• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perfecto Anniversary

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was there, and that was the most nervewracking Mariners game I've watched since the final 3 games of the '95 series against the Yankees. I wanted that perfecto so bad that I was pacing out on the upper concourse in the late innings and watching the game on one of the TVs they have out there. By about the 7th inning, I was starting to countdown the outs he had left and saying, "C'mon Felix... just 8 more outs... just 7 more outs... you got this..". I think part of what made me so nervous about Felix' perfecto was that not only did he have a perfect game on the line, he had to do try to get it with the pressure of having the slimmest lead possible. All it would have taken was one mistake and not only would the perfecto have been gone, but also the lead. Having said that, that's what made his performance that much more impressive once it was over.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was there, and that was the most nervewracking Mariners game I've watched since the final 3 games of the '95 series against the Yankees. I wanted that perfecto so bad that I was pacing out on the upper concourse in the late innings and watching the game on one of the TVs they have out there. By about the 7th inning, I was starting to countdown the outs he had left and saying, "C'mon Felix... just 8 more outs... just 7 more outs... you got this..". I think part of what made me so nervous about Felix' perfecto was that not only did he have a perfect game on the line, he had to do try to get it with the pressure of having the slimmest lead possible. All it would have taken was one mistake and not only would the perfecto have been gone, but also the lead. Having said that, that's what made his performance that much more impressive once it was over.
I think the close game had a lot to do with his performance. He excels at that spotlight kind of pressure. I also think the anxiety you and all of us had is what makes the payoff so much more memorable. You're so nervous and anxious for so long, counting down the outs and analyzing pitch by pitch that when you finally get there all the pressure being lifted is amazing

dumbrabbit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still hate the fact that I was on a bus to a school camp that day when I found out he was pitching a perfect game.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friend took his class to watch Felix's perfecto.

His principal made him take his class back on the bus to go home in the bottom of the 9th. He was pissed.

I have it on my DVR still, and watch it from time to time. Amazing. That is all.