• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players Opting Out Thread

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB Ra'Von Bonner, Illinois
CB Caleb Farley, Virginia Tech
WR Rashod Bateman, Minnesota
LB, Micah Parsons, Penn State
S Kerry Martin Jr, West Virginia
K Landon White, Eastern Kentucky

Add any I may have missed.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opting out to safeguard your health isn't the same thing as going on strike like the precious darlings in the Pac12 are threatening to do. I'd hesitate to be around a bunch of people too right now even if I was 19 years old. If I was in the military I wouldn't have a choice but college sports? Yeah, everyone has a decision to make based on what they feel is best for themselves. I don't want to lose players on my team because they are concerned about getting sick but I'll respect their decisions if it happens.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a parent I would be hesitant on all levels. If it isn't safe for all students on campus what makes me think it is safe for football players only? I predict if they start this Fall season having games that there will be a bunch of schools cutting their seasons short, not just players.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB Ra'Von Bonner, Illinois
CB Caleb Farley, Virginia Tech
WR Rashod Bateman, Minnesota
LB, Micah Parsons, Penn State
S Kerry Martin Jr, West Virginia
K Landon White, Eastern Kentucky

Add any I may have missed.
I can see it if the player has underlying health issues or if they are living at home with somebody that's vulnerable. Otherwise, you'd think these are the least likely to have complications if they were to come down with it.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see it if the player has underlying health issues or if they are living at home with somebody that's vulnerable. Otherwise, you'd think these are the least likely to have complications if they were to come down with it.

I think for Bonner it was exactly that.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to officially announce that I will not be playing football in 2020.

I won't be playing in future years either but that is not the purpose of this thread.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opting out to safeguard your health isn't the same thing as going on strike like the precious darlings in the Pac12 are threatening to do. I'd hesitate to be around a bunch of people too right now even if I was 19 years old. If I was in the military I wouldn't have a choice but college sports? Yeah, everyone has a decision to make based on what they feel is best for themselves. I don't want to lose players on my team because they are concerned about getting sick but I'll respect their decisions if it happens.
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/big-ten-covid-19-football-season

Big Ten Football Players Release “Unity Proposal” for Returning to Play

not the same, but getting close.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few Gators have publicly expressed they are considering it, but nothing official yet.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd opt out so I don't have to take that fucking test 3-4 times a week.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a parent I would be hesitant on all levels. If it isn't safe for all students on campus what makes me think it is safe for football players only? I predict if they start this Fall season having games that there will be a bunch of schools cutting their seasons short, not just players.
Million dollar question right there. While I haven't seen a good answer to that question, we all know why the powers that be are trying to rationalize the anwer to the nth degree. I haven't decided it is more analogous to "the elephant in the room" or "the crazy aunt in the closet that everyone pretends like isn't there".

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to officially announce that I will not be playing football in 2020.

I won't be playing in future years either but that is not the purpose of this thread.

How is Gus supposed to lose 4 games minimum he’s done for the last 6 years now?

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eastern Kentucky lol

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Gus supposed to lose 4 games minimum he’s done for the last 6 years now?
By having an unproven O-Line and questionable play-calling...Duh!

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Someone with a helluva lot of money and legal talent is behind all of this. Who is it? I'm not usually a conspiracist but all these groups popping up out of nowhere with the same agenda is suspicious to a simple old Oklahoma boy like me. Someone is pushing this for their own reasons, not for the benefit of these poor exploited kids being forced (forced I tell you!) to play college sports.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, let's be honest. The odds of a full season being played is likely next to zero. Why would any high level draft picks or guys with health issues (or living with those that do) want to play this year? They've got nothing to gain. Especially if all the schools fall in line and guarantee scholies. Guys like Farley now get to spend an extra six months training specifically for the NFL and the combine and have no risk of getting hurt or looking bad in two games that they actually do get to play. Seems like a win-win.

Look at it this way, why would any college student show up to campus this fall if they could take a semester or year off with no harm/no foul?

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, let's be honest. The odds of a full season being played is likely next to zero. Why would any high level draft picks or guys with health issues (or living with those that do) want to play this year? They've got nothing to gain. Especially if all the schools fall in line and guarantee scholies. Guys like Farley now get to spend an extra six months training specifically for the NFL and the combine and have no risk of getting hurt or looking bad in two games that they actually do get to play. Seems like a win-win.

Look at it this way, why would any college student show up to campus this fall if they could take a semester or year off with no harm/no foul?

Because a lot of them are like I was: I wanted to get out ASAP and go start making some real money in the field of my choice. I took classes during the summers and even challenged several courses. I don't know if that's even allowed anymore. Back then I was able to challenge up to 18 hours toward my B.A. I would pay the tuition for the course, take the final and that was my grade for the course. It was an easy way to pick up some quick hours without having to attend any classes.