• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible NFL landing spots for Tyrod?

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking the other day about good destinations for Tyrod to land in for the draft. Assuming he will most likely be a 4th-5th round pick, I would love for him to wind up in Philadelphia. They have the extra 4th round pick from the Skins and will need a backup for Vick once they trade Kolb in the offseason. While Tyrod may not be a 2nd stringer right off the bat, I could see him filling that role nicely once he learns the Eagles' playbook.

It is about the best option for the Eagles to find a Vick-like player so they won't have to completely change their playbook if/when he gets knocked out of the game. Tyrod is a better passer coming out of VT than Vick was and has similar scrambling skills (even though no one can match Vick).

I just think it would be a smart move to pick TT up and groom him to take over after Vick is finally done.

Thoughts?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking the other day about good destinations for Tyrod to land in for the draft. Assuming he will most likely be a 4th-5th round pick, I would love for him to wind up in Philadelphia. They have the extra 4th round pick from the Skins and will need a backup for Vick once they trade Kolb in the offseason. While Tyrod may not be a 2nd stringer right off the bat, I could see him filling that role nicely once he learns the Eagles' playbook.

It is about the best option for the Eagles to find a Vick-like player so they won't have to completely change their playbook if/when he gets knocked out of the game. Tyrod is a better passer coming out of VT than Vick was and has similar scrambling skills (even though no one can match Vick).
Thoughts?

I just think it would be a smart move to pick TT up and groom him to take over after Vick is finally done.

C'Mon Cobra not the Eagles man!! (Redskins fan here)
Seriously, I hope all VT players and state players for that matter have success wherever they may end up, even at a hated NFC East rival. With a BU quarterback, he could end up anywhere that wanted to give him a chance. I do agree that Philly (due to Vick) or other pass happy and/or wildcat offenses could be potential landing spots

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'Mon Cobra not the Eagles man!! (Redskins fan here)
Seriously, I hope all VT players and state players for that matter have success wherever they may end up, even at a hated NFC East rival. With a BU quarterback, he could end up anywhere that wanted to give him a chance. I do agree that Philly (due to Vick) or other pass happy and/or wildcat offenses could be potential landing spots

Never was that big of an NFL fan, but the wife is from the Philly area and I've 'adopted' the Eagles and Phillies. Plus it doesn't hurt getting free Eagles tickets once a year because her uncle works for them. We went to the first Giants game this season.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
i'd love for him to end up in philly, like you guys alreads said it would make sense for them to get a QB in a similar mold to MV1 so that the whole system doesnt change if there is an injury.
Maybe its because i dont follow the NFL very close but to me after the first round the draft is pretty much anyone's guess.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd love for him to end up in philly, like you guys alreads said it would make sense for them to get a QB in a similar mold to MV1 so that the whole system doesnt change if there is an injury.
Maybe its because i dont follow the NFL very close but to me after the first round the draft is pretty much anyone's guess.

Definetely. It is hard to say who will like him and who won't. He certainly doesn't have the measurables that NFL scouts look for, but I think a strong showing in the Orange Bowl and this year in particular will certainly help his stock. He has made progress in his reads and check down, and has become a MUCH more polished passer in the last two years. I think he will have a chance at success in the NFL.