• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Player on your team that will break out this year

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense -
Zach Darlington. Goes from Massive Concussion in high school to second string QB, and just an injury away from the starting job.
Mikale Wilbon - somehow he can catch passes out of the backfield and makes people miss for big plays, Langsdorf is going to use him.

Defense -
Josh Banderas LB - the Pelini defense was too complicated for the linebackers and the linebacker coach sucked. If Banderas somehow gets worse than what he was......
Marcus Newby LB/DE- the new, fast rush end. I thought he played well when he was in the games last year.

Special Teams -
Sam Foltz punter gets 2nd team All American
Jordan Ober Long Snapper people will talk about how fast the ball gets to Sam Foltz. Then how much damage Jordan takes when he gets his ass kicked by the 300 lb defensive nose tackle.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adoree Jackson - played both offense and defense last year, but much more on defense than offense. Apparently, they are going to expand his role on offense this season.

Juju Smith - should take over as the #1 receiver this year and put up Woods, Lee, Agholor type numbers.

Su'a Cravens - has basically had a defensive position invented for him. Should make a lot of big plays for the D this year, then be a first round draft pick.
These guys aren't breakout players. They're already pretty well-known.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB Tee Shepard. Projected starter last year but missed all season due to injury.
Wasn't this the dude that was committed to ND like 6 years ago? I feel like I've heard his name for forever.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys aren't breakout players. They're already pretty well-known.

They were kind of overshadowed by veteran players and didn't put up the stats they likely will this year. Example, Juju Smith had a good season, but Agholor was the #1 receiver and got all of the post season award love. This year, it should be Juju's turn.

Being "known" and having breakout seasons aren't necessarily the same thing. These guys were "known" coming out of high school because of their rankings.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were kind of overshadowed by veteran players and didn't put up the stats they likely will this year. Example, Juju Smith had a good season, but Agholor was the #1 receiver and got all of the post season award love. This year, it should be Juju's turn.

Being "known" and having breakout seasons aren't necessarily the same thing. These guys were "known" coming out of high school because of their rankings.
Maybe JuJu Smith fits that mold, but Jackson and especially Cravens are already pretty much known commodities in the CFB world, and Smith isn't far off.

What's the deal with Justin Davis?

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C.J. Prosise. I'll just leave this here.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe JuJu Smith fits that mold, but Jackson and especially Cravens are already pretty much known commodities in the CFB world, and Smith isn't far off.

What's the deal with Justin Davis?

He's listed as "co-starter" on the depth chart with Tre Madden. He has been out for the past 5 or 6 practices with a hamstring injury. It doesn't appear to be serious, but Sark is being cautious because he wants it to heal 100% so it doesn't linger and become a season long issue.

Prior to the injury, he was looking really good though. If he and Madden are healthy, that should gives us a more consistent running game than we had last year.

Now that you mentioned him, he is also a potential "breakout player." Probably moreso than Cravens or Jackson.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Javon Durante looks like a very skilled true freshman wr for us.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense -
Zach Darlington. Goes from Massive Concussion in high school to second string QB, and just an injury away from the starting job.
Mikale Wilbon - somehow he can catch passes out of the backfield and makes people miss for big plays, Langsdorf is going to use him.

Defense -
Josh Banderas LB - the Pelini defense was too complicated for the linebackers and the linebacker coach sucked. If Banderas somehow gets worse than what he was......
Marcus Newby LB/DE- the new, fast rush end. I thought he played well when he was in the games last year.

Special Teams -
Sam Foltz punter gets 2nd team All American
Jordan Ober Long Snapper people will talk about how fast the ball gets to Sam Foltz. Then how much damage Jordan takes when he gets his ass kicked by the 300 lb defensive nose tackle.

Riley was asked last night who would be 2nd QB on the chart and he said right now it's Fyfe, but Bush is pushing him.

Never even mentioned Darlington's name, which surprised me.

Rebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't this the dude that was committed to ND like 6 years ago? I feel like I've heard his name for forever.
Yeah he was. I'm not sure about how he got to Oxford but he's really good.

Rebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back. Let me be the first to say goodbye because like last year you'll disappear after the losses come.
Classy. Excuse me while I go back to not giving a fuck about your opinion.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torrence Gibson, 4* QB, 5* athlete, moved to WR to see the field sooner, so I will go with him for the Buckeyes.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classy. Excuse me while I go back to not giving a fuck about your opinion.
Nice way to show you don't give a fuck. Commenting to show you do.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense - Jabril Peppers DB
Offense - DeVeon Smith RB

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas Sirk Jr. QB
Shaquille Powell Sr. RB

Breon Borders Jr. CB
Ben Humphreys Fr. LB

Rebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice way to show you don't give a fuck. Commenting to show you do.
That's why I didn't respond the first time you wrote the same shit, even though I still posted after the Arkansas embarrassment last season. With you doing it twice I gave you this little attention in hopes you'll stick to that goodbye and quit quoting me.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley was asked last night who would be 2nd QB on the chart and he said right now it's Fyfe, but Bush is pushing him.

Never even mentioned Darlington's name, which surprised me.

I try to take these threads to the extremes, although Sam Foltz is a known, but the long snapper should be exciting to watch if he gets in the game and the defense TRULY gives him one second before they pound on him when his head is down. They say he weighs 200 lbs, that means he weighs 190 lbs.

I know Stanley Morgan is a hot commodity.