• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assume no College Football - who gets screwed the most?

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • tOSU will have gotten 1 year of Fields, no natty. They are loaded with good recruiting, but that hurts.
  • Alabama gets to skip a year without a QB phenom ... 2021 they'll be ready with Bryce Young.
  • Sunshine goes to the NFL with just one natty, but still has great hair. Clemson also has a phenom QB who will have a year of growth, but no experience.
  • UF misses out on the easiest schedule you could want ... loses a lot of senior talent and takes a step back. This was their year to win the East because of their schedule.
  • UGA dodges the bullet - was Newman really going to be good? Our best talent is young, defense is loaded, so it enures to our benefit in a way. And we dodge having to play Bama in T-Town.
  • OU gets Rattler some more growth, but no experience.
What about your team ... any senior laden teams? Teams that were primed with Seniors and NFL bound Jrs get screwed.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan and Texas. This was both teams year.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yer mom

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Us the fans :rain:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • tOSU will have gotten 1 year of Fields, no natty. They are loaded with good recruiting, but that hurts.
  • Alabama gets to skip a year without a QB phenom ... 2021 they'll be ready with Bryce Young.
  • Sunshine goes to the NFL with just one natty, but still has great hair. Clemson also has a phenom QB who will have a year of growth, but no experience.
  • UF misses out on the easiest schedule you could want ... loses a lot of senior talent and takes a step back. This was their year to win the East because of their schedule.
  • UGA dodges the bullet - was Newman really going to be good? Our best talent is young, defense is loaded, so it enures to our benefit in a way. And we dodge having to play Bama in T-Town.
What about your team ... any senior laden teams? Teams that were primed with Seniors and NFL bound Jrs get screwed.
Do you still have me on ignore because I have a great answer to your question?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be all of the sports that are going away that lose money.
I saw something on Twitter where the University of Oklahoma was considering doing virtual learning for all of 2020. That’s major fubar if true.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it hurts schools whose athletic departments are barely breaking even, and now this. I know I joke about the Pac being broke and all but this could really tear some of those schools up. No NCAA tourney money and now the meal ticket being canceled?

On the field, it hurts my Horns because I think it would be a really great season for us.. and even if it went to crap, Herman would be replaced.. Now with the canceled season, here come a bunch of built in excuses for either way.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it hurts schools whose athletic departments are barely breaking even, and now this. I know I joke about the Pac being broke and all but this could really tear some of those schools up. No NCAA tourney money and now the meal ticket being canceled?

On the field, it hurts my Horns because I think it would be a really great season for us.. and even if it went to crap, Herman would be replaced.. Now with the canceled season, here come a bunch of built in excuses for either way.

Agreed on your first paragraph.

Since there are only around 20 ADs that make money year in and year out, many schools will be crushed.

How can the Group of 5 survive? Will the networks sue for breach of contract and refuse to pay? I know the contracts use the word LIVE a lot. That is why they pay their lawyers oodles of money.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on your first paragraph.

Since there are only around 20 ADs that make money year in and year out, many schools will be crushed.

How can the Group of 5 survive? Will the networks sue for breach of contract and refuse to pay? I know the contracts use the word LIVE a lot. That is why they pay their lawyers oodles of money.

TV networks aren't handing out money for nothing. They won't pay and they can extend the current contract that it has with those conferences. Also, you know who it will also hurt? "big programs"... Ones that pay coaches 7.5 mil a season, and a bball coach 5 mil, who still are on the hook for an old HC down in AZ.. bang it's chest about being a cash king, when it was donations during construction that boosted itself onto Forbes. With the fall of oil prices, no BMDs, or even fan level donations coming in.. they will be hurting. I'm talking about aggy here, and they were already begging the Texas legislatures for more state money when everything was normal. Pride won't allow them to tell it's coaches that they need to take a pay cut.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that's what I was going to say. Any budget that was scraping up pennies to keep afloat is going to be screwed with both basketball and football being canceled. You'll see sports cut like crazy.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's what I was going to say. Any budget that was scraping up pennies to keep afloat is going to be screwed with both basketball and football being canceled. You'll see sports cut like crazy.
Cincy just cut it's men's soccer program completely.. other will surely follow now.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA Reduces 2020 Payouts to Division I Conferences and Schools by $375 Million

Ouch, from $600,000,000 down to $225,000,000.

DII school athletic budgets
with football $6,500,000
no football $5,000,000

each school will receive around $80,000 from the NCAA

DIII
with football $3,300,000
no football $1,700,000

each school will receive around $25,000 from the NCAA

One DII school, Notre Dame de Namur University, shut down their athletic department and may close the entire school. Another DII school, the University of Bridgeport, is laying off athletic staff. Don’t be surprised if others cut staff, sports, or more.

college sports are screwed.

At least the USC coaches will still be paid by the rich and famous to let their super athletic kids who spend all day on social media allowed in school, well because, it is just an Olympic sport.

Except for whittling.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U of Minnesota budget meetings

Budget $130,000,000

Best Case scenario lose $10,000,000 because of Covid19

Worst case scenario lose $75,000,000 because of covid19 and shutdown extends to 2021

Iowa State instituted a payroll reduction for coaching staffs. Stopped all bonuses and incentives.

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U of Minnesota budget meetings

Budget $130,000,000

Best Case scenario lose $10,000,000 because of Covid19

Worst case scenario lose $75,000,000 because of covid19 and shutdown extends to 2021

Iowa State instituted a payroll reduction for coaching staffs. Stopped all bonuses and incentives.

I wonder how those "contracts" are actually written up to try and cover (for both sides) these types of situations. Should be some pretty slick legalese to read! heh heh :heh:

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
texico fans' moms because they're filthy humpbacked whores