• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible Fallout 4 announcement tomorrow

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or just walk around the commonwealth exploring. You will advance the game AND pick up more loot than you can carry in a matter of minutes.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh.

So I decided to try the convoluted method to end up with the Brotherhood, Railroad and Minutemen all left standing. Also decided to follow the path around here, and level up my character more, do more of the follower missions.

I figured so long as I didn't progress too far in the main storyline, I'd be safe as houses. However you REALLY have to read some of these things carefully, because in my wandering I stumbled across the hidden BOS bunker in the map's far north.

'Paladin Brandis' is the last guy left alive from a bunch of dead Brotherhood troops in a patrol mission. I finished that quest, and Brandis had a dialogue option to re-join the BOS. He declined, electing to stay holed up in his bunker.

Well apparently if you want to not have to kill off the Brotherhood (or else the Railroad) Brandis has to re-join.
BUUUT, there's THREE Charisma speech checks in the dialogue, and you have to pass all three. So basically you have to eat grape mentats (+5 Charisma) to have any chance.

So I had to load my level 46 sniper back to level 17, and have to replay all those levels to try and get Brandis to join.

I have mixed feelings. I love the game, but I really don't want to redo 30 levels. Ugh.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Brandis to re-up in my first go-through of that quest.

Maybe I can get the "clean win"...

I will need to research the required steps.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Brandis to re-up in my first go-through of that quest.

Maybe I can get the "clean win"...

I will need to research the required steps.

Yeah I kind of want to do it. I remember the big first battle with the Brotherhood after I went with the Railroad. The scribe woman that you do missions for out of the police station, is actually pretty decent, unlike her fellow angry dude that you'd like to shoot in the face. Ironically, who'd I shoot in the face in that battle? Scribe Haylen's head bounced around on the ground. Kinda' felt weirdly awful about that.

Plus if you want to keep building/leveling after the game is 'over', it's bound to be more interesting with the BOS still flying around.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the "clean ending" is... I stuck with the minutemen, but then joined the railroad, but when it came time to build the transporter, I went back to the minutemen and had them build it. I did fight the institute, but still am friendly with the brotherhood and minutemen (both still give me missions even) and haven't talked or fought or even dropped back by the railroad since. Not sure if they are pissed I didn't use them for the final missions.

I don't remember using any charisma persuasion along the final bit either. I may have but I don't think so.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the "clean ending" is... I stuck with the minutemen, but then joined the railroad, but when it came time to build the transporter, I went back to the minutemen and had them build it. I did fight the institute, but still am friendly with the brotherhood and minutemen (both still give me missions even) and haven't talked or fought or even dropped back by the railroad since. Not sure if they are pissed I didn't use them for the final missions.

I don't remember using any charisma persuasion along the final bit either. I may have but I don't think so.

Huh. Well I was kinda curious as to how the authors of the youtube video
manged to do so many permutations of the playthroughs. Perhaps they were wrong on some stuff. But at any rate, in most people's experience, assuming you decide to kill off the Institute, then you have to either ally with the Railroad OR the Brotherhood. The other one gets wiped out.

So then when all is said and done, there's either

Minutemen + Railroad

or

Minutemen + BOS

left over.

In most scenarios, you're forced to make a choice one way or the other.

In the video above, they show you how to have all three left over and at peace with each other. According to that, Brandis re-joining the BOS is a pre-req.

So you didn't have to do that, AND you managed to have all three still alive after you ended the Institute?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have not played in a couple weeks now (burn out hit hard), but I think I am going to want to keep the Minutemen and the Institute (I am not far in the Institute storyline, though). I would LIKE to keep the BOS and Railroad, but really, I dont care much about either.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have not played in a couple weeks now (burn out hit hard), but I think I am going to want to keep the Minutemen and the Institute (I am not far in the Institute storyline, though). I would LIKE to keep the BOS and Railroad, but really, I dont care much about either.

That only works if you pull the plug on the Institute. If the Institute lives, I believe that the MM are the only others left alive.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh. Well I was kinda curious as to how the authors of the youtube video
manged to do so many permutations of the playthroughs. Perhaps they were wrong on some stuff. But at any rate, in most people's experience, assuming you decide to kill off the Institute, then you have to either ally with the Railroad OR the Brotherhood. The other one gets wiped out.

So then when all is said and done, there's either

Minutemen + Railroad

or

Minutemen + BOS

left over.

In most scenarios, you're forced to make a choice one way or the other.

In the video above, they show you how to have all three left over and at peace with each other. According to that, Brandis re-joining the BOS is a pre-req.

So you didn't have to do that, AND you managed to have all three still alive after you ended the Institute?

Do you actually physically confront the other group? I never saw the railroad after I went and got some parts for the transporter, then just went to the minutemen with it the guy helps build it and sends you off, and they show up for the attack. I haven't been back to the railroad church hideout place though, do they get killed in the nuclear blast where you blow up the institute? I can honestly say I physically only fought synths after I last talked to the railroad.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you actually physically confront the other group? I never saw the railroad after I went and got some parts for the transporter, then just went to the minutemen with it the guy helps build it and sends you off, and they show up for the attack. I haven't been back to the railroad church hideout place though, do they get killed in the nuclear blast where you blow up the institute? I can honestly say I physically only fought synths after I last talked to the railroad.

The turning point for me was the Battle of Bunker Hill.

The Battle of Bunker Hill

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I see.. so I am guessing going against your son means a non-peaceful ending lol. I kinda told him no the first time I got in the institute, now wanting to replay to try the bunker hill battle...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The turning point for me was the Battle of Bunker Hill.

The Battle of Bunker Hill

You can get through the Battle of Bunker Hill by not shooting at anyone.. If you are allied with everyone you can sneak through. Just don't attack anyone just pick up the loot. The only issue is at the very end.

You can let the synths goes free and then kill the courser but Father will forgive you later on with a little luck. That way you still end up as friends with everyone until later

I went Railroad first time in. Now going Brotherhood. I like many of the BOS side quests.

Going with the Minutemen seems the most "ethical" of the factions

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can get through the Battle of Bunker Hill by not shooting at anyone.. If you are allied with everyone you can sneak through. Just don't attack anyone just pick up the loot. The only issue is at the very end.

You can let the synths goes free and then kill the courser but Father will forgive you later on with a little luck. That way you still end up as friends with everyone until later

I went Railroad first time in. Now going Brotherhood. I like many of the BOS side quests.

Going with the Minutemen seems the most "ethical" of the factions
This is the route that I am going to take with the Bunker Hill battle. I heard about the speech checks with Shaun after it. As long as you can appease him then you can prolong the decision a little longer.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, played a bit today, Railroad still there, still ok with me, never did the Bunker hill battle. All three factions are there and happy, only one no longer around is the institute. I do have my charisma maxed, not sure if that made a difference on a talk.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, it's been a minute since I've played. Went a little too hard the first 3 months. I think I'll pick it back up once these DLC's start rolling out.

I've read that the new patch is going to add some decor to settlements, the chief among them a blood bag from Super Mutant camps. Cool.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, it's been a minute since I've played. Went a little too hard the first 3 months. I think I'll pick it back up once these DLC's start rolling out.

I've read that the new patch is going to add some decor to settlements, the chief among them a blood bag from Super Mutant camps. Cool.
I have blood bags available through mods since pretty early. I don't play mods, but...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much do people continue to play after the end? I seem to run out of gas soon after. I'm at level 50 and about to finish the game for the Brotherhood. There's a lot I'm sure I haven't explored but I think I've hit the big parts.

Not that I haven't enjoyed what I've done so, it's a great game.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always lose interest immediately after finishing. That is one if the reasons I like to play at a snails pace. I get to explore more of the world pre-finish.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much do people continue to play after the end? I seem to run out of gas soon after. I'm at level 50 and about to finish the game for the Brotherhood. There's a lot I'm sure I haven't explored but I think I've hit the big parts.

Not that I haven't enjoyed what I've done so, it's a great game.

I finished Monday night. I probably wont play much more. I do not have any interest in going back and choosing other outcomes.
I'll hold onto the game for a while because some of the others have had good DLC.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finished Monday night. I probably wont play much more. I do not have any interest in going back and choosing other outcomes.
I'll hold onto the game for a while because some of the others have had good DLC.

Each of the separate faction have a number of quests unique to them plus more importantly there is almost no way you'll encounter most of the "events" in just one walkthrough.