• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Poll: At which FBS school is it the easiest to win a NT?

At which FBS school is it the easiest to win a national title?

• Alabama

• Auburn

• Florida

• Florida State

• LSU

• Miami (FL)

• Michigan

• Nebraska

• Notre Dame

• Ohio State

• Oklahoma

• Penn State

• Tennessee

• Texas

• USC

Results are only viewable after voting.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I screwed the pouch on this one.:L

I thought the OP wanted what schools get the most votes just on team name. And went with ND. After reading through the posts I would have voted for Ohio State as the schools that is easiest.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rocky top, smokey the dog is a huge pull fo me

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle should be an easy place to win but they can't seem to pull it together

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This list should probably be slimmed down to Ohio St., USC, Texas, Alabama, and Florida. If we are talking about proximity to elite recruits and the ability to keep them in state.

The biggest issue is that you still have other programs to contend with. Yes, USC and Texas are the biggest and usually best programs in their respective state, but they have competition from a number of power 5 programs in state. Even Alabama has Auburn.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LSU is fair to be on the list for the question, the state does produce the most NFL talent per capita. I just think the state can never produce quarterbacks. Harris is a diamond in the damn rough. He isn't great by any means, but the last decent Louisiana qb to start for LSU I coulnd't even tell you how long ago that was. If you include Ryan Perriloux not that long ago, but I dont.

There were two big reasons I had LSU on the list. One, like you mentioned, the state is pretty rich in HS talent. The other is the lack of an in-state rival to compete for that talent.

Honestly, I felt it would have been too much work for too little gain to look for stats about out of state rivals poaching talent, so I went with the assumption it would be about even for everyone.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND is in Indiana.

:pound: And you can tell how quickly I ran through that example, I was a little distracted to say the least. Thanks for pointing it out.:suds:

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers should be a much better team. They could own the NE. Lots of talent in jersey.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with Maryland, thought that UA money was supposed to be rolling in.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For example, if we just narrowed it down to the 2000s, we agreed on USC. Cal, UCLA, Stanford and ND were down during most of the decade. It seemed like year in and year out 7 or 8 of the top 10 CA players went to SC. They had a strangle hold on their state, a top state, and little competition from rivals. Now, with UCLA, Stanford and ND better, it's much harder for SC to win.

USC lost 30 scholarships of the last three years that had to hurt

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if a team has ever won a title simply because it was easier for them to do so than it was for other teams. I doubt it. LOL

There is never one single reason a team wins it all. I'm pretty sure we can all agree on that. The goal here isn't to point fingers and say this team sucks. I have my own opinion on the subject, I'm just interested in other opinions.

I doubt it's easy at any school.

That's true, but some have it easier than others.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I screwed the pouch on this one.:L

I thought the OP wanted what schools get the most votes just on team name. And went with ND. After reading through the posts I would have voted for Ohio State as the schools that is easiest.

No worries. I appreciate the vote. What makes you choose Ohio st?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be Ohio State easily. Buckeyes have zero, I mean zero competition within the state to compete with for recruits; they get the pick of the litter and do not have to worry about any other Ohio schools stealing the best recruits from them. Plus, they don't have much competition from schools within their conference who would outrecruit the Buckeyes. Then throw in a down conference. Urban Meyer has yet to lose a regular season conference game. Tressel won a natty in year 2, Meyer in year 3.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is never one single reason a team wins it all. I'm pretty sure we can all agree on that. The goal here isn't to point fingers and say this team sucks. I have my own opinion on the subject, I'm just interested in other opinions.

That's true, but some have it easier than others.

That is certainly true. For example, it is clearly easier for, say, Texas than Idaho to win a championship.

But I don't know that you can really rank how easy it is for many schools. For example, is it easier for Florida or for USC to win a championship? Who knows?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be Ohio State easily. Buckeyes have zero, I mean zero competition within the state to compete with for recruits; they get the pick of the litter and do not have to worry about any other Ohio schools stealing the best recruits from them. Plus, they don't have much competition from schools within their conference who would outrecruit the Buckeyes. Then throw in a down conference. Urban Meyer has yet to lose a regular season conference game. Tressel won a natty in year 2, Meyer in year 3.
Do you even Kent State bro

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC lost 30 scholarships of the last three years that had to hurt

Exactly, but that loss came at the end of that decade. They were still by far the team of that decade. I always wondered how much longer the run would have gone without that big of a punishment.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is certainly true. For example, it is clearly easier for, say, Texas than Idaho to win a championship.

But I don't know that you can really rank how easy it is for many schools. For example, is it easier for Florida or for USC to win a championship? Who knows?

Texas and Idaho, I have to admit that made me laugh.

The goal isn't to try and rank them. I'm just asking for opinions. I know there aren't great facts to back this up, but it was something my team talked about and I thought it was interesting, that's all.