• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perhaps FBS teams playing FCS teams is now the norm (or I was wrong)

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not.

That is my whole point. The P5 schools have the luxury of playing in a strong conference so they can essentially have a pre season to help them prepare for conference play.

G5 schools on the other hand play in a weak conference so they have to play a tough schedule in order to even be considered for a big bowl or ranking. In these games, they have a number of injuries which makes it less likely that they will have a strong season.

The cards are stacked against them from the start. It's what I 've been saying all along.

How is being graced with an easy schedule having the cards stacked against them?

Seems to me all the teams who play the tougher schedules are the ones that have the cards stacked against them.

On top of that, it's generally easy for them to get the games - if they really want them because so many top schools want to bring in G5 games for a payday/win.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ people who cry about playing FCS schools. Because playing Ball State is so much better than playing James Madison.

The whole "your creampuffs are creampuffier than our creampuffs" argument is a stupid one.

They're both creampuffs. WTF is the difference? Its not like your really bad division I opponents had a snowball's chance in hell of beating you either. What matters of course is how many good teams you play. Those CAN actually beat you. A schedule of #1-#6 and then six I-AA teams *yes I know that's not possible* would be a lot tougher than a schedule of 12 middle of the pack Division I teams. Why? Because the first one is likely to result in 6 losses! The second of those schedules is likely to result in a really good record if not an undefeated record.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is being graced with an easy schedule having the cards stacked against them?

Seems to me all the teams who play the tougher schedules are the ones that have the cards stacked against them.

On top of that, it's generally easy for them to get the games - if they really want them because so many top schools want to bring in G5 games for a payday/win.

Because having an easy schedule that they can't do anything about is the excuse that the BCS will always used to exclude them from a playoff.

It's a trap. G5 teams are told they are eligible for the playoff but they are stuck in a weak conference and they will never be allowed to be in a playoff with a weak schedule. So by default, they are not eligible for the playoff.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because having an easy schedule that they can't do anything about is the excuse that the BCS will always used to exclude them from a playoff.

It's a trap. G5 teams are told they are eligible for the playoff but they are stuck in a weak conference and they will never be allowed to be in a playoff with a weak schedule. So by default, they are not eligible for the playoff.
Except they can do something about their OOC schedule but teams like UCF have no desire to toughen it up but still cry that the deck is stacked against them.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except they can do something about their OOC schedule but teams like UCF have no desire to toughen it up but still cry that the deck is stacked against them.

UCF may not want to and I don't know why. My guess is that they know what I already suspect................that they still wouldn't make it.

I cannot believe for the life of me that the P5 would ever allow a G5 school to compete in a playoff.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF may not want to and I don't know why. My guess is that they know what I already suspect................that they still wouldn't make it.

I cannot believe for the life of me that the P5 would ever allow a G5 school to compete in a playoff.
So rather than do something that might get them invited they will do something they know will not get them invited.

giphy.gif

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So rather than do something that might get them invited they will do something they know will not get them invited.

giphy.gif

Quit drinking the Kool Aid. They aren't ever going to get invited. The know this and will not bend over backwards because the P5 lovers want to pretend they still have a shot.

It's like the Nazis telling the Jews if they work harder, they will be freed. It's a complete lie.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit drinking the Kool Aid. They aren't ever going to get invited. The know this and will not bend over backwards because the P5 lovers want to pretend they still have a shot.

It's like the Nazis telling the Jews if they work harder, they will be freed. It's a complete lie.
So rather than try and prove it’s fixed, they should schedule as weak as possible and scream conspiracy while wearing their tin foil hats.
giphy.gif

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So rather than try and prove it’s fixed, they should schedule as weak as possible and scream conspiracy while wearing their tin foil hats.
giphy.gif

It's called standing by your principles. Why play this game where you do everything they as you to do when you know they aren't going to let you in.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called standing by your principles. Why play this game where you do everything they as you to do when you know they aren't going to let you in.
And we will never know if you are right or I am because UCF is a bunch of pussies who think that P5’s need them.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we will never know if you are right or I am because UCF is a bunch of pussies who think that P5’s need them.

No I think we will find out eventually. Maybe not UCF but some other team will go undefeated with a good OOC schedule and once again people will say it wasn't good enough or that their conference is weak and they won't get invited.

That's the beauty of the BCS. They don't have to defend their decisions because the Kool Aid drinkers will do it for them.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I think we will find out eventually. Maybe not UCF but some other team will go undefeated with a good OOC schedule and once again people will say it wasn't good enough or that their conference is weak and they won't get invited.

That's the beauty of the BCS. They don't have to defend their decisions because the Kool Aid drinkers will do it for them.
And UCF appreciates the tin foil hats support.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And UCF appreciates the tin foil hats support.

This year Boise St. had the 53rd toughest schedule in the country. If they had gone undefeated, would they have made the playoff?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year Boise St. had the 53rd toughest schedule in the country. If they had gone undefeated, would they have made the playoff?
According to Sagarin’s they have the 68th toughest schedule and I imagine it would take some sort of hit for a team like Ok State being sub .500 but there would be a chance.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They can do something about it, but they don't.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been worried about Alabama next year making the playoffs because we have Duke as our premiere OOC team and that team is better than any team UCF has played in the regular season lately.

It's a clear case of people wanting to create a double standard.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can do something about it, but they don't.

Put a number on it. How good does their schedule have to be in order to get in if they go undefeated or lose one game.

Top 10? Top 25? Top 50?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been worried about Alabama next year making the playoffs because we have Duke as our premiere OOC team and that team is better than any team UCF has played in the regular season lately.

It's a clear case of people wanting to create a double standard.
They finally have a team with a pulse in Stanford on the slate for next year. Then another decade of garbage.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put a number on it. How good does their schedule have to be in order to get in if they go undefeated or lose one game.

Top 10? Top 25? Top 50?

Same as anyone else...depends on the year.