• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2018 Recruiting Thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micah back on campus this week, sounds like he is trying to mend some fences. He has now pissed off both OSU and PSU staffs and has gotten a CB to Nebraska. Super talent, hopefully he can humble himself this weekend and we press again going forward.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micah back on campus this week, sounds like he is trying to mend some fences. He has now pissed off both OSU and PSU staffs and has gotten a CB to Nebraska. Super talent, hopefully he can humble himself this weekend and we press again going forward.

Do you think we land at least 1 of Parsons, Oweh, or Smith? It seemed like it was between OSU and PSU for all 3. This made me optimistic that even we would get at least 1 because I doubt OSU has room for all 3. Now with the Nebraska CB I don't know what to think anymore.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we get Smith or Oweh and will know what's up with Parsons after this weekend. I am guessing Franklin lays it all out for him and tells him enough of the circus if he wants in. We are in good shape with smith and oweh and think we get one of them. I'd love to get parsons if his head is on straight, but with the talent we are pulling in, no need to blow up locker room for any one player. If our class and staff all feel he fits then press, if not, let someone else have the headache

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we get Smith or Oweh and will know what's up with Parsons after this weekend. I am guessing Franklin lays it all out for him and tells him enough of the circus if he wants in. We are in good shape with smith and oweh and think we get one of them. I'd love to get parsons if his head is on straight, but with the talent we are pulling in, no need to blow up locker room for any one player. If our class and staff all feel he fits then press, if not, let someone else have the headache

If the fans chant Water Boy Water Boy I bet we land him.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Franklin and the staff take all 3 of Parsons, Oweh, and Smith if they all wanted in? Would leave us with 7 DL in this class (which is not a bad thing in my mind because D line is rotated frequently). Do they have enough room to squeeze all those guys in and still take Walker? Seems like they could all chose PSU at this point. Oweh seemed to really love his visit yesterday and Wiltfong put in a CB for Smith to PSU after it was nothing but OSU for a long time, seems like things may be shifting. I don't think anyone knows what Parsons will do at this point, lots of cloudy CB picks have been coming in for him. Also saw an Enis cloudy CB pick after lots of PSU crystal balls, is there something to be concerned about there?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Franklin and the staff take all 3 of Parsons, Oweh, and Smith if they all wanted in? Would leave us with 7 DL in this class (which is not a bad thing in my mind because D line is rotated frequently). Do they have enough room to squeeze all those guys in and still take Walker? Seems like they could all chose PSU at this point. Oweh seemed to really love his visit yesterday and Wiltfong put in a CB for Smith to PSU after it was nothing but OSU for a long time, seems like things may be shifting. I don't think anyone knows what Parsons will do at this point, lots of cloudy CB picks have been coming in for him. Also saw an Enis cloudy CB pick after lots of PSU crystal balls, is there something to be concerned about there?

They'd take 2 and stand a very good chance of getting 2. Sounds like they'd pass on Walker if they could get 2 of those 3. We are in a great spot for Micah now if we really want him. Talent off the charts, but he had to come and show some humility and remorse that he really screwed up with the circus his recruitment became and it sounds like he did just that. Also sounds like we are not out of it with Fields either....if tehy could reel him, Parsons and either of Oweh/Smith to end this class....holy crap

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd take 2 and stand a very good chance of getting 2. Sounds like they'd pass on Walker if they could get 2 of those 3. We are in a great spot for Micah now if we really want him. Talent off the charts, but he had to come and show some humility and remorse that he really screwed up with the circus his recruitment became and it sounds like he did just that. Also sounds like we are not out of it with Fields either....if tehy could reel him, Parsons and either of Oweh/Smith to end this class....holy crap

% on Fields? My God to get him and Micah.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I wouldn't have any clue on a percentage, just know we are still far more involved than recruiting services would lead you to believe

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I wouldn't have any clue on a percentage, just know we are still far more involved than recruiting services would lead you to believe

Think crystall ball is saying 3% with FSU & GA leading big.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the max schollys we can take this year?

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crystal Ball Predictions for top PSU recruits

1. Rasheed Walker - OT 100%
2. Jayson Oweh - DE 62% PSU / 38% OSU
3. Micah Parsons - DE 35% PSU / 45% OSU
4. Tyreke Smith - DE/TE 5% PSU / OSU 95%
5. Justin Fields - QB 3% PSU / FSU 52%
5. Tyler Friday - DE 67% UM

Looks like the OSU game will be key to recruiting. If we could land Walker and maybe 2 DE's we would be solid for a few years in the trenches. Just imagine if we get Fields throwing to Shorter for 3yrs. Really love what PSU is doing with Tommy Stevens. PSU is trying their hardest to keep him happy and staying with PSU. I do worry all his success might mean more teams come calling to see if he wants to transfer. Miles Sanders is a good RB but needs to hold onto the ball. We got a lot of great young players and depth is finally restored for us. Fun fun times being a PSU fan. I do worry we might get over confident with our success and #4 ranking and we haven't played any good teams yet.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crystal Ball Predictions for top PSU recruits

1. Rasheed Walker - OT 100%
2. Jayson Oweh - DE 62% PSU / 38% OSU
3. Micah Parsons - DE 35% PSU / 45% OSU
4. Tyreke Smith - DE/TE 5% PSU / OSU 95%
5. Justin Fields - QB 3% PSU / FSU 52%
5. Tyler Friday - DE 67% UM

Looks like the OSU game will be key to recruiting. If we could land Walker and maybe 2 DE's we would be solid for a few years in the trenches. Just imagine if we get Fields throwing to Shorter for 3yrs. Really love what PSU is doing with Tommy Stevens. PSU is trying their hardest to keep him happy and staying with PSU. I do worry all his success might mean more teams come calling to see if he wants to transfer. Miles Sanders is a good RB but needs to hold onto the ball. We got a lot of great young players and depth is finally restored for us. Fun fun times being a PSU fan. I do worry we might get over confident with our success and #4 ranking and we haven't played any good teams yet.

Wouldn't read much into CB's right now. I think we are more concerned with DL than OL, so we'd take the DE's over Walker. Parsons could also very well end up as an LB because he's that athletic if we go after him. Smith will likely end up at DT too. I think we are already going to lose a QB off the roster in Zembeic. He's already been passed by Clifford and they put in Fessler over him in mop up time. We'll also have some depth guys who aren't going to see the field transfer. I think if we can land the right guys we take 25 and worry about shaking out the roster later like every other bigtime program does.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't read much into CB's right now. I think we are more concerned with DL than OL, so we'd take the DE's over Walker. Parsons could also very well end up as an LB because he's that athletic if we go after him. Smith will likely end up at DT too. I think we are already going to lose a QB off the roster in Zembeic. He's already been passed by Clifford and they put in Fessler over him in mop up time. We'll also have some depth guys who aren't going to see the field transfer. I think if we can land the right guys we take 25 and worry about shaking out the roster later like every other bigtime program does.

The CB's are all about context. While Tyreke Smith has 95% OSU, the last two CB's have been put in for PSU by Wiltfong and Fitz, that's a pretty good indication of where he's leaning imo. The fact that the last few CB's for Fields from a lot of national guys have been cloudy is imo a positive for PSU as well. When he decomitted I think everyone assumed it was a slam dunk that he'd end up at an SEC school or FSU. The cloudy CB's tell me that a lot of people are not sure that is a slam dunk anymore. The most recent CB's put in for Parsons were also PSU picks from an analyst on an OSU recruiting website and from Wiltfong FWIW. I know that LBU always talks about this, but this really goes to show where the program is at right now. They are most likely going to have to turn away some legit high end 4 star guys because they don't have any room.

Anyways, who exactly do you think the right 25 guys are? We have 23 commits right now (maybe 22 depending on how the SAB grades situation works out), assuming all 3 of Parsons, Smith, and Oweh want it, which 2 do you think they take? I personally think I would want Smith and Parsons. Does taking 2 of those 3 shut the door on Walker and Enis? Also, if it becomes apparent that SAB will not qualify could they take all 3? Would they be willing to "re-accommodate" any current commits to make room for a big fish late in the game? I would assume that if Fields wants back in they would help Levis land on his feet somewhere.

Last edited:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAB will not be enrolling with this class. I don't see any way that happens. He'll prep or JUCO. If you like CB's, Wilfong just changed his for Parsons to PSU.

I trust this staff, whoever they feel make the most sense, I am on board with. I think we land Smith and Micah, but miss on Oweh.....hopefully add Fields to make up for it. SAB non qualifier and there's your 25

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) 4 more posts LBU and you are at 3,000 posts :suds:
2) Is Franklin going to wait possibly till January for a Micah decision or is it first come first serve?
3) Surprised we haven't gotten more big name commits the more we climbed the rankings. Feel some might want to see how we do against Michigan & OSU.
4) With Davis our kicker struggling how concerned are you and now losing out on Quinn who has been beast this season. Damn Harbaugh sleeping with recruits.
5) What if any is the word on Fields?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the max schollys we can take this year?

25 probably, and again, I wouldn't count SAB as he'll most almost certainly end up prep or JUCO. We'll make room for Oweh, Smith and if his head stays on straight, Parsons. would love to find room for Walker as well. Can't imagine anyone else is even an option at this point from a numbers/need standpoint. Nice that we hold all the cards and can pick/choose again.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) 4 more posts LBU and you are at 3,000 posts :suds:
2) Is Franklin going to wait possibly till January for a Micah decision or is it first come first serve?
3) Surprised we haven't gotten more big name commits the more we climbed the rankings. Feel some might want to see how we do against Michigan & OSU.
4) With Davis our kicker struggling how concerned are you and now losing out on Quinn who has been beast this season. Damn Harbaugh sleeping with recruits.
5) What if any is the word on Fields?

2) word is Micah is committing weekend of Michigan game and same word says its us.
3) Whether we get them early or late doesn't matter to me. If we finish with 2/3 of Oweh, Smith, Parsons, Walker we have a monster, top 5-6 class.
4) We need to fix our FG/XP blocking more than we need to fix Davis.
5) Fields, I'd be shocked if he wasn't choosing to waste away handing the ball off at UGA for 4 years instead of being the centerpiece of offense at a place like PSU or auburn.