• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Carroll says Seahawks won't suffer 'fallout' from winning SuperBowl

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,718.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than 12 hours after winning the Super Bowl, Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll already was talking about getting started on next season.

"The first meeting that we'll have will be tomorrow. ... Our guys would be surprised if we didn't," Carroll said Monday morning. "We really have an eye on what's coming, and we don't dwell on what just happened. We'll take this in stride."

He appeared at a news conference at a Manhattan hotel with linebacker Malcolm Smith, the MVP of Seattle's 43-8 victory over Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos on Sunday night.

Carroll oversees a team with the fourth-youngest roster for a Super Bowl champion, with an average age of 26 years, 175 days. The youngest champs ever were the Pittsburgh Steelers who won the 1975 Super Bowl, and they collected a second consecutive title the next year.

Source: ESPN

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right get back on the horse WE ARE GOING BACK!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're just getting started. We will lose some to FA this year, but as proved last year, other FAs are willing to take less than max money deals to come here and play for superbowls and for these coaches.

Last edited by a moderator:

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is will tate, Rice both or either be back, and how the Dline will look next year and will Seattle finally find some more oline help to make sure Wilson is not the most pressured QB next season. Those are the only things stopping us from being SuperBowl threat next year. (man getting though the NFC West, wow that's going to be brutal)

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is will tate, Rice both or either be back, and how the Dline will look next year and will Seattle finally find some more oline help to make sure Wilson is not the most pressured QB next season. Those are the only things stopping us from being SuperBowl threat next year. (man getting though the NFC West, wow that's going to be brutal)

Doug Baldwin is a FA too. Between him, tate and rice it will be interesting to see whos brought back. (my pref Baldwin and Tate, although i wonder how much of a discount rice would give to get a chance to be back with this squad)

Michael Bennett imo is job one. must get him back.

Hauschka needs to be brought back as well.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Baldwin is a FA too. Between him, tate and rice it will be interesting to see whos brought back. (my pref Baldwin and Tate, although i wonder how much of a discount rice would give to get a chance to be back with this squad)

I think Tate will be offered lots of money somewhere else and way more than he's worth. Seattle will not match it. He's a nice #2, but he's not a true #1 WO/jump ball threat like Rice. But Tate is very useful at times and can make big plays. I'd hate to see him go, but I think it's also a tough call, because with Harvin out there, him and Baldwin would overlap a lot. Too much. Baldwin could easily end up the one gone instead. Going to be interesting to see how it goes with those two.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cool thing is this year we are going to see who they value and how far they are going to go for them, While maintaining the bank for next years class as Wilson, Okneng (sp) and Sherman. Also I look forward to seeing if this GM and Coach can draft star players on Offense as the D is all most perfect. Most drafts have been D heave now I want to see if they go for the offense or pick backups for starters to say hey we are willing to let these guys leave next year. Fun time.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rice is done with this team. I'm not sure it would be worth it to restructure his deal at this point and his injury was about halfway through the season. I've read his dead money hit isn't going to be that much. He may not even be ready to play for any team starting the 2014 season. And could only be available for half or very little of 2014.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cool thing is this year we are going to see who they value and how far they are going to go for them, While maintaining the bank for next years class as Wilson, Okneng (sp) and Sherman. Also I look forward to seeing if this GM and Coach can draft star players on Offense as the D is all most perfect. Most drafts have been D heave now I want to see if they go for the offense or pick backups for starters to say hey we are willing to let these guys leave next year. Fun time.

Player poll prior to the SB win Carroll won where most players want to play for and now with a SB team players are looking to come to Seattle plus Paul Allen is known to give big bonuses.

We have some great years to look forward to 12th man.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice is gone and we all know that. Tate is likely gone, but who knows. We can't throw silly money at him just because he returns punts and at times has made a good catch or two. If he excelled at either or both maybe, but he doesn't so the question is can you find someone who can fill in his roll for less and I think you likely can.

The FA I'm watching is Bennett. Really like to see them do something to lock him back up for at least another year or two if at all possible.

The road back to the SB will go as our pass rush goes. That defense feasted all year off being able to rush 4 and not have to blitz. When you combine their size and speed with a 4 man rush that gets sacks and hurries you have the blueprint for a winning unit for years to come. Now go out and find a way to keep those key pieces or get busy on replacements right now.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll keep Bennett as I feel he's the most important FA right now. Besides letting Rice go, McDaniel will also free up a little bit of cash (Jesse Williams and Jordan Hill will do fine) so it should be doable. Not sure about Tate. As somebody else mentioned already, another team will probably offer him more than he's worth and force our hand. As much as I like him, he's probably gone. Baldwin needs to be resigned, but I dont it'll take a lot to match what others will offer him. I've never liked Giacomini, but he does bring that bully attitude to the line. Eh, let him go too. We can live without him. Hauschka needs resigned. He was gold for us this year. I dont know. Should be interesting.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll keep Bennett as I feel he's the most important FA right now. Besides letting Rice go, McDaniel will also free up a little bit of cash (Jesse Williams and Jordan Hill will do fine) so it should be doable. Not sure about Tate. As somebody else mentioned already, another team will probably offer him more than he's worth and force our hand. As much as I like him, he's probably gone. Baldwin needs to be resigned, but I dont it'll take a lot to match what others will offer him. I've never liked Giacomini, but he does bring that bully attitude to the line. Eh, let him go too. We can live without him. Hauschka needs resigned. He was gold for us this year. I dont know. Should be interesting.

I find my self agreeing with you. I really hate seeing McDaniel going , because he turn in to such a awesome signing, but he most likely will be a cap causally, and like you said Jesse Williams is there to take his spot.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like our entire draft class last year was stashed away and never used. If any of them can step in and produce its going to take the sting out of losing free agents. Hill, Williams, and Simon could all replace someone.