• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoffs odds

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
what did North Korea do to you?

I don't like 3 kinds of people. First, hayseeds in West Texas who think farting and cussing at a football game are some forms of language. Second, anything that is typically overrated because of things that happened 60 years ago. And lastly, sawed off little pricks with bad hair cuts who think they are bad asses and worship Dennis Rodman. I'll pull for the Horns to beat any of those every time.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
loving the Dark Knight Rising. The hype is pretty crazy for a guy that was basically mediocre to bad last yr. 9 Tds 4 ints. Brutal 6.1 yards per pass. 59% completion. I would fade the hype a bit. It was 1 game vs a team that came in completely unprepared with an incredibly bad game plan. (which regrettably means Stoops and Co had a great game plan on O)

Apparently, beating Bama nowadays gives you major street credit, since the SEC teams can rarely ever do it. Nobody knew who Manziel was until Aggy beat Bama in '12. In fact, JF doesn't receive an invite to NY if Aggy loses to Bama that year.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like UCLA to be one of the 4 teams with Florida State, Ohio State and Alabama.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a quick scenarioI have been wonderin about. Say Next year FSU goes undefeated so they are in obviously. Alabama, Oregon, and Oklahoma all have 1 loss but Ohio State is undefeated. Do these three teams get in over Ohio State? Or if Ohio State does gets in which one of the 3 get left out?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WALK-ONS are not immediately eligible.

There is a special waiver they can use one time if approved, but other than that scenario they have to sit out a full year as well.

But if that walk-on was ever recruited at any time prior to arriving, there is no waiver option.

It is one of the few NCAA rules that makes a lot of sense.
Otherwise we would mercenary athletes flipping to a new school every year.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a quick scenarioI have been wonderin about. Say Next year FSU goes undefeated so they are in obviously. Alabama, Oregon, and Oklahoma all have 1 loss but Ohio State is undefeated. Do these three teams get in over Ohio State? Or if Ohio State does gets in which one of the 3 get left out?
If all are undefeated Ohio State stays home losing to Clemson in a bowl game automatically disqualifies you the following year from getting any benefit of the doubt.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My playoff teams:
Fsu
Alabama/Auburn winner
Oregon/UCLA CCG winner
Oklahoma

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama loses at least 2. Good for them and espn if they still make it.

Alabama will only lose 1 next year. I don't think we can go into death Valley and beat LSU. We will win the rest of them.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt the same way you do, Codaxx, until I had a chance to talk to the coaches after the Sugar Bowl game. It was a couple of weeks after the game and things had cooled down so I think their comments meant more than if I had heard what I did 15 minutes after the final gun. They said the way the players were responding to coaching, the way they were thinking on the fly and the way they were finally (FINALLY!) starting to understand that they could actually win big games on the road (no Notre Dame doesn't really count) makes them think that with some added talent (which they got in their latest recruiting class) the 2014 team can be in contention for a shot at the NC. As you know, so much of any success is mental; OU's coaches think the team finally grew up a lot in the Sugar Bowl and a huge part of it was mentally growing up. If they're right, then OU will a beast. But that will also depend on Trevor Knight continuing to improve as he did toward the end of the season.

I think that is the key point here. The mental aspect of that win, on the players who are returning, is worth much more than many other factors.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. FSU (12-1)
2. UCLA/Ohio State (12-1)
3. Oklahoma/Stanford (11-1)
4. Alabama/Auburn (12-1)