• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick 7

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do have to wonder though as Andy Reid's team's have been very inconsistent early on in seasons. His first year with the Chiefs in 2013 they won the first 9 games of the season but then the next two seasons struggled big time out of the gate and got hot later in the year. I'll pick the Chiefs since they are at home but also wouldn't surprise me as they are still figuring some things out on the defensive side of the ball that the Chargers could make a game of it.
His teams dominate coming out of the bye week and finish strong, which helps to play them in KC week 1. Despite how bad the Chargers were in 2015, they gave KC a game in KC. The Chargers team is better this year, but I'm not sure if or how much better the Chiefs are. It'd still be a surprise to most if the Chargers pulled off the upset, not having to face Houston and Charles improves the odds.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His teams dominate coming out of the bye week and finish strong, which helps to play them in KC week 1. Despite how bad the Chargers were in 2015, they gave KC a game in KC. The Chargers team is better this year, but I'm not sure if or how much better the Chiefs are. It'd still be a surprise to most if the Chargers pulled off the upset, not having to face Houston and Charles improves the odds.

Honestly when I look at the Chiefs I see a team that I think looks better on offense and looks worse on defense. Offensively with some of the young recievers now having some time in the system I think they can find a good #2 WR. OL wise I think they will do pretty decent and Smith looks about as comfortable as he ever has in Reid's system. So I think they will easily be a top-10 offense if guys can stay healthy. Defensively though with Houston out for a while, Hali getting up in age, and Smith now gone to the Raiders I think the defense could have some struggles especially early in the year. So yeah you are getting them at the right time. I'll still pick the Chiefs but I think it will be a closer game than most think.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minn
KC
Cincy
Philly
GB
Sea
La

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll pick the Chiefs since they are at home but also wouldn't surprise me as they are still figuring some things out on the defensive side of the ball that the Chargers could make a game of it.
Literally nothing will surprise me when it comes to the NFL at this point. Chiefs pass rush and Chargers run defense are going to get the swing factors. Chargers were 31st against the rush last year according to footballoutsiders. So thats big.

Chiefs without J Houston is a big blow for sure. Dee Ford is getting really close to bust territory but March and Dadi might actually provide whats needed against most teams. IMO the big issue with the Chiefs when they are 100% healthy is that they struggle against real franchise QBs and Rivers is on that list so the Chargers have a chance to do some of the things that Brady did in the playoffs last year and Peyton did to the Chiefs before last year. Melvin Gordon is the big swing player. If the Chargers can become less reliant on Rivers then they have a shot at being pretty good.

I still like the Chiefs in the game but I think the 7pt favorite line probably is a bit much...should be more like 5pt favorite.

Car, KC, Oak, GB, Sea, NYG, LA

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Car @ Den
TB @ Atl
Minn @ Tenn
SD @ KC
Oak
@ NO
Cincy @ NYJ
Cle @ Philly
GB @ Jax
Buff @ Balt
Chi @ Hou
Mia @ Sea
NYG @ Dall
Det @ Indy
NE @ AZ
Pitt @ Wash
LA @ SF

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally nothing will surprise me when it comes to the NFL at this point. Chiefs pass rush and Chargers run defense are going to get the swing factors. Chargers were 31st against the rush last year according to footballoutsiders. So thats big.

Chiefs without J Houston is a big blow for sure. Dee Ford is getting really close to bust territory but March and Dadi might actually provide whats needed against most teams. IMO the big issue with the Chiefs when they are 100% healthy is that they struggle against real franchise QBs and Rivers is on that list so the Chargers have a chance to do some of the things that Brady did in the playoffs last year and Peyton did to the Chiefs before last year. Melvin Gordon is the big swing player. If the Chargers can become less reliant on Rivers then they have a shot at being pretty good.

I still like the Chiefs in the game but I think the 7pt favorite line probably is a bit much...should be more like 5pt favorite.

Agree with all of this. Like I said I still expect the Chiefs to win but it being a divisional game, Chiefs sometimes struggling out of the block, some injuries/getting players up to speed like Berry, and so on make me think this is a touchdown or less type game. I would honestly think about going and making that bet. 1st game of the season though I never like to go make any bets as it really is one of the crazier weeks of the season.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all of this. Like I said I still expect the Chiefs to win but it being a divisional game, Chiefs sometimes struggling out of the block, some injuries/getting players up to speed like Berry, and so on make me think this is a touchdown or less type game. I would honestly think about going and making that bet. 1st game of the season though I never like to go make any bets as it really is one of the crazier weeks of the season.
Week 1 is really the best gambling week in the NFL because its the best time to outsmart vegas IF you have a really good read on a team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 is really the best gambling week in the NFL because its the best time to outsmart vegas IF you have a really good read on a team.

True I just think that a lot of the top teams at the end of the year seem to start out slow. Such as the Chiefs last year starting out what 1-5 then winning 11 games in a row. Seattle starting out I think like 2-3. Just see it every year where some top teams come out a bit sluggish then wake up in time to make a nice run for the playoffs.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is, but that's a big IF.

The games that look enticing...The Jets are a home dog, Does MIA make SEA squirm a little...big # there

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm leaning this way, tho the Denver pick makes me a smidge nervous.

Den
Atl
KC
GB
Balt
Sea
Indy

I think you should be...lol that one is going to be very interesting...ATL got pushed around by TB LY, I kinda like them to respond...lot of negative chatter here about Ryan though...he needs to play well early.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly when I look at the Chiefs I see a team that I think looks better on offense and looks worse on defense. Offensively with some of the young recievers now having some time in the system I think they can find a good #2 WR. OL wise I think they will do pretty decent and Smith looks about as comfortable as he ever has in Reid's system. So I think they will easily be a top-10 offense if guys can stay healthy. Defensively though with Houston out for a while, Hali getting up in age, and Smith now gone to the Raiders I think the defense could have some struggles especially early in the year. So yeah you are getting them at the right time. I'll still pick the Chiefs but I think it will be a closer game than most think.

I'm thinking maybe the pass rush won't be as fierce w/o Houston, and as you say Hali getting older and maybe still logging starter mins...but they are getting better on the backend. IMO Alex is never going to push the envelope deep to often so the OFC might not live up to potential.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking maybe the pass rush won't be as fierce w/o Houston, and as you say Hali getting older and maybe still logging starter mins...but they are getting better on the backend. IMO Alex is never going to push the envelope deep to often so the OFC might not live up to potential.

Couple of things here

1) While Alex is never going to be known as that deep ball thrower he does seem more comfortable making that throw now than say 2 years ago. With Maclin and Kelce I think he feels a bit better about throwing up those 50/50 balls and trusting his player to make a play.

2) I'm not sure they are better on the back end of the defense. They lost Smith. While I don't think he will do as good in Oakland's system he was a great fit for what the Chiefs love to do. I would also point to the safety position. Berry hasn't played with the team all off season. Now while I think he knows the system the fact that they have so many young players in that secondary that he hasn't worked with yet could be a huge detriment to the communication early on in the season. You also worry about injuries for a player that has sat out for so long as we have seen so many of those players go down. Then finally I would say the safety depth isn't what it was last year. Maybe the young guys step up but last year the Chiefs had probably one of the deepest safety positions in the league. This year they have the starters and then a lot of question marks behind them.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2) I'm not sure they are better on the back end of the defense. They lost Smith. While I don't think he will do as good in Oakland's system he was a great fit for what the Chiefs love to do. I would also point to the safety position. Berry hasn't played with the team all off season. Now while I think he knows the system the fact that they have so many young players in that secondary that he hasn't worked with yet could be a huge detriment to the communication early on in the season. You also worry about injuries for a player that has sat out for so long as we have seen so many of those players go down. Then finally I would say the safety depth isn't what it was last year. Maybe the young guys step up but last year the Chiefs had probably one of the deepest safety positions in the league. This year they have the starters and then a lot of question marks behind them.
My guess is that the secondary is better than what it was at the beginning of last year and better than it was in the playoffs but not as good/prepared/stable as it was in the middle of the year

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Car @ Den
TB @ Atl
Minn @ Tenn
SD @ KC
Oak @ NO
Cincy @ NYJ
Cle @ Philly
GB @ Jax
Buff @ Balt
Chi @ Hou
Mia @ Sea
NYG @ Dall
Det @ Indy
NE @ AZ
Pitt @ Wash
LA @ SF
Balt, Hou, Sea, Indy, ... It gets really tough after these 4
GB, AZ, Cincy

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that the secondary is better than what it was at the beginning of last year and better than it was in the playoffs but not as good/prepared/stable as it was in the middle of the year

I guess I am one of those that I need to see it to believe it. I see a lot of youth in that secondary paired with what looks like a much less scary pass rush getting after the QB. Can lead to some explosive plays for an offense. Maybe the youth shows up well but just need to see it to believe it. I have the same mentality for the Raiders and that defense with all the new pieces. On paper they look like they should be a better unit but they got used and abused all preseason. They lost one-on-one battles left and right. So I'm not exactly a believer in their new defense yet. For the Broncos I believe the offensive line should be better but still need to see it on the field as sometimes that chemistry takes longer than people want to believe.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rivers has been horrible vs KC over the last 2 years since Whiz left. Hopefully him being back can change that struggle. Chargers being able to stop the run is very important especially against a team like KC. This could be another 10-3 ugly type of game, or it has a chance to be a shootout similar to the game these teams played in KC in 2013. I obviously want a SD win, but I'm hoping for them to at least keep it close.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things here

1) While Alex is never going to be known as that deep ball thrower he does seem more comfortable making that throw now than say 2 years ago. With Maclin and Kelce I think he feels a bit better about throwing up those 50/50 balls and trusting his player to make a play.

Smith...I think might take a few more shots with Maclin 1 on 1, Kelce is his trusted RZ target, but we'll have to see...if a S is looming, he typically won't take the risk.

DBs...Idk who the slot is, but Gaines and Peters I would take, and I'm not too worried about Berry, Parker...what happens when they go nickel, etc. we'll have to see....I like their back 4 though.