• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Portland Trail Blazers are 3rd in the West

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently the Blazers are 3rd in the West. What is more fascinating is that difference between being 3rd in the West or 10th in the West is just 4 games.

4 games separate the 3rd seed and placing 10 in the Western Conference standings. Before the mega super team era, with just 20 something games left in the season this would be one of the wildest most intense playoff pushes ever, with such a heated race between teams 3-10.

But alas, it doesn't matter. With these mega super duper teams, whether you're 3rd seed or 8th seed, the only difference is are you going to be eliminated in the first round or second round. So even though I'd like to get excited about Portland's highest seed since, I don't know? The 2000's? All it means is they have a better shot at getting to the 2nd round than being eliminated in the first round.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's only 1 super team in the league.

Houston is a great team but they're not a super team. Just the perfect group with the perfect coach for their style of play

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West playoffs can still be interesting in round 1. Imagine if Spurs end up 7th but get back Kawhi for a 1st round match up with Houston or Golden State.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West playoffs can still be interesting in round 1. Imagine if Spurs end up 7th but get back Kawhi for a 1st round match up with Houston or Golden State.

Yes the one super team is Golden State. Although I think Houston at least will give them 6 games, and give everyone glimmer of "maybe" hope, but we all know GS will prevail.

But the other rounds, what's it matter? Congrats you got to the second or third round, GS awaits and you are 4 games away from your season ending.

Does it really matter if the T-Wolves vs Thunder round 1 is a heckuva series? No, because the winner will be out shortly after in the next round.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the one super team is Golden State. Although I think Houston at least will give them 6 games, and give everyone glimmer of "maybe" hope, but we all know GS will prevail.

But the other rounds, what's it matter? Congrats you got to the second or third round, GS awaits and you are 4 games away from your season ending.

Does it really matter if the T-Wolves vs Thunder round 1 is a heckuva series? No, because the winner will be out shortly after in the next round.

True but I do think the playoffs this year will be better. Last year it was pretty bad. There was 1 good series.

GSW likely make the finals but this will be the most trouble they have getting to the finals IMO.

The Spurs (with Leonard), Rockets, and Thunder can all push them at least 6 games and it is very possible that their road to the finals may look like that.

Spurs>Thunder> Rockets

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but I do think the playoffs this year will be better. Last year it was pretty bad. There was 1 good series.

GSW likely make the finals but this will be the most trouble they have getting to the finals IMO.

The Spurs (with Leonard), Rockets, and Thunder can all push them at least 6 games and it is very possible that their road to the finals may look like that.

Spurs>Thunder> Rockets

I am not buying into the Spurs or Thunder to be legit threats to the Warriors. I think the only team capable of going 7 games with them is the Rockets, and even then I think the Warriors will escape. Spurs have been a really good regular season team now for the last few years, but not really a threat in the playoffs anymore. Sorry, but when your post season hopes ride on Aldridge, you aren't getting anywhere.

Thunder just don't mesh together.

Not a threat this year as they are still growing, but in a year or two the T-Wolves are going to be tough to beat in 7 game series.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not buying into the Spurs or Thunder to be legit threats to the Warriors. I think the only team capable of going 7 games with them is the Rockets, and even then I think the Warriors will escape. Spurs have been a really good regular season team now for the last few years, but not really a threat in the playoffs anymore. Sorry, but when your post season hopes ride on Aldridge, you aren't getting anywhere.

Last year they were up 25 on Golden State in the 3rd quarter before Leonard went down in game 1. Their post season hopes doesn't ride on Aldridge. It rides on Kawhi who is a superstar and top 5 player in the league.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year they were up 25 on Golden State in the 3rd quarter before Leonard went down in game 1. Their post season hopes doesn't ride on Aldridge. It rides on Kawhi who is a superstar and top 5 player in the league.

In a 7 game series, I have a hard time betting against Durant, Curry, Thompson and Green.

Aldridge and Leonard does not top that squad in 7 games.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a 7 game series, I have a hard time betting against Durant, Curry, Thompson and Green.

Aldridge and Leonard does not top that squad in 7 games.

A healthy Spurs may be the most serious threat to the Warriors. They have guys who have been there, done that. The Rockets are led by 2 players who are known for coming up small in the playoffs.

The Spurs also have arguably one of the top 5 (maybe top 3) coaches in the history of the league in Pop. The Rockets have D'Antoni who, while he has a great system that fits his team perfectly, is also known for his teams coming up small in the playoffs.

Pop can and will adjust to whatever the Rockets throw at the Spurs, can't say the same about D'Antoni.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A healthy Spurs may be the most serious threat to the Warriors. They have guys who have been there, done that. The Rockets are led by 2 players who are known for coming up small in the playoffs.

The Spurs also have arguably one of the top 5 (maybe top 3) coaches in the history of the league in Pop. The Rockets have D'Antoni who, while he has a great system that fits his team perfectly, is also known for his teams coming up small in the playoffs.

Pop can and will adjust to whatever the Rockets throw at the Spurs, can't say the same about D'Antoni.

I agree with your thoughts on D'Antoni. But just think the Rockets have the youth and athletic ability and system to hang better with the Warriors than the Spurs.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your thoughts on D'Antoni. But just think the Rockets have the youth and athletic ability and system to hang better with the Warriors than the Spurs.

Go look up Hardens playoff stats and come back and tell us they are a threat in any way.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's only 1 super team in the league.

Houston is a great team but they're not a super team. Just the perfect group with the perfect coach for their style of play

It doesn't matter if they're considered a super team or not. The data suggests that the Rockets are actually better than the Warriors right now. The two teams are very close. Obviously, I hope the Warriors prevail and win it all, but they are not in a class of their own like they were in previous seasons.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thunder just don't mesh together.

Not a threat this year as they are still growing, but in a year or two the T-Wolves are going to be tough to beat in 7 game series.

If you think that a series will go seven games, then it's really a toss up on who wins game 7. The Warriors wouldn't be a significant favorite in a game 7, especially if game 7 is in Houston.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, by 1/2 a half game ahead of the Timberwolves.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think that a series will go seven games, then it's really a toss up on who wins game 7. The Warriors wouldn't be a significant favorite in a game 7, especially if game 7 is in Houston.

Something tells me the guy who created this thread is a fucking moron.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This site is glitchy as fuck lately.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big deal.

Yup, if last nights game against the Thunder had been in OKC they likely would be in 7th and the Thunder would be in 3rd.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big deal.

Um, by 1/2 a half game ahead of the Timberwolves.

Nothing i hate more than a poster trying to rain on another poster parade for feeling good about his overachieving team.

Portland O/U win total was 40.5

Every Blazers fan should feel amazing about how good they been this year

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, if last nights game against the Thunder had been in OKC they likely would be in 7th and the Thunder would be in 3rd.

Playing the second game of a back-to-back probably also had an effect on the Thunder.