• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: POR @ Dubs 1/26 6p pst Tip oFF

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply put, Dubs need a bounce back game

1) Will Bogut and D.Lee play

2) POR is on a B2B, played MINN last night, we should be fresher, hopefully that works to our advange

3) HB, aka Black Falcon, aka 1 for , aka Wall flower, needs a bounce back game.

Dubs need to get back to playing the defense they were showing when they were on that 10 game winning streak, maybe they just need to play teams from the east more :noidea:

Dubs win 104-101?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a shame when professional athletes cannot take enough pride in their craft to attempt to play defense. The Warriors just want to out-shoot you. They simply refuse to do the things you need to do in order to win.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a difference a few days make.

D.Lee straight up outplayed LA tonight. I don't care what the "allstar votes" say, D.Lee was the allstar tonight. Playing with a bad shoulder, WcW went 6 for 16, 17 pts, 10 boards, 3 dimes, above average defens vs LA most of the night. LA 2 for 14, , and if wasn't for the Ref's giving him some phantom foul calls, won't have broke 10 pts.

Steph vs Lillard, Steph won that bad by a landslide. 38 pts, 8 dimes, 7 boards. Lillard 16 pts, 4 dimes, 3 boards.

For all the talk about POR's bench, McCollum, looked like a Dleague defender, Robinson looked out of control most of the night. MO Williams wasn't anything special. Freeland, looks to be a solid player. His jumper seems automatic for them.

HB brought some fire tonight, 6 pts, 7 boards. I loved how he went through vs Lillard when he was iso'd 1v1. I hope he can build from this.

Was interesting to see Mo' SPeights not getting back up 5 minutes tonight. Not sure if there was an injury or not, but Jackson kept the lineup small most of the night. Dubs won , so I'm not complaining

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

D.Lee straight up outplayed LA tonight. I don't care what the "allstar votes" say, D.Lee was the allstar tonight. Playing with a bad shoulder, WcW went 6 for 16, 17 pts, 10 boards, 3 dimes, above average defens vs LA most of the night. LA 2 for 14, , and if wasn't for the Ref's giving him some phantom foul calls, won't have broke 10 pts.

Steph vs Lillard, Steph won that bad by a landslide. 38 pts, 8 dimes, 7 boards. Lillard 16 pts, 4 dimes, 3 boards.

For all the talk about POR's bench, McCollum, looked like a Dleague defender, Robinson looked out of control most of the night. MO Williams wasn't anything special. Freeland, looks to be a solid player. His jumper seems automatic for them.

HB brought some fire tonight, 6 pts, 7 boards. I loved how he went through vs Lillard when he was iso'd 1v1. I hope he can build from this.

Was interesting to see Mo' SPeights not getting back up 5 minutes tonight. Not sure if there was an injury or not, but Jackson kept the lineup small most of the night. Dubs won , so I'm not complaining

Great game tonight. Bogut needs to play more 4th quarter mins though

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to meet up with Portland in the first only because I don't think there play translates into playoff success that's just my opinion. Can't be in the bottom 5 defensively

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised to hear Jackson say publicly that not one guy on the team was doing what he was supposed to do defensively. Perhaps the players took that to heart because they played hard last night; especially in the second half. They held Portland to 33 second half points.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have to disagree with you there -- Draymond played D against LA most of the time. Avi still had problems blocking out on rebounds.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reality check: Portland was playing a BB and had played 7 games in 10 days. If Aldridge has his "normal" game, the game becomes a nailbiter.

But hey, it was a big win. Good teams beat other good teams at home. And good teams beat their opponent when the opponent wiped out from multiple road games.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to meet up with Portland in the first only because I don't think there play translates into playoff success that's just my opinion. Can't be in the bottom 5 defensively

They have an awesome bench. They can shoot the three and play D.

I think Portland beats the Ws in six unless the starters completely outplay their starters (which I don't see happening).

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game tonight. Bogut needs to play more 4th quarter mins though

I agree, although his inability to hit a free throw makes it tough to throw him out there late in the game.

I guess with the big lead, Jackson figured the team needed to limit open looks from beyond the arc. Hence Bogut on the bench. I don't get when Bogut isn't playing in a tight game though.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have an awesome bench. They can shoot the three and play D.

I think Portland beats the Ws in six unless the starters completely outplay their starters (which I don't see happening).

Portland doesn't play defense they are like 25th in defensive effciency

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops. I see that you are correct. They are presently 23rd.

They are 2nd in turnovers.

Well tied for 23rd but yeah still. You have to play better than top 10 defense to be even serious in the playoffs

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well tied for 23rd but yeah still. You have to play better than top 10 defense to be even serious in the playoffs

Dang, you're making me feel better about the Ws chances. Of the teams in the bottom two-thirds in defensive efficiency, only one of them (Miami) has a good chance to go far in the playoffs.

Our weak bench (and Portland, The Clips, and others strong benches) worries me though. We shall see.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, you're making me feel better about the Ws chances. Of the teams in the bottom two-thirds in defensive efficiency, only one of them (Miami) has a good chance to go far in the playoffs.

Our weak bench (and Portland, The Clips, and others strong benches) worries me though. We shall see.

Miami is in the top 10 in defense, clips are top 10 also. Warriors need one more guy to score off the bench.. Crawford helps a bit though

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to disagree with you there -- Draymond played D against LA most of the time. Avi still had problems blocking out on rebounds.

We can agree to disagree, Green was out there 18 minutes, was he guarding LA all 18 minutes?

Lee was out there 36 mins, was he on LA most of those 36? debatable.

I know that LA looked horrible. Lee outplayed him on both ends. I don't care if it was on a B2B, Dubs were the better team.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love if they could somehow get Jeff Green. Not gonna happen but he would be the perfect 3.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can agree to disagree, Green was out there 18 minutes, was he guarding LA all 18 minutes?

Lee was out there 36 mins, was he on LA most of those 36? debatable.

I know that LA looked horrible. Lee outplayed him on both ends. I don't care if it was on a B2B, Dubs were the better team.

From what I saw, Lee did a good job on Aldridge. Tweezil is a concern troll and is just trying to rile you up. Best to ignore him.