• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Dunn was released
Ronny Cedeno is a free agent again.
So is Roger Bernadina.

But this guy was 'outrighted' to the minors ... and it's clear he isn't going to play with the Parrots.
I can't say he's a find, but he's a spare outfielder with a pretty good history at the plate.

JOSE TABATA

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping Ludwick and Hannahan join the free to walk community too. There are always loose pieces out there. I think the tricky part is getting the one that has something left in the tank, and not letting them overstay their effectiveness. I think sometimes when a spare part kind of guy gets released or allowed to go free agent, it may motivate him to produce when signed....but then his limitations catch up to him eventually. Happened with Gomes a couple of times and teams. Ludwick is another...a 4 month value on a 1 year $3Mil deal, and a bummer on a regrettable follow up 2 year +option at $14Mil and $4Mil buyout. Why someone signs light hitting corner infielders intended to be pinch hitters or utility infielders inteded to be a 1 game a week rest, to 2 year contracts escapes me, when there are always a list of unemployed guys with similar resumes.