• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you cant predict the future. by your reasoning you think that there isn't a bad play call ever. I have yet to find one Cowboy fan who agreed with that 2nd an 1 play call. Between the sport bar, work, and Gym I have talked to about over 20 people who are Cowboy fans. Not one said they agreed with that play call even if Dez scored. Every person has said the same thing. You leave Rodgers too much time to tie or win the game regardless of the outcome of the play. So its not mmqbing when the play call doesn't make sense from the start.

A bad play call is a fade to Ryan Grant.

Nobody believes you spoke to 20 Cowboy fans unless you live in Dallas.

Everyone of them would have been ecstatic if Dez scored. Nobody would have complained if they won the game.

Had they run, run, run and didn't score, they would have bitched about that.

Like I said, all coaches call pass plays late in games because they want to score. Again, Bellicheck did it in the 2014 SB with even more time left. Nobody questions him or says something insanely stupid like it is the worst call ever.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you cant predict the future. by your reasoning you think that there isn't a bad play call ever. I have yet to find one Cowboy fan who agreed with that 2nd an 1 play call. Between the sport bar, work, and Gym I have talked to about over 20 people who are Cowboy fans. Not one said they agreed with that play call even if Dez scored. Every person has said the same thing. You leave Rodgers too much time to tie or win the game regardless of the outcome of the play. So its not mmqbing when the play call doesn't make sense from the start.
and that makes my point , it wasnt a bad play call , it is just a difference of attacking a problem

JG believed he needed the score rather then worrying about the clock and how to milk it . he has 2 young ball handlers who can make mistakes . he went for the TD first then the 1st down which turned into a TD

a defense should be able to hold for 65 seconds .( if they tackled correctly they would have done so ) his strategy was sound but the execution was not

the problem is you think your way is the only way . news flash it isnt and we have spent a week debating a non issue because 6 seconds later they scored

and by definition it is MMQB'ng when you question a decision after the fact with hindsight .

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that makes my point , it wasnt a bad play call , it is just a difference of attacking a problem

JG believed he needed the score rather then worrying about the clock and how to milk it . he has 2 young ball handlers who can make mistakes . he went for the TD first then the 1st down which turned into a TD

a defense should be able to hold for 65 seconds .( if they tackled correctly they would have done so ) his strategy was sound but the execution was not

the problem is you think your way is the only way . news flash it isnt and we have spent a week debating a non issue because 6 seconds later they scored

and by definition it is MMQB'ng when you question a decision after the fact with hindsight .

its a bad play call for that situation.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday morning quarterback
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun, Informal.
a person who criticizes the actions or decisions of others after the fact, using hindsight to assess situations and specify alternative solutions.

for dean who apparently doesnt know what MMQB'ing is from the dictionary

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bad play call is a fade to Ryan Grant.

Everyone of them would have been ecstatic if Dez scored. Nobody would have complained if they won the game.

Had they run, run, run and didn't score, they would have bitched about that.

Like I said, all coaches call pass plays late in games because they want to score. Again, Bellicheck did it in the 2014 SB with even more time left. Nobody questions him or says something insanely stupid like it is the worst call ever.

Most of those 20 Cowboys fans are now probably like "Oh shit - here he comes again & he is probably going to talk about that damn Bryant TD again.". They then probably say something like "Look at the time. Gotta go".

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heh, Oh maybe in Ft Worth.....but 20 Boys fans.....he put some stank on that for real.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a bad play call for that situation.

So are there no valid reasons for Gruden to do what he did in that situation? He shouldn't have called a TO in that situation at all.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dean, you can't use Cowboy fans as a reference,........ they are summarily disqualified because they root (verb) for the Cowboys.:D

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game.

this is the original quote he said after the first game he sat for the flag . nowhere does it mention police brutality

in fact he wore socks depicting police as pigs . certainly not a way to reach out to the police .

then he follows that up with his communist Fidel Castro shirt

now he has a right to sit down . i fought for his right to do this but lets not kid ourselves about HIS reasons

he disrespected our country in my opinion . you dont have to agree with me , and i respect your view

sooner or later the american people will be heard . overwhelmingly the fans dislike the protest for 2 reasons

1) they also view it as disrespect

2) football is their escape and politics is entering their escape

i can go to all the major networks and cable to talk about racial in justice

and the NFL is feeling the pinch . people are turning off the TV and now some owners and the commish are saying you need to stand for the anthem .

and please tell me what the end games is ? a conversation ? you have it , so what next ? 98% of the police do their jobs the right way but that gets lost in all of this

i am a white male , i have been detained 3 times simply because i am white and jailed once . i was driving the same vehicle or fit a description of the true perp.

give me some kind of reasonable end game . and whats the next issue we get to disrespect the flag again ? the wrong person getting elected ? gun control ? statues ? abortion ? . whats the next issue i have to sit through and have my escape barged in on . ?

what kind of solution are we looking for ? then get on with it and get out of my sports

I believe that everything that followed your opening quote stemmed from that quote, so, let's focus on that for a moment. Ypu've used it often as if it damns him, so to review, the Kaepernick quote is as follows:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game.

1. How is this statement any different than those (most were worse) than the so-called founders of this country as they stood in opposition to tyranny/oppression, and a quest for something better?

2. How is it worse than statements, constitutional amendments, state/county/city/town laws or ordinances, an Anthem, and a current system that allows some to render others into unequal status in the face of that flag?

3. We both served in the military, we both took an oath coming in, was that oath to the flag or to the constitution?....So, here's my question with these things in mind: How is it not disrespectful to the constitution when people falsely claim that kneeling, is disrespectful to the flag for which it stands?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW gang:

There's still, unbelievably, an actual law on the books describing what should be done when the anthem is played and the colors displayed. Want to guess why it is not enforced, even in the workplace? (Think tyranny/Authoritarianism)

36 U.S. Code § 301 - National anthem | US Law | LII ...
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/36/301

..............................OR MAYBE IT SHOULD BE INCLUDED WITH THESE........................

Feel free to check out some of your current state laws. They're real interesting!!

Weird Laws Still In Effect In The United States
www.truthin7minutes.com/weird-laws

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that everything that followed your opening quote stemmed from that quote, so, let's focus on that for a moment. Ypu've used it often as if it damns him, so to review, the Kaepernick quote is as follows:

1. How is this statement any different than those (most were worse) than the so-called founders of this country as they stood in opposition to tyranny/oppression, and a quest for something better?

2. How is it worse than statements, constitutional amendments, state/county/city/town laws or ordinances, an Anthem, and a current system that allows some to render others into unequal status in the face of that flag?

3. We both served in the military, we both took an oath coming in, was that oath to the flag or to the constitution?....So, here's my question with these things in mind: How is it not disrespectful to the constitution when people falsely claim that kneeling, is disrespectful to the flag for which it stands?

1- Because Kap's statement is not quantifiable. The government is not tyrannical, nor is it oppressing him.

2- Which ordinanaces are you referring?

3- Three is an opinion in all regards. I would say kneeling in protest of the flag, which is the symbol of this country, is protesting what this country is and the document that founded it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the way he did things show it was about disrespecting our country in my opinion sty , you can disagree and i respect that but i wont change my opinion on that .

oppression is something i doubt most americans have a clue about . i know oppression first hand and our country isnt even close

first off kaep would be jailed and put to death in NK for doing what he did as he would in China . in russia he would be sent to a gulag in iran , saudi arabia , iraq he would be put to death or enslaved

now our country isnt perfect but kaep isnt in jail or executed nor are the nfl players .

the vast majority of the police do not target people because of their color . some damn do and as i have said 3 times i have been targeted because of my color , simply being white , driving the wrong color van or being in the wrong place

michael brown grabbed a police officers gun while being stopped for a robbery . 10 minutes before that said police officer was attending to a very sick black child . michael brown was bulliying a store owner and robbing him

the vast majority of these shootings involve someone resisting arrest , you fight with police you take your life into your own hands . police dont know who they are going up against when they make a stop

now there are some tapes that show straight up murder and for that the policeman involved should be charged with murder and either get life imprisonment or the death penalty if applicable

the truth is a police shooting is a extremely rare event about ,003% which hardly screams epidemic. the stats say there is about a 25% rate of people of color feeling they were stopped unfairly my point is you dont wear socks depicting cops as pigs if you are looking for a "conversation " you dont sport fidel castro shirts if you love america and respect your country . castro was a communist thug as was che and they murdered and enslaved millions of cubans and other central american countries

and again what is the end game . what thing needs to happen that says we have reached a point where we can stand for the anthem again . crickets is what i usually get because damn sure are having a conversation about it

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am going to move this to the OFL thread . and so everyone knows i am doing it because I pushed the politics in the thread and not so much anyone else

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will tell you this their LG cody , the continent , oconnell an all american is a guy we should look to draft . 6-9 370 lbs who can pull and run

doesnt mean 1st round but we should kick the tires in drafting him

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as to falk 5 ints and he holds the ball too long

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Leach ever produce a NFL QB?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Had to post this

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- Because Kap's statement is not quantifiable. The government is not tyrannical, nor is it oppressing him.

2- Which ordinanaces are you referring?

3- Three is an opinion in all regards. I would say kneeling in protest of the flag, which is the symbol of this country, is protesting what this country is and the document that founded it.

No doubt that all of this is true from your perspective, not so from mine. The question is how to bridge the gap in a manner that enlightens instead of pushing folks further apart.. We've got a long long way to go in this country but I'm honored to have been allowed to join this site and share opinions, ideas, information, arguments, counter arguments, and a few lies with our family here. Thanks man!

Status
Not open for further replies.