including the playbook.

I feel we were out coached. We went away from what we do again and paid the price again.

I also think we have a problem motivating. You look at teams like LSU coming out of their tunnels. They are fired up and ready to rip somebodys head off. We kind of get a little talk where no emotion is displayed and then trot on to the field.

I am not saying that some teams don't take a "get down to business" attitude and come out ready to play. I know they do. But that is not us either. We come out kind of ho hum and expect to cruise through games and just get our asses pushed all over the field.

I know Bo is still a young head coach as many on his staff. But I am beginning to wonder if we can put together a championship caliber team with these guys. That last defensive drive looked like our defense had quit. Where was our motivation. We did not want that win. They moved at will on us even though we knew we needed a stand to win the game.

Add in the attrocious clock management and I just need to back off. I am Red the rest my life but I am not happy red.

Basically NU just played their bowl game and approached it as such and we came out to scrimmage a scrub.