• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pissed off for Greatness

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my favorite things I ever heard was the speech Ray Lewis gave the Stanford basketball team before a big game. The famous Pissed off for Greatness speech.

Baseball is a daily grind and it can wear on some people more than others. The Giants have been going through a tough month here but I have had it with the press clips after the game of the players and Bochy talking. I see guys like Cain,Vogey, and Bumgarner talking about how they could of made a few better pitches here or there and shit I thought they pitched great. Anytime you go out and throw a quality game but the team gets shut out on fucking three hits I don't want the pitchers beating themselves up on TV anymore. At the same time when a pitcher gives up 5 runs in 5 innings I don't want to hear any excuses on a pitch here or there they COULD of made.

In sports you either get it done or you don't and in the Big Leagues you get a check each week to play a kids game. Players get a chance to live the dream everyday and that my friends is a blessing. I see hitters hem and haw postgame and tip their hats to opposing pitchers that have no business shutting them out on 3-5 lousy hits. I am fed up with the same old words each night with guys shrugging their shoulders the same way every day. I also see Bochy after bad losses lean back in his chair and look like a gang just beat his ass and took his wallet between the dugout and the clubhouse. Bochy also needs to sit up straight and get pissed sometimes. Sometimes you have to chew on some ass to get those ass's in gear. Sometimes it takes a little tough love to get your point across.

At some point you have to get pisssed off for greatness because it's a dog eat dog world and no one is going to throw you a bone out of pity especially in MLB. This is the BIGS ...the best of the best. Players have to challenge themselves to be better...to get better each day. You have to find angles and study tape ...whatever it takes to get it done and win. If you are not willing to go all in especially in a team sport and play for that man next to you and do everything you can then go play a individual sport and collect your 5th place finish and shrug your shoulders by yourself.

It's time for the Giants to get pissed off for Greatness. I know they can get it done.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

on youtube...

Pissed Off for Greatness (Motivational Speech)