• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players Opting Out Thread

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, let's be honest. The odds of a full season being played is likely next to zero. Why would any high level draft picks or guys with health issues (or living with those that do) want to play this year? They've got nothing to gain. Especially if all the schools fall in line and guarantee scholies. Guys like Farley now get to spend an extra six months training specifically for the NFL and the combine and have no risk of getting hurt or looking bad in two games that they actually do get to play. Seems like a win-win.

Look at it this way, why would any college student show up to campus this fall if they could take a semester or year off with no harm/no foul?

tenor.gif

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone with a helluva lot of money and legal talent is behind all of this. Who is it? I'm not usually a conspiracist but all these groups popping up out of nowhere with the same agenda is suspicious to a simple old Oklahoma boy like me. Someone is pushing this for their own reasons, not for the benefit of these poor exploited kids being forced (forced I tell you!) to play college sports.

Soros.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because a lot of them are like I was: I wanted to get out ASAP and go start making some real money in the field of my choice. I took classes during the summers and even challenged several courses. I don't know if that's even allowed anymore. Back then I was able to challenge up to 18 hours toward my B.A. I would pay the tuition for the course, take the final and that was my grade for the course. It was an easy way to pick up some quick hours without having to attend any classes.

Well for starters, you missed out on a lot. But my point is why pay $$$$ for nothing? Get a job, travel, do whatever. Just don't give Universities five or six figures to take online courses.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for starters, you missed out on a lot. But my point is why pay $$$$ for nothing? Get a job, travel, do whatever. Just don't give Universities five or six figures to take online courses.

I was able to serve two tours in the military and get a Bachelor's degree with Honors in only 1 year more than the lazy people who moseyed toward their BA. I didn't "miss" anything. I blew through a Masters in a year and a half while working part time in the field I wanted to enter. After starting to work full time, I did take two and a half years to knock out my PhD. And by that time I was making several times what my friends were making who were just getting around to finishing up their Masters degrees and starting to work full time. You're wrong; a person should want to finish college as quickly as possible......especially if they don't have rich parents to help them a lot or a cushy athletic scholarship.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a parent I would be hesitant on all levels. If it isn't safe for all students on campus what makes me think it is safe for football players only? I predict if they start this Fall season having games that there will be a bunch of schools cutting their seasons short, not just players.
giphy.gif

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are student athletes. They came to the opting out decision because they opted out using their student part of student athlete. A G5 has a better chance at winning a legitimate championship before we see an athlete die from Covid.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was able to serve two tours in the military and get a Bachelor's degree with Honors in only 1 year more than the lazy people who moseyed toward their BA. I didn't "miss" anything. I blew through a Masters in a year and a half while working part time in the field I wanted to enter. After starting to work full time, I did take two and a half years to knock out my PhD. And by that time I was making several times what my friends were making who were just getting around to finishing up their Masters degrees and starting to work full time. You're wrong; a person should want to finish college as quickly as possible......especially if they don't have rich parents to help them a lot or a cushy athletic scholarship.
Amen to that. My oldest daughter finished her degree in 3 years and as a parent I appreciated that. But, my youngest was...errrrrrr, let's just say it was hard to believe she came from the same lineage. She was guilty of cramming four years into five and a half! She finally figured things out after she got cut off financially. And when she had to pay for her Masters she finished that in a year. Strange how much more motivated one can be when spending/saving their own money!

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen to that. My oldest daughter finished her degree in 3 years and as a parent I appreciated that. But, my youngest was...errrrrrr, let's just say it was hard to believe she came from the same lineage. She was guilty of cramming four years into five and a half! She finally figured things out after she got cut off financially. And when she had to pay for her Masters she finished that in a year. Strange how much more motivated one can be when spending/saving their own money!
I had a classmate that wanted to graduate with his gf who was a class higher. So, he took night classes while co-oping to graduate in 4.

Fuck that.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The draft rank according to USA Today for those who have opted out already.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3