• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick your 5 free agents....

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get to play GM what 5 are you choosing? I have a feeling most of us will have the same 4 out of 5.

1. Devin McCourty Safety
2. Byron Maxwell CB
3. Jason Worilds OLB
4. Orlando Franklin G/T
5. Davon House CB

I figure that would be about 38 mill against the cap

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are dreaming if you think you could sign those guys for 38. Try 48.

That's pretty much my exact list, but I see it as unrealistic to get more than a few. If you re-sign Maclin, you probably get one or two guys like that tops.

A more realistic scenario:

1) Re-sign Maclin
2) Sign Byron Maxwell (by overpaying)
3) Sign Jason Worilds
4) Use remaining cap money to extend Fletcher Cox and Mychal Kendricks

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No particular order

1. McCourty - safety
2. Maxwell - CB
3. Wisnewski - OG/C
4. Davon House - CB
5. Worlids - OLB

~ 45 million or so against the cap first year.

Additional one that is under the radar but is a Duck. Walter Thurman. I think we need a minimum of 4 corners between the draft and free agency

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maclin
Worilds
Franklin
Maxwell
McCourty

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get to play GM what 5 are you choosing? I have a feeling most of us will have the same 4 out of 5.

I think you are dreaming if you think you could sign those guys for 38. Try 48.

1. Devin McCourty Safety -10 mill per Current Cap hit is 5.1 mill
2. Byron Maxwell CB - 9 Mill per current cap hit is 673K
3. Jason Worilds OLB - 9 mill per current cap hit is 9.7 mill but he was Franchise tagged last year
4. Orlando Franklin G/T - 6 million per current cap hit 1.4 mill
5. Davon House CB - 4 mill per current cap hit is 720K

That is 38 mill Iggloo.....I have no idea where you get 48 mill unless you throw in Maclin, then you get 48. I think my numbers might actually be a bit high for House and Franklin.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McCourty, Maxwell, House and Franklin all take more than that.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McCourty, Maxwell, House and Franklin all take more than that.
Based on What??? Jarius Byrd signed a 6 yr 54 million contract last year his salary cap was 3.5 mill last year and this year it will be 5.5 mill

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles will spend big on D and use the draft to upgrade the O. I think one of Maxwell or House (no pun intended) is a must to start with ... then one of either McCourty or Rahim to take over for Nate Allen. Up front I think Worilds will be the main addition. I don't think we will spend big on a Guard like some expect ... I think that will come through the draft. It all starts with Maclin though ... if we goes elsewhere it will throw everything off a bit.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on What??? Jarius Byrd signed a 6 yr 54 million contract last year his salary cap was 3.5 mill last year and this year it will be 5.5 mill

Byrd's original cap hit for 2015 was $10.3 mil. His contract was just restructured to turn his $6 mil roster bonus into a restructure bonus, saving the Saints $4.8 mil. The Saints are desperate for cap savings & I doubt Philly wants to follow in their footsteps by pushing dead money down the road.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles will spend big on D and use the draft to upgrade the O. I think one of Maxwell or House (no pun intended) is a must to start with ... then one of either McCourty or Rahim to take over for Nate Allen. Up front I think Worilds will be the main addition. I don't think we will spend big on a Guard like some expect ... I think that will come through the draft. It all starts with Maclin though ... if we goes elsewhere it will throw everything off a bit.
REY that was fuckin Awesome Dude!!! MAXWELL HOUSE our Secondary is good to the last drop!!!! LOVE IT!

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byrd's original cap hit for 2015 was $10.3 mil. His contract was just restructured to turn his $6 mil roster bonus into a restructure bonus, saving the Saints $4.8 mil. The Saints are desperate for cap savings & I doubt Philly wants to follow in their footsteps by pushing dead money down the road.
Exactly, you know the Eagles aren't gonna have all their free agents with close to a double digit cap hit up front....They will spread that shit out.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, you know the Eagles aren't gonna have all their free agents with close to a double digit cap hit up front....They will spread that shit out.

My point is that originally, Byrd's cap hits were spread out. Now they are pushed further into his contract along with a lot of dead money. I doubt philly fans want their team to go down that path & end up screwed like the Saints. At best, you could maybe 2 of the guys mentioned in this thread.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that originally, Byrd's cap hits were spread out. Now they are pushed further into his contract along with a lot of dead money. I doubt philly fans want their team to go down that path & end up screwed like the Saints. At best, you could maybe 2 of the guys mentioned in this thread.
I understand your point. I think the Eagles will spread all 5 out a bit, however they can sustain a large hit upfront this year and I think they will make sure least 35 million of the 5 if not 40 million of the 5 is upfront because they can sustain that cap hit now, so why not do that. However I do not think these 5 will cost 48 million in cap space as Iggloo suggested.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Devin McCourty Safety
2. Byron Maxwell CB
3. Jason Worilds OLB
4. Orlando Franklin G/T
5. Davon House CB

I figure that would be about 38 mill against the cap
lol....put down the crack pipe, there's a bunch of teams, with a bunch of needs, with a bunch of money.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....put down the crack pipe, there's a bunch of teams, with a bunch of needs, with a bunch of money.
Fuck no, this is the time of year I smoke two crack pipes at one time! Beat it Foreskin!!!

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Resign Maclin
Buster Skrine
Stefen Wisniewski
Tyvon Branch
New contracts for Cox and Kendricks

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your point. I think the Eagles will spread all 5 out a bit, however they can sustain a large hit upfront this year and I think they will make sure least 35 million of the 5 if not 40 million of the 5 is upfront because they can sustain that cap hit now, so why not do that. However I do not think these 5 will cost 48 million in cap space as Iggloo suggested.

It would be better for long term if the contracts were slightly front loaded & not pushed into years 2 or 3. Technically, without counting in players you resign, you only have $43 mil in space after the draft pool money is added in. Because a third of the 2015 cap space comes from the $15 mil rolled over from 2014 cap, you are likely looking at drop in cap space of about $8+ mil in 2016. Meaning that if you spend all the way to your cap in 2015, you will have $8 mil less in room next season. And if you push money further into those years trying to save money upfront, you going to be in trouble when you have less space in 2016 than you currently have.

Tampabirdsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Maclin
2. Maxwell
3. Worilds
4. Searcy
5. House

With spending big money on Maxell and Worilds, plus a cb like House, making another big money acquisition like Mcourty is not necessary. We can still sign a nice S and the extra money can be better spent working on extentions for Cox and Kendricks.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCourty- #1 need by a fair amount.
Worilds
Maxwell- Need two cb's
House- Your other
Sergio Brown- Replaces Casey on ST and can play S. Cheap with upside.

Maclin may not be back. I think Chip loves Matthews and expects a big jump out of Huff. Seems crazy but so did DJax and Shady gone in two years.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCourty- #1 need by a fair amount.
Worilds
Maxwell- Need two cb's
House- Your other
Sergio Brown- Replaces Casey on ST and can play S. Cheap with upside.

Maclin may not be back. I think Chip loves Matthews and expects a big jump out of Huff. Seems crazy but so did DJax and Shady gone in two years.
Wiz many say Chip is like Belicheat and we know Belicheat does not value WR's, neither did Andy Reid.