• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Discussion thread

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many millions do you think he cost himself tonight?

Unfortunately I think he cost himself a lot of money. Teams look to buy FA who are known to big gems pitchers and Yu has not proven that yet IMO. Now I might not put him in the same category as Ceej, but thinking now he should not be an overpay despite the enormous talent. We chose not offer CJ A contract due to his poor playoff showings.

If he comes here maybe Colby can be a positive influence.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s a joke that Gurriel has played this entire series.

He should’ve at least missed the next game of the World Series after the incident.

Giving him a 5 game suspension to start next season is not a punishment at all. They might as well have given him a $5,000 fine or ignored it. What a joke.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe but Houston is your MLB Champions.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well

It has happened.

It’s a nice story for a city that was completely hammered by hurricane Harvey this year.

Congrats to the Astros and the city of Houston.

( I still hope Reid Ryan chokes on his victory champagne)

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is strictly in hindsight but the Dodgers would have been a lot better off starting Wood or Kershaw.

Darvish spit-the-bit big time, and again! He's a good pitcher, but it seems he's exposed himself for what he is....fragile.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is strictly in hindsight but the Dodgers would have been a lot better off starting Wood or Kershaw.

Darvish spit-the-bit big time, and again! He's a good pitcher, but it seems he's exposed himself for what he is....fragile.

Wouldn’t you agree that tonight helps our chances of bringing him back?

If the dodgers are out, I’d guess it would be between us, Yankees, and Seattle

Edit: I still think a return is a longshot. We never got runs for the guy even when he pitched well.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loser: Yu Darvish

Darvish was acquired from the Texas Rangers to pitch in these spots. He was someone who could complement Clayton Kershaw in the rotation. The Dodgers, who clinched the NL pennant early enough, could have set their rotation however they wanted. So, giving Darvish the Game 3 (and in turn Game 7) start was not done out of necessity. It was a choice.

It was a choice that backfired in a big way.

This is from Sportsnaut.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t you agree that tonight helps our chances of bringing him back?

If the dodgers are out, I’d guess it would be between us, Yankees, and Seattle

It may help our chances, but I've got serious concerns - even bigger than I had before we traded him - about his makeup and what this experience may have done to his fragile, mental approach. His reluctance to throw the fastball was and is a real problem for me to accept.

If I'm the Dodgers, I'd help his ass pack.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may help our chances, but I've got serious concerns - even bigger than I had before we traded him - about his makeup and what this experience may have done to his fragile, mental approach. His reluctance to throw the fastball was and is a real problem for me to accept.

They should’ve thrown caution to the wind and started Kershaw with their deep bullpen ready to back him up

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wish someone could remove Fielder and Darvish

I hate seeing them when I click on this site / message board

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll say this: 5 total runs is not a disaster. Yeah, Yu put them in a hole, but those were some of the worst at-bats by the Dodgers I've seen this side of the 2017 Rangers. Scoring 1 run will not win you a game.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish "supposedly said" he lost his passion for the game while pitching for the Rangers. Heard this on 105.3 this morning.

If he said this, then fuck him. Let's all move on.

But we might want to move on with a new pitching coach.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this: 5 total runs is not a disaster. Yeah, Yu put them in a hole, but those were some of the worst at-bats by the Dodgers I've seen this side of the 2017 Rangers. Scoring 1 run will not win you a game.

But what is a disaster is him going a total of 3.1 innings in 2 starts, and giving up 8 earned for a ERA of 21.60.

He did pitch well all the way up to the WS though. Gotta give him that. But his WS numbers are maybe the worst I ever remember.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what is a disaster is him going a total of 3.1 innings in 2 starts, and giving up 8 earned for a ERA of 21.60.

He did pitch well all the way up to the WS though. Gotta give him that. But his WS numbers are maybe the worst I ever remember.

This is true.