• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PJ Fleck and others at Minnesota furloughed

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted about this somewhere on this site, on April 15.

Assume no College Football - who gets screwed the most?

I think Minnesota said this:
The best case scenario was 10% reduction in funds.
The worst case scenario was 70% reduction in funds.

quite a few schools are furloughing coaching staffs or reducing their pay and stopping all bonuses. Boise St and Iowa State come to mind.

About 20 schools in the nation actually have profitable athletic departments, the rest are poorly run business models.

Some of this is actually, "unchartered waters." When coaches are being "furloughed" they must be denied
access to facilities. In the business world, and receiving a paycheck from somebody else, is considered
the business world, there are labor laws to contend with. There is no such thing as a employee "volunteering"
their time. If you are doing your job, you are being paid...period. If you are not being paid...both you and your
employer are violating Labor Laws. The coaches are still receiving their incomes from the boosters and the side
deals, but if the school has laid them off, they can't use school facilities.

Now at the present time, there is no in-person contact allowed between coaches and recruits and probably
current players. A coach could conduct whatever recruiting issues he can handle from his home, but not at the
school, and be safe from he and the school violating Labor Laws. This will get more intriguing as it goes
along.

This is going to eventually strain some conference relationships among member schools. As usual, the SEC
is going to come out way ahead of the game. All their school are in states with GOP Governors and GOP controlled
state legislatures with the exception of Kentucky, but the GOP outnumber the Gov in the State legislature
and that state always votes GOP in national elections, thus all 14 schools will have an equal playing field.

The ACC will have an internal war about when players can report between the Southern schools and those
Northern shit holes, that are members of the conference.

If we really ponder everything that is happening, will or could happen, again, it is going to be very
intriguing and very interesting.

Get the popcorn ready.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we cheat for 5 seconds and you bastards are all up in arms. Meanwhile, bluebloods cheat every single day and recieve 1k fines.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine online classes would draw just as much $ from students because students are still paying to attend Minnesota, but they'll just be attending online for a bit. But they are still paying to be a student.

Nonetheless, I see Minnesota is like Oregon. Ran by the bigger cities that ideology controls the whole state, and unfortunately those folks dislike Trump and will hold out for as long as possible to keep things locked up just because Trump wants to open things back up.
How in the fuck did you somehow drag trump into this?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All signs point to universities expecting students on campus in the Fall.

This shows a weakened foundation at Minnesota if a big time program like them cant afford to pay their coaches.

I call tell you that this is completely false.

multiple schools are contemplating students on campus no earlier than January.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call tell you that this is completely false.

multiple schools are contemplating students on campus no earlier than January.
Only the ones ran by football hating pussies.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody is forgetting one thing. The "State" has a limit on the maximum pay for coaches.
I have no idea about any other state but in Florida the "State" tops out at 250,000 per year.
The rest of the coaches salary comes from deals with NIke, Coaches' shows, Boosters, whatever.

The State maybe withholding their end of the money, but he is getting all the rest of his salary.
An angle I don’t think about because comp is tied to things like coaches shows. If they don’t play and don’t have the shows will there be a cut for a majority of the coaches.

Interesting.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine online classes would draw just as much $ from students because students are still paying to attend Minnesota, but they'll just be attending online for a bit. But they are still paying to be a student.

Nonetheless, I see Minnesota is like Oregon. Ran by the bigger cities that ideology controls the whole state, and unfortunately those folks dislike Trump and will hold out for as long as possible to keep things locked up just because Trump wants to open things back up.
Coronavirus: Colleges facing cash crunch - CNN

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The epicenters of Liberal learning, can they afford to keep it shut down? They didn't really plan this out well if they end up shutting down their factories.

How do you plan for a "pandemic?"

The whole world failed! Greatest con ever!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you plan for a "pandemic?"

The whole world failed! Greatest con ever!

Cancers, ALS, aneurysm's, AIDS, have been taking one life at a time worldwide for decades, the world has been failing for awhile.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cancers, ALS, aneurysm's, AIDS, have been taking one life at a time worldwide for decades, the world has been failing for awhile.
That is why I put quotes around "pandemic"

tenor.gif

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love how the University's do the woe is me thing, but when I did a public search of the salaries of one of our public University's I stopped counting at 2000 employees had salaries of $200,000 or higher. I don't even think I was through half the alphabet yet.

This same University has the gall to keep sending me letters for donations since my son graduated from there and my wife earned her MBA there. BTW, we paid cash for all of that too.

Then, when you add the ridiculous amount the coaches are getting to push out athlete-students, blah blah blah.

Not one of these coaches is ever going to cure Covid19. But they can enjoy their lavish lifestyle and complain about things.

Probably not one of the athlete-students will either.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how the University's do the woe is me thing, but when I did a public search of the salaries of one of our public University's I stopped counting at 2000 employees had salaries of $200,000 or higher. I don't even think I was through half the alphabet yet.

This same University has the gall to keep sending me letters for donations since my son graduated from there and my wife earned her MBA there. BTW, we paid cash for all of that too.

Then, when you add the ridiculous amount the coaches are getting to push out athlete-students, blah blah blah.

Not one of these coaches is ever going to cure Covid19. But they can enjoy their lavish lifestyle and complain about things.

Probably not one of the athlete-students will either.

I'm just making sure...

2000+ employees making $200k or more?

That seems absurdly high.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless, Universities are bastions of waste in all departments. Tax payers pick up a bulk of the tab, regardless of the debt picked up by students. :tsk: