• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Race

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say this, but despite the constant injury issues and overall team youth, Homer will have to take a serious look at whether he wants Laviolette to continue to coach this team moving forward. I am saying this only because it looks like our boys have quit playing for him here recently in the most crucial 2-3 games of the entire year.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry for the false hopes guys. I was optimistic about our team right up until the end, but it's officially over as of right this moment.

Mathematically, it's not over, but it truly is based on the fact that the life was sucked out of this team somewhere between Winnipeg and NY. Up until midway through the second period in Winnipeg when Luke Schenn got smacked in the face with a puck near his right eye, we were in great shape to make a run at the playoffs. But now, that is ancient history. I saw this team basically quit on Laviolette over the past three games and that one play was the crucial turning point of our entire season. The Jets jumped all over us while Luke was gone and that game quickly got out of hand. We haven't looked the same as a team since.

I hate to say this, but despite the constant injury issues and overall team youth, Homer will have to take a serious look at whether he wants Laviolette to continue to coach this team moving forward. I am saying this only because it looks like our boys have quit playing for him here recently in the most crucial 2-3 games of the entire year.

I'm with ya Mav, I was actually out on hopes after teh Winnipeg game and thought the loss to the Islanders was the nail in the coffin.

It has been a dreadful year, I can't believe I don't get playoff hockey again. I agree that I think Lavy has lost this team. Such a shame, but what is he to do when the GM builds him a team opposite of his needs as a coach.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with ya Mav, I was actually out on hopes after teh Winnipeg game and thought the loss to the Islanders was the nail in the coffin.

It has been a dreadful year, I can't believe I don't get playoff hockey again. I agree that I think Lavy has lost this team. Such a shame, but what is he to do when the GM builds him a team opposite of his needs as a coach.

That's true but Lavy made absolutely zero effort in adjusting his system to suit the players on the roster.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We started off bad played half decent middle of the season and ending really bad.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The game at the Islanders was definitely the nail in the coffin. If we win that game in regulation, our playoff hopes and confidence go up exponentially. I was just pointing out that Luke Schenn getting hit with that puck appeared to be the exact point at which our team finally started to cripple under the pressure. Up until that moment, our boys were playing with purpose and we really controlled our own destiny. It looked like we would find a way and squeak in.

And yes, all signs point to Laviolette having lost the team and after that happens, I think it's a virtual certainty that he gets fired quite simply because there's no going back. You can't unload all of that youth that is going to serve you well sooner rather than later, so the coach has to take the hit.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not. I really don't like him. But he may be a pretty good fit.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it only me that thinks Ruff would be a good fit here?? How come nobody liks this guy?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it only me that thinks Ruff would be a good fit here?? How come nobody liks this guy?

he's a whiney bitch IMO.. but i do think he'd be at least an ok fit.. he's gotten a lot out of some pretty mediocre sabre teams.. though, when he had talent he failed pretty badly

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he's a whiney bitch IMO.. but i do think he'd be at least an ok fit.. he's gotten a lot out of some pretty mediocre sabre teams.. though, when he had talent he failed pretty badly

this is my sentiment as well.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since we are very mediocre he will fit right in.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Living in the Buffalo area I will tell you exactly why I don't like Ruff. The guy has benefitted having great goaltenders making it look like he's a defensive genius. The fact is Ruff has only had a couple of Sabre teams that ranked in the top 10 during his tenure in Buffalo with overall defense ST etc. Last he is a whiny bitch and ways plays the victim card. I'm sorry, but our team doesn't need this. Believe me boys, I've heard more than enough from Ruff and Regier for awhile.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living in the Buffalo area I will tell you exactly why I don't like Ruff. The guy has benefitted having great goaltenders making it look like he's a defensive genius. The fact is Ruff has only had a couple of Sabre teams that ranked in the top 10 during his tenure in Buffalo with overall defense ST etc. Last he is a whiny bitch and ways plays the victim card. I'm sorry, but our team doesn't need this. Believe me boys, I've heard more than enough from Ruff and Regier for awhile.

I guess im used to whining since torterella is the king of it

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess im used to whining since torterella is the king of it

Ruff and Torts are very much alike. The difference is Torts will drop an F bomb without thinking twice. Ruff just answers questions and gripe about how the Sabres get screwed over day after day. Btw, a fun coaching staff would be Ruff and Hitchcock behind the same bench. Can you imagine these two?:lol: