• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Penn St @ Nebrasketball

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

During PSU starting lineups. Our players were looking at each other like this is fucking awesome haha

Last edited by a moderator:

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a basketball game last night????

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't really feel like reading through the thread.

i watched quite a bit of this game last night. thought they looked pretty good as long as hitting 3s, specifically Pitchford or Gallegos as that opened stuff up for Petteway and Shields for drives.

Miles needs to keep Gallegos under control. that guy makes some poor decisions. I'm looking at the stat sheet and only see him with 1 TO, but I swear he threw it away more than that. He also takes some ill advised shots. Petteway did that, there isn't any reason to take a 25 foot 3-pointer with more than 15 seconds on the shot clock.

Smith really needs to work on his ball skills too, he had 4TOs and some of them were just poor passes. had that one in the first half where he was just trying to hit an outlet and had the pass picked off and PSU got an easy layup. He also would get the ball in the low post and freeze. then get doubled and get into trouble. as a guy that's played the post, you've got to make a quick decision down there, use a post move and take a shot or pass it back out when the double team gets there.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my date last night....

I set the DVR to record the game and the wifey and I went to this lounge for a bit to eat and some adult beverages with some live music. We got there and the place was pretty full, and the tv's in the joint were tuned to the Olympics and some ACC basketball game I think. WTF!!! Guaranteed that if Crayton had been on that every tv would be tuned to it. Pissed me off, but I wasn't going to say anything because I planned on watching it once we got home.

Well then another gentelman and his wife arrived and he threw a fit that here we are in Nebraska, and this fucking place doesn't have the fucking NEBRASKA game on!!! So they turned 2 of the tv's to the game. I gave the guy a hi-five and he and I were shooting air hi-fives across the lounge at each other during the game. I think we were about the only 2 people in the entire place watching the game.

Still want to go back and watch the game on DVR to watch it in detail. The Maker's Mark was affecting my vision after awhile and some of the second half is a little hazy.

Fuck Creighton

Go Big Red

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't really feel like reading through the thread.

i watched quite a bit of this game last night. thought they looked pretty good as long as hitting 3s, specifically Pitchford or Gallegos as that opened stuff up for Petteway and Shields for drives.

Miles needs to keep Gallegos under control. that guy makes some poor decisions. I'm looking at the stat sheet and only see him with 1 TO, but I swear he threw it away more than that. He also takes some ill advised shots. Petteway did that, there isn't any reason to take a 25 foot 3-pointer with more than 15 seconds on the shot clock.

Smith really needs to work on his ball skills too, he had 4TOs and some of them were just poor passes. had that one in the first half where he was just trying to hit an outlet and had the pass picked off and PSU got an easy layup. He also would get the ball in the low post and freeze. then get doubled and get into trouble. as a guy that's played the post, you've got to make a quick decision down there, use a post move and take a shot or pass it back out when the double team gets there.

Sir, if we would have avoided all those things we would have won the game by about 90 points.

I want less turnovers, but sometimes in College Basketball you have to be happy with what you have. We absolutely destroyed a decent team last night. I'll take that any day of thee week.

There are always gonna be a ton of mistakes at this level though. Even the best teams make them.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sir, if we would have avoided all those things we would have won the game by about 90 points.

I want less turnovers, but sometimes in College Basketball you have to be happy with what you have. We absolutely destroyed a decent team last night. I'll take that any day of thee week.

There are always gonna be a ton of mistakes at this level though. Even the best teams make them.
yea, i understand. i was just pointing them out to point them out.

TOs are one of those things you can easily see and even try and coach, but very hard to get kids to translate it to the court 100% of the time. for example the TO i pointed out by Smith, it's such a routine play to hit that outlet pass, 99% of the time the guy isn't there to steal it.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win but was it ever a boring ass game.