• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pitch Clock

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the comment I quoted you on DOES indeed begin with Nola shitting himself about the rule. Your words verbatim. "Fucking cunts screwed up our ace".
I quoted myself, retard. Look at the date of that post. Do you need help with the math?

The pitch clock has been a stupid idea since the first idiot uttered it years ago.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am essentially an anarchist when it comes to the flow of the game. I like the game to go at its own pace. Don’t pressure this. Don’t pressure that. Just let it do what it wants to do. But players (both pitchers and hitters) have become peacocks. So maybe implementing SOMETHING is not a bad idea. Either way, I don’t have a strong opinion, so I am good with either decision.

But in the universe where the pitch clock exists, I think more exceptions are probably needed. If a new ball is requested by the catcher or batter, “3” seconds should be added (whatever amount). If the pitcher requests a new ball, “4” seconds are added. If the pitched ball goes out of play, an additional “5” seconds are added. If a run is scored, “5” seconds are added. Etc, etc, etc. and again, whatever values are deemed appropriate is AOK by me. But having a foul ball have the same clock as a generic strike or ball doesn’t make sense to me.
Yeah I’m with you. I think this could be tweaked depending on situations like you outlined. That just seems like A LOT of work maybe make it easier to keep track. 7th or later with runners on base 5 seconds added to the pitch clock. We will know very soon what works and wha doesn’t. I just think in pressure situations the pitcher should not be rushed. I’m not sure what the rule is for pickoff moves or stepping off the rubber but this should be more lenient in those pressure situations. I am all for speeding up the game and hitters not having to wait forever but to a certain extent.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,868.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I’m with you. I think this could be tweaked depending on situations like you outlined. That just seems like A LOT of work maybe make it easier to keep track. 7th or later with runners on base 5 seconds added to the pitch clock. We will know very soon what works and wha doesn’t. I just think in pressure situations the pitcher should not be rushed. I’m not sure what the rule is for pickoff moves or stepping off the rubber but this should be more lenient in those pressure situations. I am all for speeding up the game and hitters not having to wait forever but to a certain extent.
Yeah it would be cool if years down the road they made changes possible in later innings like 7th on like you said I like that idea

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quoted myself, retard. Look at the date of that post. Do you need help with the math?

The pitch clock has been a stupid idea since the first idiot uttered it years ago.
Post 34. 7:43 am today. You posted that verbatim.
Post 38. 7:59 am today. My response.
Post 39 8:03 am today. Your retort.
Post 40. 9:34 am today. Me telling you that what you stated to me was contradictory to your own words and therefore reality because.....I'm sorry, I didn't invent the English language.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would also like to add in this FACT. Your very first post in this thread is today. Therefore, your insanely idiotic response to me about looking at the date is meaningless hyperbole designed to try and save face in the hopes of someone as stupid as you not actually fact checking what you are posting.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post 34. 7:43 am today. You posted that verbatim.
Post 38. 7:59 am today. My response.
Post 39 8:03 am today. Your retort.
Post 40. 9:34 am today. Me telling you that what you stated to me was contradictory to your own words and therefore reality because.....I'm sorry, I didn't invent the English language.
Try post 16. Lol what a dumb mother fucker. I never really thought you were this pathetic before.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also like to add in this FACT. Your very first post in this thread is today. Therefore, your insanely idiotic response to me about looking at the date is meaningless hyperbole designed to try and save face in the hopes of someone as stupid as you not actually fact checking what you are posting.
Lol he doubled down. So stupid.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More strategy added to the game, this is great. The shift rule and the pitch clock is great so far.

It’s hard enough hitting a 100 mph fastball. Imagine finally making contact roping a liner into right field and the 2nd baseman is waiting right there. This is great.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many stolen bases does it take to get the game back up to 3 hours?
Why would you want the average game to be 3 hours? Wasted time bc the 45 mins is just waiting. It isn’t hurting the quality of the game. You are just waiting longer in between pitches. I don’t miss the at bats where the batter steps out 3 times and the pitcher waits 30 seconds before stepping off the mound. This is a good step in reeling in the non-baseball fans with a more fast-paced gameplay. Baseball is my favorite sport and I can tell you this is great for the game, maybe some tweaks in later innings giving the pitcher more time.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,868.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the yankee game. I’m loving the speed of the game. This is what it’s all about

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,868.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I just thought of this. The nfl has a play clock where they need to get a play off in time. This is the same exact idea

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shift rule...

The shift rule is bailing out hitters with bad mechanics. If a hitter was worth a damn, he could easily stop the outfield from shifting on him. If a batter can't drop a bunt or turn their wrists to hit opposite field when there's a 75 foot gap, they deserve a low batting average.

It used to be something special to watch a runner steal and to watch a pitcher keep a runner close to first. Can't even do that anymore.

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the yankee game. I’m loving the speed of the game. This is what it’s all about

No, the speed of a baseball game is not what it's all about. It's about the pitchers, the fielders, the batters and the runners. We don't talk about how fast a game is played, we talk about the amazing plays and bloopers, how our team team won or lost.

And I just thought of this. The nfl has a play clock where they need to get a play off in time. This is the same exact idea

Football and baseball are two different sports. Where in football, one team can horde the clock, in baseball, both teams get the exact same number of outs per inning.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,868.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the speed of a baseball game is not what it's all about. It's about the pitchers, the fielders, the batters and the runners. We don't talk about how fast a game is played, we talk about the amazing plays and bloopers, how our team team won or lost.

Football and baseball are two different sports. Where in football, one team can horde the clock, in baseball, both teams get the exact same number of outs per inning.
But what I’m saying when it comes to the pitch clock is just like the play clock. Either pitch it in this amounted seconds on get penalized where in football snap it in amount of time or get penalized. Same idea

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what I’m saying when it comes to the pitch clock is just like the play clock. Either pitch it in this amounted seconds on get penalized where in football snap it in amount of time or get penalized. Same idea

Well fuck it then, any runner who advances to first base is sent directly to second. Do away with stealing all together. That'll speed up the game by cutting out throws to first and the runner dusting himself off. Better yet, turn the diamond into a triangle. It'll make the game go even faster. What? Not fast enough? Games will be reduced to 5 innings to cut the game in half. Just get it over with and bastardize the whole game.

The pitch clock in baseball is ignorant. Pitchers weren't sitting on the mound taking their sweet ass time. Like a whole whopping 20 minutes is going to double the number of baseball fans over night. You want to increase fans and attendance, lower your cost at a ballpark so a family of four doesn't need a second mortgage to go to a game.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,868.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fuck it then, any runner who advances to first base is sent directly to second. Do away with stealing all together. That'll speed up the game by cutting out throws to first and the runner dusting himself off. Better yet, turn the diamond into a triangle. It'll make the game go even faster. What? Not fast enough? Games will be reduced to 5 innings to cut the game in half. Just get it over with and bastardize the whole game.

The pitch clock in baseball is ignorant. Pitchers weren't sitting on the mound taking their sweet ass time. Like a whole whopping 20 minutes is going to double the number of baseball fans over night. You want to increase fans and attendance, lower your cost at a ballpark so a family of four doesn't need a second mortgage to go to a game.
I agree with you 100% they do need to lower the prices to go to games

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about rushing through as fast as possible. I bet these guys could do it in 15 seconds!