• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perrish Cox

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice, but at this point Cox would be somewhat of a luxury. I'd be willing to take my chances with Hall/Amerson in the slot.

It would be nice, but not going to lose sleep over it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they didnt think he could help at this point he wouldnt be coming in I would guess. So another corner, two safeties, a starting RT, and RG and we could actually go into the draft with mind set of we can draft whom ever we wish with no regard for position.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Solid
If they didnt think he could help at this point he wouldnt be coming in I would guess. So another corner, two safeties, a starting RT, and RG and we could actually go into the draft with mind set of we can draft whom ever we wish with no regard for position.
:lol:

Cott damn Party Pooper <sticks tongue out at Ya>

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cox is a nickel corner breeland and culliver would be are starters i seen some tweets sayin cox is 90 percent sure he will be a redskins

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Shark. As I see it, we need:

Another CB
FS
SS
RG
RT
3rd down RB
OLB

I am thinking we will draft an OLB with our 5th pick as Fowler will probably be the BPA and he would address a major need as well. We could then truly "build through the draft" as we would draft regardless of position in the draft.

I guess my question is, how much money do we have left? We have done a tremendous job of spreading out the cap so far, and I would hope we continue to do the same. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we sign Jeron Johnson at SS. I think the visit on Sunday locks that up in all honesty. The deal should be reasonable given that he has been a career backup.

I do want us to sign Ron Parker to play FS, but it should cost us a decent amount. He would be fantastic. It might be a tight squeeze if the rumors of Cox being "90%" ready to sign with the Skins are correct. I also read that Barksdale and Bell will probably come in for a visit for the RT opening. We would have to cut Chester in order to get the space available. If those things happen, which we know some of them will, then we are looking at:

CB = Cox
FS = Parker
SS = Johnson
RG = draft (2nd round hopefully)
RT = Barksdale or Bell
3rd down RB = (3rd round in draft or later round)
OLB = draft (1st round pick)

This would be the most solid team we have had in a while. The signings would be for talented, younger players for a change. I am just not sure we have the cap space to get the Parker, Cox, Johnson, Barksdale/Bell signings done. If the GM feels we need these 5 guys, I support him and we should be able to find a way to get the deals done.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my question is, how much money do we have left? We have done a tremendous job of spreading out the cap so far, and I would hope we continue to do the same.

As it stands right now

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke... according to Over the Cap, we have a little under $12 million in cap space at the moment. How ever we have a few moves that Could and SHOULD be made to free up any where between another $4 and $20 million between cuts that are needed, restructures that can be done, and two extensions I hope they do soon ( Trent and Ryan).

The way I would try and do it we end up with around $30 million in cap space now, and $30 million next year with only 3 players on the roster being what i would consider uncutable due to cap costs.

But thats just me.

Cali, that $15 million likely doesnt take into account the Culliver deal which is $4.25 million this year.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why have we not cut Chester? That gets us 4 million immediately. Cut Golston and Polumbus and we should easily be able to sign at least Johnson, Parker and Cox. We could sign Bell or Barksdale depending upon the price as well. That should leave us with space to sign all draft picks as well.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I most definitely defer to your cap knowledge Shark :nod:.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark-

Do you feel good about the signing of Johnson? Do you think we could/should target a FS like Parker?

I honestly think we can completely rebuild the secondary this offseason. Also, thoughts on shoring up that RT spot?

You and I both favor building through the draft, but I was curious your thoughts on what we could/should do in the rest of FA.
I agree. Theres no tackle, leaping to mind, worth the 5th overall pick. There are a lot of solid ones available in those two rounds.

As it stands right now

Duke... according to Over the Cap, we have a little under $12 million in cap space at the moment. How ever we have a few moves that Could and SHOULD be made to free up any where between another $4 and $20 million between cuts that are needed, restructures that can be done, and two extensions I hope they do soon ( Trent and Ryan).

The way I would try and do it we end up with around $30 million in cap space now, and $30 million next year with only 3 players on the roster being what i would consider uncutable due to cap costs.

But thats just me.

Cali, that $15 million likely doesnt take into account the Culliver deal which is $4.25 million this year.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dropping Porter would save us quite a bit from what I saw.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why have we not cut Chester? That gets us 4 million immediately. Cut Golston and Polumbus and we should easily be able to sign at least Johnson, Parker and Cox. We could sign Bell or Barksdale depending upon the price as well. That should leave us with space to sign all draft picks as well.

Because as much as we lambast him as fans, the reality is, you dont drive your car off a cliff because you dont like it unless you have a way home already lined up. The fact that Chester has not been cut tells me that more than one coach thinks Lerbieus and maybe even Long are at best not ready, and at worst a waste of a roster spot.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke, you havent been around the past few weeks. I would be damn near thrilled with taking Peat or Schreff at #5. I realize we could get a playmaker for the defense there, but I think a solid 7-10 year starter at OT or OG would go alot farther to fix this team, even if the world thinks we reached a little.

As for FA's available, I will admit, I have been a bit over swamped at work so I havent had my usual time to dig into what available and who I think would work. So Im trusting our New GM on that one for the moment. Im just glad we have not been the team setting the market for once.

I did want to see us keep Rak. But even I can admit that for what he got paid, it was a little to rich for my blood. I wish him well, but ultimately I think we can be better without him at that price.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cali... Hopefully Porter is nothing more than a camp body at this point.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
means we dont have a replacement in mind yet. YET.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark-

Do you feel good about the signing of Johnson? Do you think we could/should target a FS like Parker?

I honestly think we can completely rebuild the secondary this offseason. Also, thoughts on shoring up that RT spot?

You and I both favor building through the draft, but I was curious your thoughts on what we could/should do in the rest of FA.

Duke... I think the rest of FA should be about targeting younger players with an ability to start so that we dont go into the draft needing to find a starter. Now odds are we wont find the O-line help we really need in FA at this point. But if we cover safety, OLB and Corner depth in FA... I think we can find long term starters for RT and RG in the first three rounds of the draft. then next year worst case we are looking for a QB and a starting safety for the long term.

And best case either Kirk or Bob is worth resigning and we are suddenly worth watching past thanksgiving again. :)

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dropping Porter would save us quite a bit from what I saw.

Really? Allen actually gave that guy a big deal? What an idiot.

I really thought after Culliver that we were done with corners. But there is no way you can count on Hall returning to form and in this pass happy league you gotta have cover guys. So if they can afford it I love this idea of signing Cox. But we still need help at our 2 biggest weaknesses.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Allen actually gave that guy a big deal? What an idiot.

I really thought after Culliver that we were done with corners. But there is no way you can count on Hall returning to form and in this pass happy league you gotta have cover guys. So if they can afford it I love this idea of signing Cox. But we still need help at our 2 biggest weaknesses.

From Keim

Are they done at corner?

I don’t think so. One source said the Redskins have told people they planned to sign two corners this offseason. They already met with Cox, but he also has visited Cleveland and is in Tennessee on Friday, with another unnamed team also interested. The Redskins wanted to bring in Brandon Browner on Thursday, but he signed instead with New Orleans. If they sign another corner, I’d imagine they would cut Tracy Porter. It wouldn’t make much sense to keep him -- and they could save $2,328,175 against the salary cap.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting Porter is the easiest decision this team will make. Just waiting for the right time I would think

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting Porter is the easiest decision this team will make. Just waiting for the right time I would think
I think so too. As soon as they have a viable replacement in hand I would think. Seems too expensive to have hang around. :noidea: But others know the $$ sitch far better than me.