• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible bad news

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are rumors of Cowher going to be the skins Head Coach. I have plenty of respect for Cowher's coaching (leadership) skills to hope this isn't true!

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are rumors of Cowher going to be the skins Head Coach. I have plenty of respect for Cowher's coaching (leadership) skills to hope this isn't true!

A young & upcoming O-coordinator would like Jay Gruden would concern me more than a retread

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:
:laugh3:

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if he wanted to walk into that situation, but even if he does, how often do retreads work out?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see that as bad news he has been out of coaching for a really long time, things have changed a great deal. I remember how I felt when Jimmy came back to coach the Dolphins. Didn't work out to well. I'm not saying it won't work out but, He'd have a lot of adjusting in his philosophy the way the game is now played.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do see this as possible bad news. Cowher lost players left and right yet still fielded very good teams. I'm hoping he doesn't take the job.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see that as bad news he has been out of coaching for a really long time, things have changed a great deal. I remember how I felt when Jimmy came back to coach the Dolphins. Didn't work out to well. I'm not saying it won't work out but, He'd have a lot of adjusting in his philosophy the way the game is now played.

agree with this ....

And to add in ... it would be a whole different scheme with years of getting the players to run it. Even if he were to adjust to this being a passing league ... He doesn't run the zone blocking scheme. He runs a power blocking O-line and runs up the middle.

That would really put the Redskins in rebuild mode

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do see this as possible bad news. Cowher lost players left and right yet still fielded very good teams. I'm hoping he doesn't take the job.

I don't care if he does. He would need years to switch up to his system. and Snyder isn't going to give anyone enough years to make that kind of change.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not like he's stayed out of football or hasn't kept up on it. He's still following pretty closely for his current job.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with this ....

And to add in ... it would be a whole different scheme with years of getting the players to run it. Even if he were to adjust to this being a passing league ... He doesn't run the zone blocking scheme. He runs a power blocking O-line and runs up the middle.

The redskins are already in rebuild mode. Most of that team doesn't belong anywhere near an NFL stadium without tickets.

The few piece that are worth keeping are solid ones, though. Griffin, Morris, Garcon isn't a terrible corps of skill guys. A decent job could turn things around fairly quickly, though he would have to almost entirely clean house to do so.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like he's stayed out of football or hasn't kept up on it. He's still following pretty closely for his current job.

Being on cbs and breaking down 20 mins of film is nothing like running the show and breaking down hours upon hours of film. Remember that hard nosed defense he had um that's basically been banned. If Rg3 couldn't handle Shanny in his face and calling him out....What happens the 1st time Bill spits in his face?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with this ....

phew you and I have agreed something is really wrong in the universe :laugh3:. So when is the next time you and old Nets going to break down the salary cap for us.....and moves you expect JJ to make to help fix the cap.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being on cbs and breaking down 20 mins of film is nothing like running the show and breaking down hours upon hours of film. Remember that hard nosed defense he had um that's basically been banned. If Rg3 couldn't handle Shanny in his face and calling him out....What happens the 1st time Bill spits in his face?

You beat me to the punch, I was just thinking RG2 wouldn't take to kind to his brat getting spat on :bawling:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The redskins are already in rebuild mode. Most of that team doesn't belong anywhere near an NFL stadium without tickets.

The few piece that are worth keeping are solid ones, though. Griffin, Morris, Garcon isn't a terrible corps of skill guys. A decent job could turn things around fairly quickly, though he would have to almost entirely clean house to do so.

So a 53 man roster you pick 3 players. A Qb a Rb and a #2 receiver.
That is one hell of a rebuild for any coach...... and Snyder giving him the time to do it? Hell he expected Shanny to do it with the cap penalty and wouldn't even give him 1 season with a few dollars to spend in FA

LOL @ your pipe dream

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guarantee you he does break down hours of film a week at CBS.

Shanahan is an awful coach. He shouldn't be respected by anyone with the tiniest hint of dignity. Griffin will respect Cowher because he's 100 times the coach Shanahan is.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a 53 man roster you pick 3 players. A Qb a Rb and a #2 receiver.
That is one hell of a rebuild for any coach...... and Snyder giving him the time to do it? Hell he expected Shanny to do it with the cap penalty and wouldn't even give him 1 season with a few dollars to spend in FA

LOL @ your pipe dream

Dallas I take dez. That's it.

Garcon is roughly the 15th or so best receiver in the NFL so calling him a #2 means most of the NFL doesn't have a number one.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas I take dez. That's it.

Garcon is roughly the 15th or so best receiver in the NFL so calling him a #2 means most of the NFL doesn't have a number one.

This shows you don't know jack about the Cowboys.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
phew you and I have agreed something is really wrong in the universe :laugh3:. So when is the next time you and old Nets going to break down the salary cap for us.....and moves you expect JJ to make to help fix the cap.

breaking down the cap I can do .....

expecting something from Jerry? Nah not me that old fucker is on his own planet.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shows you don't know jack about the Cowboys.

Coming from the biggest Dez fan on this team, Tyron Smith is probably the best player on the roster.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while I agree about Snyder being his own worst enemy. I remember when he hired Marty I thought crap I didn't want him coaching in our division. Well he started something like 0-5 but finished the season 8-8 & dumbass Snyder fired him. Whew! In more recent current events, he gave Shanny 4 years however. Give Cowher 4 years & I believe he can turn around any team. You have coordinators to help with things like X's & O's. What I worry about is he brings leadership, accountability, & unity to a team. Teams will play for him & not quit like the skins do now.

I am not saying Cowher takes the skins to the superbowl. But they would become more relevant. Definitely better than what we have here.
Looking at our division. I still say this would be bad news.