• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phil Jackson: Hurting Knicks?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a HUGE Knicks fan but I just can't wrap my head around Phil Jackson being on vacation while top notch coaches are interviewing/signing elsewhere. I also don't get this whole attitude he has where the coach HAS to run principles of the triangle offense. Kind of limits our choices of coaches, no?

I think he is a better coach than management material but I don't follow the Knicks that much to be honest

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Shaq made a Finals appearance with Orlando before being coached by Phil Jackson.
I think you are right, but he still won zero - just as the others won nothing.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't really believe in him though. He compared him to Shawn Bradley of all people (their skillset isn't even close so did he really even watch him play?). He fell to them and they just made the pick. If you want to give him props for taking him over someone like Frank Kaminsky, sure, I guess he made the right call. But I'm not really willing to give a guy major props drafting a guy in the Top 5 when pretty much everyone had him projected in the Top 5.

Really -- everyone projected that ?

I thought drafting Porz with the #4 pick was a "disgrace of the highest order".

Krispy Treat

3-6 Latvia
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't that Steven A. ??

Fuck Steven A.

I don't know why anyone would watch Disney ESPN in general. You're much better off doing research on your own and learn about the game instead of listening to knuckleheads all day talking gibberish.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why anyone would watch Disney ESPN in general. You're much better off doing research on your own and learn about the game instead of listening to knuckleheads all day talking gibberish.

:agree:

I don't watch that crap...haven't in a long time....but I did see his tweet on draft day.

:tsk:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen the shit they air on TNT with Barkley and Shaq. Those two faggots are worse

Krispy Treat

3-6 Latvia
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen the shit they air on TNT with Barkley and Shaq. Those two faggots are worse

I think they're funny though lol. They just poke fun at themselves. Shaq just talk about barbecue chicken all the time, Barkley with his stutters, and Earnie as the cool white guy. Shaqtin A' Fool is the best part of TNT NBA. But I understand why some might hate them :heh:

Last edited:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they're funny. They don't try and act superior and uptight like ESPN. Shaq just talk about barbecue chicken all the time, Barkley with his stutters, and Earnie as the cool white guy. Shaqtin A' Fool is the best part of TNT NBA. But I understand why some might hate them :heh:
Oh, they are funny as hell, but they are also dumber than horses. None of them know basketball that well. Just saying - But I get the time warner channel with James Worthy, Robert Horry and the other guy - much more professional and knowledgeable. Last week Barkley was suggesting that the losers "take some one out" as in physically assaulting the other team for playing well. Just stupid

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they're funny though lol. They just poke fun at themselves. Shaq just talk about barbecue chicken all the time, Barkley with his stutters, and Earnie as the cool white guy. Shaqtin A' Fool is the best part of TNT NBA. But I understand why some might hate them :heh:

Oh, they are funny as hell, but they are also dumber than horses. None of them know basketball that well. Just saying - But I get the time warner channel with James Worthy, Robert Horry and the other guy - much more professional and knowledgeable. Last week Barkley was suggesting that the losers "take some one out" as in physically assaulting the other team for playing well. Just stupid

That's the best NBA show on....other than NBA TV.

btw: Kenny the Jet Smith is being considered for the Rockets Head coaching job...
I think he's getting interviewed today, or maybe he already had it??

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think he's done about as good of a job as one can do given his situation. The GM before him botched so many things it left him in a tough spot. No 2014 1st round pick(Carmelo deal), no 2016 1st round pick(Bargnani deal). From a player personnel standpoint, I think he's been pretty good. Carmelo is the main reason this team sucks IMO, he's overrated as hell. Game up the farm for him, signed him to a max extension and hasn't proved to be worth it at all.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Flip draft a rookie EVERYONE was skeptical about and he's one of the gems of the 2015 draft? Thread should be.. "How long has Carmelo hurt the Knicks?"

da phuc.jpg

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to take a stab at how many rings PJ has?

And you question this man.. :dhd: