• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Penguins @ Lightning

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously no thread for this?? & it's tied up 4 all in the 3rd with : 56 left??

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GG guys, that was a great game by both teams. Our defenses need work tho.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GG guys, that was a great game by both teams. Our defenses need work tho.
it was a good game we would have won if bishop was in the net I think the lightning fans are down on lindback.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Bishop could've changed the outcome. Still tho, can't blame the goalies when the defense in front of them plays like that. I understand that there was a lot of offensive firepower on display tonight, but no excuses for a lot of the penalties. Can't even blame the refs, those penalties were a result of laziness & sloppy play.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Bishop could've changed the outcome. Still tho, can't blame the goalies when the defense in front of them plays like that. I understand that there was a lot of offensive firepower on display tonight, but no excuses for a lot of the penalties. Can't even blame the refs, those penalties were a result of laziness & sloppy play.
Ya lots of calls tonight by the refs unreal! Ya lots of fire power but with Lindback it really does not matter if he is playing florida or the penguins he lets too many soft goals in. I'm starting to think now yzerman flopped on giving up 3 draft picks for lindback hope I'm wrong. MAF has been red hot and when are offense put 4 goals on him we really need to pick up at least a point. Hope Lindback just had a off game I admit defense was not that great.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad they traded for Ben Bishop last year at first I was like wait we got Lindback why give up Conacher for another goalie then I watched Ben Bishop play! and was like oh now I see why.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on a good note Alex Killorn is turning into a stud of a hockey player! it would not surprise me this year if the Lightning and Penguins met in the playoffs this year.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good NEWS!! well looks like bishop will be ready Lightning have reassigned netminder Cedrick Desjardins to their AHL affiliate the @SyracuseCrunch

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if I would blame the goalies too much. Pens PP% is 35.7% (2nd in the NHL), Ning's PP% is 31.6% (3rd in the NHL). I think if you take penalties against either team you're going to make your goalie look bad. Other than the goal he gave up to Niskanen (which was on a power play), I really don't fault Lindback for any of the goals he gave up tonight. I thought both teams did a splendid job of leaving the slot open for each other and I really felt bad for both Lindback & MAF at the end of the game. They looked bad because their teams just played bad defense IMO.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good NEWS!! well looks like bishop will be ready Lightning have reassigned netminder Cedrick Desjardins to their AHL affiliate the @SyracuseCrunch

That's good news. Glad he's well.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if I would blame the goalies too much. Pens PP% is 35.7% (2nd in the NHL), Ning's PP% is 31.6% (3rd in the NHL). I think if you take penalties against either team you're going to make your goalie look bad. Other than the goal he gave up to Niskanen (which was on a power play), I really don't fault Lindback for any of the goals he gave up tonight. I thought both teams did a splendid job of leaving the slot open for each other and I really felt bad for both Lindback & MAF at the end of the game. They looked bad because their teams just played bad defense IMO.
Yes indeed the power plays did make the goalies look much worse. But for some reason I still have little faith in Andres Lindback I think nashville took stevie Y to the cleaners for him. If yzerman and the lightning had the faith in him still then why give up conacher for Ben Bishop ? But I will give Lindback some more games I hope he turns in around.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Bishop is better than Lindback no doubt.

I just thought Lindback looked better in form last night than he did against the Pens in February,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv5Ad9yeiN8]Lightning @ Penguins 02/24/13 - YouTube[/ame]

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game I thought the bolts loosed it rather than the pens winning it. Bolts were the better team through 40 mins, they sat back to start the 3rd period and that quickly resulted in a goal. After that they looked flat, they made sloppy mistakes and committed undisciplined penalties. I thought the bolts had this game under control despite the Pens fire power, the bolts just didn't come to play in the 3rd. Perhaps with Bishop in goal it could of been a different outcome but Lindy played ok for the most part, I thought his rebound control was poor but he did his job, the guys in front of him didn't. They didn't play for about 12 minute spell in the 3rd and that's what cost us. Considering this was a 'measuring stick' game against a quality championship opponent, this team matched up pretty well, a bit more discipline and the bolts would of been sitting 4-1-0.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game I thought the bolts loosed it rather than the pens winning it. Bolts were the better team through 40 mins, they sat back to start the 3rd period and that quickly resulted in a goal. After that they looked flat, they made sloppy mistakes and committed undisciplined penalties. I thought the bolts had this game under control despite the Pens fire power, the bolts just didn't come to play in the 3rd. Perhaps with Bishop in goal it could of been a different outcome but Lindy played ok for the most part, I thought his rebound control was poor but he did his job, the guys in front of him didn't. They didn't play for about 12 minute spell in the 3rd and that's what cost us. Considering this was a 'measuring stick' game against a quality championship opponent, this team matched up pretty well, a bit more discipline and the bolts would of been sitting 4-1-0.

Good summary of the game. No disagreements there. Was a good game to watch if you're a neutral observer tho. Next to the Oilers & Maple Leafs I felt it was the best game of the night last night.