• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Phillies at Rangers (3/31-4/2)

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First series thread of the season. Hopefully Texas can at least just win two of these and get the season off to a solid start.

The long awaited season is here! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First series thread of the season. Hopefully Texas can at least just win two of these and get the season off to a solid start.

The long awaited season is here! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Alright Rev, get us started off on the right foot! You know, of course, if they sweep Philly that you're in charge of starting all series threads until otherwise stated.

Let's get this season started!! :yahoo:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright Rev, get us started off on the right foot! You know, of course, if they sweep Philly that you're in charge of starting all series threads until otherwise stated.

Let's get this season started!! :yahoo:

Conversely, if it goes the other way, I am banned from starting new threads.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I have a warm and fuzzy feeling about this team right now. So 2 out of 3 would be really nice. RW still not sure who will play 2nd or DH.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, can't say I didn't see that coming...

Last edited by a moderator:

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players are gonna report to the ballpark in an hour... Opening Day is here!

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RW you choad put choice in.

Also, good to know EA is pitching with a sore arm and all. The perfect remedy

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would favor Choice at DH, but there is also some potential upside in letting Moreland face Lee -- if Mitch gets a knock or three.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd heard this morning that the 2B from the Cubs was starting today. Plus why wouldn't you start Choice against a lefty?!?!?!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that bitching about Wash and second guessing his lineups is a favorite pass time among many Rangers fans, but the decision to give Mitch the start today is not unambiguously the "wrong" decision.

Here is a a snippet from a piece on MLB.com a week ago:

"SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Mitch Moreland had a two-run single in a five-run sixth inning that helped the Rangers rally for a 6-2 victory over the Athletics on Monday.
Moreland was in the lineup for the first time since March 18 after missing time because of a strained left oblique muscle. He was 2-for-3 with a walk and the sixth-inning single was off left-hander Joe Savery. Moreland is 5-for-11 off left-handers this spring.
"Yeah, I'm feeling good," Moreland said. "I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. I had nine at-bats last night and then played today. I'm feeling good and need to finish up spring strong. I didn't really felt like I got behind. It was a few days, and I stayed with my work. I didn't miss a whole lot on the field other than the games."
Added manager Ron Washington: "It's significant he's having good at-bats against everybody but it is significant he's handling left-handers. His approach has been good. He's not stepping in the bucket, he is staying in there pretty good.""

Joe Savery is obviously not Cliff Lee, but I'm hoping that Mitch gets a hit or three off of Lee.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That makes no sense at all. What is the point of having your hottest bat who is RH sitting on the bench against a LH pitcher. It is just common sense. Even if MM or Martin go crazy I still cannot agree with it. Same goes with Murphy not playing. It's not like Andrus has been out there a lot playing with Wilson.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why Moreland against a LH? WHY??????

I thought Moreland was supposed to platoon at DH....... FML.

I bet he goes 0 for 4 with 2 K's

:scratch:

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that bitching about Wash and second guessing his lineups is a favorite pass time among many Rangers fans, but the decision to give Mitch the start today is not unambiguously the "wrong" decision.

Here is a a snippet from a piece on MLB.com a week ago:

"SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Mitch Moreland had a two-run single in a five-run sixth inning that helped the Rangers rally for a 6-2 victory over the Athletics on Monday.
Moreland was in the lineup for the first time since March 18 after missing time because of a strained left oblique muscle. He was 2-for-3 with a walk and the sixth-inning single was off left-hander Joe Savery. Moreland is 5-for-11 off left-handers this spring.
"Yeah, I'm feeling good," Moreland said. "I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. I had nine at-bats last night and then played today. I'm feeling good and need to finish up spring strong. I didn't really felt like I got behind. It was a few days, and I stayed with my work. I didn't miss a whole lot on the field other than the games."
Added manager Ron Washington: "It's significant he's having good at-bats against everybody but it is significant he's handling left-handers. His approach has been good. He's not stepping in the bucket, he is staying in there pretty good.""

Joe Savery is obviously not Cliff Lee, but I'm hoping that Mitch gets a hit or three off of Lee.

You know what? That's not a bad point...Choice should be playing center field in place of Martin as bad a spring he has had

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Mitch have an amazing spring? I've kinda been out of the loop in terms of details of each player on the team. I can't say I agree with this decision especially given the struggle the team is probably going to experience really early this season with all the injuries etc. But Wash likes to give the nod to the "veterans" especially on a day like opening day something similar Wash did last season with Harrison starting game 1.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what? That's not a bad point...Choice should be playing center field in place of Martin as bad a spring he has had

I agree. If that is the logic for MM then why is that logic not applied to Choice.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Mitch have an amazing spring? I've kinda been out of the loop in terms of details of each player on the team. I can't say I agree with this decision especially given the struggle the team is probably going to experience really early this season with all the injuries etc. But Wash likes to give the nod to the "veterans" especially on a day like opening day something similar Wash did last season with Harrison starting game 1.

Is Mitch considered a veteran? I thought he was still on his rookie contract.