• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PJ Fleck and others at Minnesota furloughed

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?? Is this real? If true, Minnesota must have a terribly ran athletic dept. and really no money at all.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fredsdeadfriend
200.gif

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PJ Fleck to be among furloughs at Minnesota (Updated) - FootballScoop

Had to make some cuts to allow for all that "spending" on recruits, right @AlaskaGuy?

Wrong

Minnesota spokesman Paul Rovnak reached out to tell me the original reporting was incorrect — PJ Fleck has taken a voluntary, unspecified pay cut. He has not been furloughed. We will update as more information becomes available.

@fredsdeadfriend

What?? Is this real? If true, Minnesota must have a terribly ran athletic dept. and really no money at all.

Coaches from several programs have taken temporary paycuts...

I'm going to suspect several schools will be having to do this at public schools.....

just wait

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm going to suspect several schools will be having to do this at public schools.....

just wait

Yes, but Minnesota is the only one doing so while stealing from places that have princes.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

just wait
All signs point to universities expecting students on campus in the Fall.

This shows a weakened foundation at Minnesota if a big time program like them cant afford to pay their coaches.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but Minnesota is the only one doing so while stealing from places that have princes.
Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck is among the approximately 200 senior leaders at the University of Minnesota volunteering to take an unpaid week to help stem expected revenue losses from the coronavirus pandemic.

“We were glad to,” said Fleck, who was slated to receive $4.5 million this year. Wife “Heather and I immediately jumped on it. Anything we can do to continue to help.”

....what part of volunteering are you not understanding? :scratch:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All signs point to universities expecting students on campus in the Fall.

This shows a weakened foundation at Minnesota if a big time program like them cant afford to pay their coaches.

:L

I'm not certain the U of MN will be having many kids on campus... our governor is taking this social distancing thing pretty seriously.

and aso - where do PUBLIC schools get a considerable amount of their funding from, for the most part? From the state's TAX revenues... and if there aren't much in tax revenues....

so it's not just about "having kids on campus"

well - I'm not gonna waste my time painting a picture for someone that won't understand it.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

I'm not certain the U of MN will be having many kids on campus... our governor is taking this social distancing thing pretty seriously.

and aso - where do PUBLIC schools get a considerable amount of their funding from, for the most part? From the state's TAX revenues... and if there aren't much in tax revenues....

so it's not just about "having kids on campus"

well - I'm not gonna waste my time painting a picture for someone that won't understand it.

Imagine online classes would draw just as much $ from students because students are still paying to attend Minnesota, but they'll just be attending online for a bit. But they are still paying to be a student.

Nonetheless, I see Minnesota is like Oregon. Ran by the bigger cities that ideology controls the whole state, and unfortunately those folks dislike Trump and will hold out for as long as possible to keep things locked up just because Trump wants to open things back up.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

just wait

Thats when they’ll start taxing essential workers 70% and publicly shaming those who don’t bend over and take it.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleck rowing the boat in a dry lake it appears.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck is among the approximately 200 senior leaders at the University of Minnesota volunteering to take an unpaid week to help stem expected revenue losses from the coronavirus pandemic.

“We were glad to,” said Fleck, who was slated to receive $4.5 million this year. Wife “Heather and I immediately jumped on it. Anything we can do to continue to help.”

....what part of volunteering are you not understanding? :scratch:

You:

giphy.gif

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everybody is forgetting one thing. The "State" has a limit on the maximum pay for coaches.
I have no idea about any other state but in Florida the "State" tops out at 250,000 per year.
The rest of the coaches salary comes from deals with NIke, Coaches' shows, Boosters, whatever.

The State maybe withholding their end of the money, but he is getting all the rest of his salary.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted about this somewhere on this site, on April 15.

Assume no College Football - who gets screwed the most?

I think Minnesota said this:
The best case scenario was 10% reduction in funds.
The worst case scenario was 70% reduction in funds.

quite a few schools are furloughing coaching staffs or reducing their pay and stopping all bonuses. Boise St and Iowa State come to mind.

About 20 schools in the nation actually have profitable athletic departments, the rest are poorly run business models.

Last edited: