• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Pittsburgh Penguins(1) vs. New York Rangers(2) | Round 2

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not happy with the way that came out. I was trying to say that he's not really the "typical" sports owner type. He's not Jerry Jones or Mark Cuban. And honestly, I believe that he could have been just happy as heck to have retired somewhere in Quebec if he never had to take ownership of the Pens. I know that when he is doing something, he is going to put everything he has into it.

But I don't get the sense that he's going to be all Jerry Jones and act like he wants to control every aspect. He sets the direction and then sits in his press box and lets the people he hired do their jobs. I think it's unlikely he's gonna move from that seat and interfere.

I guess because he's played and he's seen that glory first hand. I think some owners never got to experience it so they try to get too close to it.

I get what you are sayin'.

From the way I understand it, Lemieux became the first former player in any of the four major professional sports in N.A. to have exchanged a portion of his salary for ownership of a team. Lemieux also never had even a high school degree, yet he surrounded himself with smart businessmen that made the sale of the team to him possible.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penguins v. Rangers Goal Map After Game 7 ? Sport Simplified

Goal map for the Pens/Rangers series.

I want to defend Fluery. But there's some places on there that an NHL goalie should be making stops on. I wonder if I can find the net 9 box on him too. If the majority were low, there's a problem.

The disparity between the two ends is really something. Pens goals fanned out all over the zone would definitely seem to reflect their excellent puck moving skills.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want to defend Fluery. But there's some places on there that an NHL goalie should be making stops on. I wonder if I can find the net 9 box on him too. If the majority were low, there's a problem.

You thought he was that bad? I mean there were a few. But it's not like the team was helping him out.

No offense, but how many softies did Bob let in last series? Quite a few by my count.

I know the narrative with Fleury is basically 'he sucks', but he wasn't even a problem, he let in 15 goals in a 7 game series, they didn't lose because of him. He's not even in the top 20 as far as problems go.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The disparity between the two ends is really something. Pens goals fanned out all over the zone would definitely seem to reflect their excellent puck moving skills.

Or the Rangers success in pushing them to the perimeter.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

same for henrik as well. there is nothing here that shows me Fleury was the fault (I know you are not saying that but its kind of indicated with your post) he lost game 7 by one goal. he lost the series by one goal. By all accounts Pittsburgh SHOULD have won last night but Henrik was in a zone.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank was a brick wall games 5-7 and that's the main reason we won. He was arguably our best player on the ice for every game this series, outside of game 4. Everyone wanted him to win the big game and prove his worth, and he did. He stole this series, hands down.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same for henrik as well. there is nothing here that shows me Fleury was the fault (I know you are not saying that but its kind of indicated with your post) he lost game 7 by one goal. he lost the series by one goal. By all accounts Pittsburgh SHOULD have won last night but Henrik was in a zone.

Goals scored is totally one sided. And no one has ever made one of these showing blocked shots and saves. Game 7 wasn't the issue, IMO.

It's game five. Four of them came from places you wouldn't expect a goalie of his caliber to miss them.

And Hank looks to have had a terrible game 3 and 4.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank was a brick wall games 5-7 and that's the main reason we won. He was arguably our best player on the ice for every game this series, outside of game 4. Everyone wanted him to win the big game and prove his worth, and he did. He stole this series, hands down.

I dont think there is argument with this. he was Money. He may even earn AV a longer shelf life.......:scratch: where have I seen that scenario before? :noidea:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think there is argument with this. he was Money. He may even earn AV a longer shelf life.......:scratch: where have I seen that scenario before? :noidea:

Was just really pointing out how well he played. Haha, idk but it does sound oddly familiar! I'm all for it, though, huge supporter of Vigneault.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goals scored is totally one sided. And no one has ever made one of these showing blocked shots and saves. Game 7 wasn't the issue, IMO.

It's game five. Four of them came from places you wouldn't expect a goalie of his caliber to miss them.

And Hank looks to have had a terrible game 3 and 4.

ok so whats the point then? show my any elite goalie that doesnt allow stinkers :D its a round da round discussion.

I know its not your full point, but mine is Fleury didnt lose this series.

I wonder what it would have been like with Kesler on that team :becky: lol

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok so whats the point then? show my any elite goalie that doesnt allow stinkers :D its a round da round discussion.

I know its not your full point, but mine is Fleury didnt lose this series.

There isn't a graph that shows "well wide" shots.

Just shows how thin the margin of error is for a goalie, and why we're all insane. If Fleury could have tightened down in game five (like he did in 3 and 4) the series dies there. Instead, there is some hiccup in his game and ones that angle alone should have been effective on go in.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have questioned King Henrik's playoff pedigree in the past, but I am now a believer. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have questioned King Henrik's playoff pedigree in the past, but I am now a believer. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Im still not there

what the fuck has he won (channelling my inner dabolts lol)

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a graph that shows "well wide" shots.

Just shows how thin the margin of error is for a goalie, and why we're all insane. If Fleury could have tightened down in game five (like he did in 3 and 4) the series dies there. Instead, there is some hiccup in his game and ones that angle alone should have been effective on go in.

I can't put this one on Fleury because the Pens only managed 3 goals in 180 minutes of hockey (games 5-6-7). That just isn't going to get it done. You have to score to win hockey games. The Pens powerplay and even strength play was pathetic in the last three games of this series, and that is what ultimately did them in. Not Fleury.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 straight game 7 wins. No goalie in NHL history has even done that.
Also 10-2 in games his team is facing elimination.
Not his fault we never scored in the playoffs, he has always carried us.
Ranger fans wanted him to steal a series, and this round, he did.
Now all he needs is the Cup.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 straight game 7 wins. No goalie in NHL history has even done that.
Also 10-2 in games his team is facing elimination.
Not his fault we never scored in the playoffs, he has always carried us.
Ranger fans wanted him to steal a series, and this round, he did.
Now all he needs is the Cup.
Impressive. :thumb:

On the flipside, 5 straight years of the Pens being eliminated by a lower-seeded opponent. :L

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so is Shero on the outs ?
what are the chances Pens are still interested in Kesler ?
Does the nature of this playoff exit increase the urgency to get him ?
Does the recovery of Letang mean Pens are more willing to part with Derrick Pouliot now ?